Photography thread (3 Viewers)

Rich

Cheers! Do you have a specific model/camera in mind. I live in Hove.
Ahh I got some nice images on the front walking into Brighton. Below being a sample.

Mine is a DMC FZ-18. It's ten years old so it's cheap, but is very user friendly with a good zoom.

20171009_170514.jpg 20171009_171712.jpg

ajsccfc

7kx4pMF.png

Smo3aF5.png

kSpKeNN.png

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Any good suggestions for a decent camera, off to Alaska this summer and don’t want to rely on my old Panasonic or my phone, want to take some decent pics.Had an old lumix pre digital which was good, anyone have the digital ones now?

Rich

Any good suggestions for a decent camera, off to Alaska this summer and don’t want to rely on my old Panasonic or my phone, want to take some decent pics.Had an old lumix pre digital which was good, anyone have the digital ones now?
Mine is a 10 year old lumix. I really rate it and will probably look for the same model of I ever break it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have a Canon 550D. It's getting on a bit, but still a great camera. I also use (as attachments) a Tamron 70-300mm zoom lens, a 3 piece macro lens extension for close up pics, an intervelometer for time-lapse stuff and a remote control. Also a good tripod. All in all I think it's cost me around £600. The camera body (with standard 18-50mm lens) was second-hand and the rest I bought new over time. Not mega-bucks against some, I know, but it's all I want to spend!

Houchens Head

Portsmouth from the Isle of Wight (Ryde)
IMG_3160.JPG

ccfcno9

_DSC1820.JPG _DSC1892.JPG _DSC2121.JPG _DSC1824.JPG
I would suggest any of the entry level DSLR/mirror camera's Canon/Sony or Nikon as although compacts and phones have come on enormously there is still no comparison to a "proper" camera in low light conditions. I'm not a photographer of any standard but the last 10 years have travelled quite a bit at great expense so a few hundred pounds has been as good investment for me to preserve memories. Here's a couple from Mexico last year taken with shaky hand, no flash or processing on Nikon D5001

Marty

Great photos again, The third shot from the post above is amazing.

ccfcno9

Great photos again, The third shot from the post above is amazing.
Thanks a lot. _DSC1884.JPG _DSC1886.JPG _DSC1887.JPG I can't sleep in when away so sunrise gazing is something I do most days. the next 3 were taken within 20 minutes of each other amazing the colours changes the 1st one at 6.05 just catches sunrise, the moon and in the centre of picture Jupiter if I remember correctly. Taken with 18-140 lens, auto mode(point and shoot).

Marty

IMG_20180309_131806.jpg IMG_20180309_131758.jpg I came over all artsy earlier. Not something that I would usually be interested in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Amazing photos Rich, I wish I could afford to take you on holiday as my official photographer, maybe when I win the Euro millions and buy the club.

Rich

Amazing photos Rich, I wish I could afford to take you on holiday as my official photographer, maybe when I win the Euro millions and buy the club.
Cheers, where are we going?

I'm on £100k salary at the moment so you'll need to smash that for me to leave the family and travel the world. ;-)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Cheers, where are we going?

I'm on £100k salary at the moment so you'll need to smash that for me to leave the family and travel the world. ;-)

Alaska, Vancouver and Seattle, I call you when I win that lottery, should have enough money to fund the family as well with that win unless you would rather them not come along with you :)

wingy

Some of you may be interested on a story the BBC are running as a segment today on the lost /stashed photos of a John Turner.
Black and whites of a not so distant past but fascinating none the less and emphasising what a talented snapper he was .
There is an online article with examples If someone could link on the BBC website by Roger Coombes dated 29th May .

Houchens Head

I've never tried light trails before, mainly because the traffic is so bloody quiet on the island, you could wait for hours with your camera on a 'bulb' setting and a ridiculously long exposure...…. anyway, so when I was in Cov recently, staying at the Jacobean Hotel on the Holyhead Rd, I thought I'd try a shot. I think I went out too early though. Should have waited until it was a bit darker outside...….. IMG_6452.jpg IMG_6453.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread