Pilgrim fan (I come in peace!) - parking query (1 Viewer)

grogee

Morning Sky Blues Fans

I'm a Pilgrim intending to come and watch tonight's game (in the safety of the away end). Going to drive myself and three others to Ricoh at about 7pm.

I've tried to purchase parking online but the Ricoh website is utterly useless and the only number I get goes to Karl someone's answerphone (left a message but not expecting call back).

Can I park in the arena or at the shopping bit next to it?
If not can I pay at the gate at one of the recommended car parks (Christ the King or Wayside Business Park)?

Good luck tonight, may the best team win etc. As an ex-Cov resident I sympathise with your current plight - I remember the good old days of Premiership and Highfield Road...

torchomatic

Car Park C - on the road opposite the ground will only be a fiver. There'll be plenty of space. Safe journey.

Kingokings204

Tesco Ricoh is free and parking opposite in car park c is a fiver. Both good options

Noggin

we always park in Tesco, if there is someone asking shopping or football just say shopping, on the rare occasions where there is someone at the exit after the game (cant see any chance of that tonight) you can either go spend something in tescos, better to buy £20 of beer that you know you'll drink than pay ten quid or whatever it is to park. or go and eat in one of the resturants like pizza hut and they will be long gone before youre finished.

torchomatic

I think I'd rather just spend a fiver than potentially £20 in Tescos or Pizza Hut and then wait around a bit. Each to their own though.

we always park in Tesco, if there is someone asking shopping or football just say shopping, on the rare occasions where there is someone at the exit after the game (cant see any chance of that tonight) you can either go spend something in tescos, better to buy £20 of beer that you know you'll drink than pay ten quid or whatever it is to park. or go and eat in one of the resturants like pizza hut and they will be long gone before youre finished.

Ian1779

Hen Lane WM club... quite often park for free either in or just outside.

Safe journey.... please don't beat us ;)

Noggin

I think I'd rather just spend a fiver than potentially £20 in Tescos or Pizza Hut and then wait around a bit. Each to their own though.

I concider the money in Tescos free really as long as you buy something you will be buying anyway. So while you are spending £20, really you are saving a fiver and you only have to do this if they are manning the gates on the way out and I find that very unlikely tonight.

I agree with you on pizza hut etc though obviously only do that if you want to have something to eat because otherwise its a false economy. you don't need to spend money and wait though, just one or the other.

Is parking always £5 now? or just for the cheap games, fiver isn't too bad, last time we parked there I think it was £170 (could be mistaken, I just remember it was more than my disabled season ticket) for the season which was silly money imo.

grogee

Thanks, I think we'll do the Tesco thing and buy some beer if we see the parking police.

I love the comment about the bus being parked in the goalmouth...

On paper this should be an even game - we are on a good streak and scoring goals but your League 1 status/quality must count for something and of course you're at home. Are your tickets a fiver as well?

I heard Pressley's comments - as a player I would be concerned for my place in the squad and even the club.

Dangerous game for him as he is distancing himself from the players to discipline them, but how do you translate that into better performance on the pitch?

duffer

Respect to any fan willing to drive from Plymouth and back to watch a midweek JPT game. If it was me I'd let you in free, personally! ;)

Obviously you're only really coming to watch City.

Regardless, the home thing probably isn't as much as an advantage as you'd think. It could be that your lads will get a lift whereas our will be a bit nervous of the likely reaction of the fans, especially if it's not going our way after twenty minutes. Also, I wouldn't expect a massive attendance. Anyway, about time you got going isn't it, or you'll miss the kick-off. :)

torchomatic

No, it's a tenner for league games. Before Sixfields we used to buy a parking ST but haven't bothered since we came back. It was actually £195 a season for us, I think.

Is parking always £5 now? or just for the cheap games, fiver isn't too bad, last time we parked there I think it was £170 (could be mistaken, I just remember it was more than my disabled season ticket) for the season which was silly money imo.

wal3590

Thanks, I think we'll do the Tesco thing and buy some beer if we see the parking police.

I love the comment about the bus being parked in the goalmouth...

On paper this should be an even game - we are on a good streak and scoring goals but your League 1 status/quality must count for something and of course you're at home. Are your tickets a fiver as well?

I heard Pressley's comments - as a player I would be concerned for my place in the squad and even the club.

Dangerous game for him as he is distancing himself from the players to discipline them, but how do you translate that into better performance on the pitch?

Just seen 4/1 on you lot to win... Lump on!!!!

ajsccfc

Tesco must get enough of a bump in takings on matchdays that they don't give a shit about parking. Evenings at least, Saturdays tend to be parking mayhem there at the best of times.

Sbarcher

If you're going to drive to the Ricoh at about 7pm then you'll have to get a shift on, normally takes longer than 45mins.....................

Noggin

Just seen 4/1 on you lot to win... Lump on!!!!

completely off topic but hopefully I'll be forgiven. I've started doing matched betting and I'm up £700 over 2 weeks and it's nearly risk free (the bets are risk free but human error, or internet failure or something leave some risk. Does anyone else do it?

torchomatic

No, but I like the sound of it. What do you do? And where?

Warwickhunt

RAOB Club on the Foleshill Road £4 , cheap beer £2.15 Carling - opposite Coventry Gas Club - 5 minutes walk to RICOH

grogee

Respect to any fan willing to drive from Plymouth and back to watch a midweek JPT game. If it was me I'd let you in free, personally! ;)

Obviously you're only really coming to watch City.

Regardless, the home thing probably isn't as much as an advantage as you'd think. It could be that your lads will get a lift whereas our will be a bit nervous of the likely reaction of the fans, especially if it's not going our way after twenty minutes. Also, I wouldn't expect a massive attendance. Anyway, about time you got going isn't it, or you'll miss the kick-off. :)

Of course, I'm coming to see the recently re-homed club that's got the biggest empty seats score in League One... :p

Seriously though I've followed the Ricoh battle on local news, can't believe it led to the disaster groundshare last season, thank goodness common sense has prevailed and you are at your rightful ground.

Confession time, I live in Leamington Spa... (born and bred in SW Devon though). We have literally ones of fans all over the world! And I'm dragging my mum and dad from Cirencester, plus my misssus, so that's another 3 for the away attendance.

I'm a lazy fan so only bother seeing PAFC when I'm down visiting my old stomping ground, or they play in the Midlands somewhere...

I hear on the PASOTI site that there's a few coming up for the game, they're expecting 300-500 and they've laid on a few coaches at favourable rates. So hopefully there will be some friendly faces in the away supporters cage.

Thanks for all the tips & comments, I was worried about a flaming from the 'enemy' but all's fair in love and JPT.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Good luck tonight Grogee! Keep the score low eh?

Users who are viewing this thread