Play Off Race '24 thread (1 Viewer)

Hobo

I think it’s reasonable to think we could not lose again at home this season, so away form will be the difference.

Personally I think the top 6 will be as it is now.

As results stand so far in tonight's games we are seventh? Potentially at full time we could be 8th.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Statistically West Brom, Ipswich and Norwich have the easiest run in to the play offs. Ours in moderately hard but not as hard as Hull or Sunderland.
Screenshot_2024-02-13-21-05-35-353_com.android.chrome.jpg

SkyblueTexan

Think Watford are out of the race. We really need to try to win tomorrow to keep pace with 6 other teams for 2 spots.

SkyblueTexan

If I was a Norwich fan I would be quietly confident of my chances
True and they'll probably put up more of a fight to Leicester, Leeds and Soton who I think will get promoted anyway. That's how parachute payments are supposed to work aren't they?

wingy

True and they'll probably put up more of a fight to Leicester, Leeds and Soton who I think will get promoted anyway. That's how parachute payments are supposed to work aren't they?
Not necessarily , we've had results with all of them?

SkyBlue_Bear83

What does all that mean in layman’s terms?
The PLD shows the average points per game of all opponents so far this season.

The REM shows the average points per game of all opponents between now and the end of the season.

So a higher REMAIN number means statistically will be playing teams higher up in the league and a lower number statistically means playing more teams lower in the table.

The % is showing the difference between played and remaining.

So teams like Hull and Sunderland have played more of there easier fixtures on paper and have tougher fixtures remaining, Norwich have played more of there difficult fixtures on paper and have more of there easier ones remaining.

We are pretty well balanced with our remaining fixtures around the same difficulty as the ones we have played so far.

robbiekeane

Collins

Bidwell
Kitching
Thomas
MVE

Sheaf
Torp

Wright
O Hare
Saka

Simms

I just feel like that starting 11 could beat anyone in this league including through the playoffs and so injuries are going to be what makes or breaks us

JSL

I keep hearing COH is injured and hasn't travelled to Plymouth. Is it true? I hope nit. Our midfield is rapidly dying. What a relief we bought Torp in January.

Frostie

It's been given as an OG. Mean spirited
It's a cross that isn't going in, how could it be anything else?

If I was Rosenior I'd have been livid with him had they not scored & won. When you watch the full thing, they gift him the ball in the penalty area & he literally just has to square it to his teammate to tap in, instead he decides to take on a man twice for no reason & then rabona a cross nowhere near any teammates. He's a very lucky boy.

SeaSeeEffCee

It's a cross that isn't going in, how could it be anything else?

If I was Rosenior I'd have been livid with him had they not scored & won. When you watch the full thing, they gift him the ball in the penalty area & he literally just has to square it to his teammate to tap in, instead he decides to take on a man twice for no reason & then rabona a cross nowhere near any teammates. He's a very lucky boy.

Should have been disallowed purely for him having Jaden on the back of his shirt.

Hobo

True , but lose the next 2 and it could look a pretty daunting task for us
I don't. disagree with that as tonight's games are games in hand and potentially opens up a gap for WBA and Hull on us.

We have to hang on to their cost tails.

Evo1883

I don't. disagree with that as tonight's games are games in hand and potentially opens up a gap for WBA and Hull on us.

We have to hang on to their cost tails.
Well , we have west brom next week away so the chance to close it is then

Users who are viewing this thread