Player of the Season - Early Runners (1 Viewer)

With three games to go maybe time to consider player of the season nominations and preferences.

So let's look at your 3 early nominations plus your final choice for Player Of the Season.

My 3 are: Reice Charles - Cook, Chris Stokes, Adam Armstrong and the Winner is: Chris Stokes

Terry Gibson's perm

Stokes and I never thought I would say that rcc and Armstrong as the other two

young player Armstrong

most improved Aaron Martin

most injured Reda Johnson;)

skybluegod

Yep Chris Stokes, easily player of the season, most consistent and been a warrior. AA close, but has failed to replicate form for whole season but he is still close second.

stupot07

Stokes and Martin are probably the outstanding candidate's as they have been consistently good.

Honourable mentions to Armstrong and Fleck but unfortunately they have dropped off significantly for the last half of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

Stokes and Martin are probably the outstanding candidate's as they have been consistently good.

Honourable mentions to Armstrong and Fleck but unfortunately they have dropped off significantly for the last half of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fleck never really dropped off the last month be fair

dongonzalos

stokes and rcc most consistant

arma was fantastic till december and shit after

Stokes most improved due to the move to CB
This is where he should play next season
RCC only consistent for half a season
The second half when most the others were inconsistent.
Hoping for a full season from him next year

RCC young player
Stokes most improved
Fleck or Vince player of the year

skyblue025

If Armstrong manages to get over the 20 goal line it should be him. Phenomenal achievement for a player in his first full playing season. He also puts a shift in even if things aren't going his way. One of the reasons he will make it at the level where a few others won't. Stokes a good solid season, Martin the same.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

1- Stokes
2- RCC
3- Armstrong (for THAT 1st half of the season)

Notable mention for Aaron Martin if he had played more probably be in my top 3 with his consistent level of performance.

lifeskyblue

For me it's between Stokes and Martin....both unassuming guys who always seem to be giving their best. Closely followed by fleck and then arma.
First half of season I would have put Vincelot in the mix....I really thought his break up play was so important to the way we played. Not sure what went wrong for him.
Honourable mention for RCC who I was uncertain about but who is developing nicely and beginning to become a 'presence' like all great keepers are.
Most exciting player I have seen in sky blue for years...Kent...would love to see him back here to help with his development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

1) chris stokes. Gave nothing less than 100% and still looked solid when our defence was at its weakest. Fitness and performance levels stepped up massively in the 12 months he's been here.
2) Adam Armstrong. Should of won this but form and the goals drying up. Propelled us to the top with his eye for goal and movement. Top player in the making. (will win the jsb title anyway)
3) RCC and Arron Martin. Both look very solid and composed of late, both had there wobbles but come back stronger.

skybluegod

For me it's between Stokes and Martin....both unassuming guys who always seem to be giving their best. Closely followed by fleck and then arma.
First half of season I would have put Vincelot in the mix....I really thought his break up play was so important to the way we played. Not sure what went wrong for him.
Honourable mention for RCC who I was uncertain about but who is developing nicely and beginning to become a 'presence' like all great keepers are.
Most exciting player I have seen in sky blue for years...Kent...would love to see him back here to help with his development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing with Vincelot is, he is one of the only warriors in our team, and so when in the second half of the season, we were needing to grind out results, i think his mindset changed, but the rest of the teams didn't so he was left fighting a losing battle.

clint van damme

surprised at the amount of people selecting Fleck. Too inconsistent for me although very good on his day.

rupert_bear

Chris Stokes by a mile, Remember it's player of the SEASON Adam Armstrong not quiet the player second half of the season which was to be expected. For his first season RCC is up there, especially after over coming a bit of indifferent form just after xmas. I think he'll be attracting the attentions of bigger fish next season of course sisu will fight them off with all their might.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
For an almost ever present, and being our leading top goal score, Armstrong should be up there. But has he been 'that' good over the course of the season? Certainly hasn't proven that prolific, what with him usually getting more than one goal in a game that he's scored in which makes his goal scoring ratio not that good!

For me it's Stokes or Martin. Most likely vote for Stokes though. Certainly the most consistent player we've had

RCC has improved but still vulnerable and a lot of areas he could do with improving in before he earns a POTS award.

Fleck early on for me was decent but has clearly been distracted this side of Christmas and only the last 2 games has he shown again what he can do. Possibly to put himself back in the shop window though

westofrayne

With three games to go maybe time to consider player of the season nominations and preferences.

So let's look at your 3 early nominations plus your final choice for Player Of the Season.

My 3 are: Reice Charles - Cook, Chris Stokes, Adam Armstrong and the Winner is: Chris Stokes

Shocked we resigned him, couldn't understand TM but my god I was wrong, Stokes for me all day long

Brylowes

Would have to go for RCC.
Dont think he would have been expecting to feature as much as he has,but
considering it's the most pressurised position on the pitch,he's handled
himself really well. I'm sure there were times he wished there was an
experienced keeper to come in and take the pressure off him.
He's never shirked his responsibilities and seems to be finishing the season
stronger than ever.
Burge started as No 1 ,but when mistakes started to happen he began to
crumble under the pressure ,bet he was glad when TM dropped him.
They are both very young to be playing a full league campaign.

2, Stokes & Armstrong

mark82

Stokes hands down and it's not even close.

Behind him I'd probably say Fleck and Armstrong. JOB wouldn't be far off based on the games he played before sent to Scunthorpe. One of the biggest mistakes this season.

Users who are viewing this thread