Player of the season so far? (2 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

All have had purple patches of excellence but through injury or fatigue it’s not been sustained therefore my choice would be Haji Wright. If you would have stated that would be my choice in November I wouldnt have believed it.

rob9872

Can't argue with either of those. Right now probably Sheaf edges it, but if Haji keeps scoring then I can see him by end of season taking it. A couple of months back I'd have said Milan but a bit off recently until Wolves and also consideration must be for Mr Consistency, Bidders who has to have a shout.

Hiraeth

Sheaf is the first name that comes to mind.

Think Collins, Wright, Eccles and Sakamoto haven't been too far behind him.

For me, a lot of the team are generally good on average with few consistently above the rest of them over the season so far

shmmeee

Sheaf. We missed him so much when he was out. Eccles is in with a shout for me. Has stepped up again and again filled in all over without complaint. Still not there in terms of quality at times for me, but in terms of progression and impact he’s been huge. Latubeaudiere for impact as well, lots of minutes all over the pitch and never lets us down.

skyblue_55

Bidwell for me too .
Such a pro & he’s took a lot of messing about in his stride , but you know what your getting with him .
What a massive TEAM change around though , when so many names could be associated with this ?

torchomatic

The answers in this thread are a sign of our real progression this season. Last season we had a choice of two. This season there are players all over the pitch who have been outstanding or have improved beyond measure.

It's nice not to have to rely on one or two individuals.

Chris1987

The improvement in a good number of players over the season has been marked which can only be down to MR & Viveash. More importantly we now look like a proper team.
My list of candidates
Sheaf
Wright
Sakamoto
Bidwell

Sheaf edges it currently as he has played well all season. Bidwell was instrumental in the turnaround of fortunes and is greatly missed when he's not playing. This group will only get better.

covcity4life

Sheaf, Thomas or wright

Honourable mention to lati for being solid in every position he plays. Really happy with that signing.

clint van damme

Wright for me, took his time getting going, but to come into a new league, get the numbers he's got and score that winner at Wolves I'd give it to him.
Sheaf and Saka would be up there but for injuries.

Hertsccfc

Eccles for his consistency and contribution over the season as a whole, followed by Sheaf and then Wright.

Sakamoto was outstanding over a period but this was not long enough to count as player of the season.

Saddlebrains

The good thing is I don't think there's a massive stand out this year which says a lot about the team

Of course for impressive single performances you've got Sheaf, Sakamoto, Wright, Bidwell, but then you have just behind that for keeping a high standard over a prolonged period of time, Eccles, Thomas and Kitching, i really find it hard to pick this year

But gun to head, Sheaf because i love him and genuinely think hes the best 6 in this league

Brighton Sky Blue

The good thing is I don't think there's a massive stand out this year which says a lot about the team

Of course for impressive single performances you've got Sheaf, Sakamoto, Wright, Bidwell, but then you have just behind that for keeping a high standard over a prolonged period of time, Eccles, Thomas and Kitching, i really find it hard to pick this year

But gun to head, Sheaf because i love him and genuinely think hes the best 6 in this league
For Wright to have made you go from starting to hate him to putting him in contender for player of the season is some improvement!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Got to be one of
Sheaf
Sakamoto
Bidwell
But my pick is Bidwell, so professional and his delivery has stepped up a notch, the way he had to bide his time and just slotted straight in says a lot about his attitude and character so has to be him

Martin180

Eccles was our best player early season but since our upturn in form you can name so many . Sheaf , Bidwell , MvE , Kitching , Wright , Simms ......

Users who are viewing this thread