Player Overload - How Many and Who ?? (2 Viewers)

Losing track of our squad at the moment - anyone have an up to date composite list of names/positions etc.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Goalkeeper
Burge
RCC

Defenders
Lorentzon
Phillips
Willis (long term injury)
Reda (long term injury)
Ricketts
Ramage
Martin
Stephens
Cargill
Stokes
Haynes

Midfield
Rose
Fleck
Bigirimana
Vincelot
Finch
C Thomas
Cole
Hunt
Maddison
JOB
Murphy
Lameiras

Strikers
Armstrong
Henderson
Tudgay
Fortune
G Thomas

Is what I make it as, plus young players like Sambou, Harries, Stevenson etc.

Goalkeeper
Burge
RCC

Defenders
Lorentzon
Phillips
Reda (long term injury)
Ricketts
Ramage
Martin
Stephens
Cargill
Stokes
Haynes

Midfield
Rose
Fleck
Bigirimana
Vincelot
Finch
C Thomas
Cole
Hunt
Maddison
JOB
Murphy
Lameiras

Strikers
Armstrong
Henderson
Tudgay
Fortune
G Thomas

Seems a lot to me - 13 players chasing a back 5 - 12 players chasing a midfield 4 - not enough forwards is glaringly apparent

shmmeee

Seems a lot to me - 13 players chasing a back 5 - 12 players chasing a midfield 4 - not enough forwards is glaringly apparent

Willis, Reda, C Thomas and Finch all injured long term. Really it's 9 into 4 at the back and 10 into 5 in the midfield.

dongonzalos

Goalkeeper
Burge
RCC

Defenders
Lorentzon
Phillips
Reda (long term injury)
Ricketts
Ramage
Martin
Stephens
Cargill
Stokes
Haynes

Midfield
Rose
Fleck
Bigirimana
Vincelot
Finch
C Thomas
Cole
Hunt
Maddison
JOB
Murphy
Lameiras

Strikers
Armstrong
Henderson
Tudgay
Fortune
G Thomas

Strikers is still short for me

dongonzalos

Also it's the standard of player competing in each position.
Up front the completion definitely needs one more player of pace.
Unless Murphy can be classed as that player.

Covstu

I think it's more about are the strikers good enough rather than have we got enough

stevefloyd

I still think we need as i have all season we need another 15-20 goal a season striker but i know on our budget thats not easy to find

johnwillomagic

Erm we only play 1 up top so yes five competing for one spot is fine.......we have far too
many at the moment which is leading to team chopping and changing too much.

Henderson signing mystifies me and we cannot say forwards are not good enough if they never
actually get a fair crack a category which I definitely class Tudguy under......if we are to play two
up top which I approve of don't sign Henderson but give Tudguy a spell up top with Armstrong.

Need to release a few from their contracts now I think if we don't cannot see another forward coming
in for sure cannot see how we have got the money for squad numbers as it is compared to most other
league 1 teams I can now see why other league one teams may be whingeing

kg82

I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact we have Joe Cole. Don't care what anyone says, he's way above this level.

Hobo

I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact we have Joe Cole. Don't care what anyone says, he's way above this level.

You might be right, but he hasn't set us alight. In fact he is one of the reasons we have rotation in the midfield. Combine this with forced changes in the back four due to injury and I think there is the problem behind our lack of form.

Rodney Marsh was probably the best midfielder in the country when he signed for Manchester City, who were spanking everyone. They weren't Champions at the end of the season; Marsh was the reason. Not because Marsh was rubbish, he just didn't fit in their system.

Cole still has a lot to prove if he is to be a positive effect on Coventry City.

Users who are viewing this thread