Player ratings jpt (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Murphy 6 at fault for goal as yet again pushed a shot straight back into danger zone for a tap in

Christie 6 utd were obviously aware of his threat going forward hence the space in the left first half, we need to learn to exploit that

Wood7 solid
Edge 7
Blair 7
Jenning 6 shocking first half but good run for goal
Bailey 8 got the ball down well first half
Moussa 7
Baker 7
Macca 7
Mcgoldrick 7 quiet but still dangerous

stupot07

Murphy 6
Christie 6
Wood 7
Edge 7
Adams 6
Jennings 6 (first half 4)
Bailey 8
Baker 6
Moussa 7
Sheff 7

pusbccfc

Murphy 7
Cyrus 6
Edge 7
Wood 7
Adams 7

Baker 8
Bailey 8
Jennings 6
Moussa 7
Sheff 6.5

Mcgoldrick 6

covcity4life

murphy 6 - he has improved alot but still needs to push balls to safety,made a save in shootout to make amends though. rolled the ball out alot tonight which as pleasing!

christie 6 - still hols off making crosses way too long,bit weak and not sharp enough using his mind.. hard worker though

wood - 9 - thought he was brilliant myself,won every header and battled hard,now im not woodys biggest fan and we all laugh at his 50p head but today his passing was very good and he made some great forward passes

edjeduele - 8 - worked hard,looked solid.

adams- 6 - looks pacey and always got into good positions but we didnt utilise him at all,defended well

jennings - 6 - really poor first half,couldnt complete a pass and never wona tackle but a brilliant cross for our goal and then he got some confidence back, needs more bite in his tackles though

bailey - 7 - calm assured and worked hard

mcsheffrey - 6 - a good workmanlike performance,not much worked for hm attacking wise though

baker 8 - gives 100% and looked a real threat when he had the ball

mousa - 7 - looked dangerous when running at defence,good 1-2's also

mcgoldrick - 7 - held the ball up well,adds so much presence to our team

overall we look like a really solid unit nowadays,more work is needed in final third but we look better with every game.

also like to add we deserved to go through, sheff utd never looked dangerous imo,it was a good cov performance.

Last edited:

FinchyNo1

Murphy 6 at fault for goal as yet again pushed a shot straight back into danger zone for a tap

To be fair i have my concerns about Murphy but thought he did ok today, he commanded his area way better than usual. I also think it was a good save just before the goal and that the cause was from none of outfield players responding to the rebound IMO

ggrady

Murphy 8 for me. Couldn't have done much more do the goal and won us it in the pens. Leave him alone. Baker was an easy 8 as well he was outstanding a bit of class on the ball

FinchyNo1

Murphy 8 for me. Couldn't have done much more do the goal and won us it in the pens. Leave him alone. Baker was an easy 8 as well he was outstanding a bit of class on the ball

Agreed Baker was class, getting better each week

pusbccfc

Was annoyed with how Mcgoldrick drifted out wide in the first half. Baker and McSheffery had no-one to aim at which led to some wild shooting.

Ryan Parfrey

Why does everyone hate Murphy? The shot was struck well shot through a crowd of players which he did well to get down too.. What about the players who didnt react and go with either of the 3 players who could of tapped the ball in.. Murphys been one of our best players this year

covcity4life

yes the defenders can be blamed too i agree,but to absolve murphy of any blame is just dumb, he pushe dit out into 6 yard box,he could ahve dealt with it better

Otis

Baker did play very well, but outstanding? He ballooned two shots from very good positions way, way over the bar.

Very good, but not outstanding to my mind.

Baginton

Murphy 7 good game,
Christie 7 quiet tonight, no runs!
Wood 7 missed 2 free headers in their box
Edge 6 poor
Adams 7 bright spark
Jennings 7
Bailey 8 genius
Baker 6 hit and miss as usual, not a captain
Moussa 7 worked hard
Sheff 5 woeful, needs dropping
McGoldrick 6 lose the gloves

Fleck, brought on 15 mins too late and should have been sheff off

how slow was blades #5 should have been pounced on several times, they had too much time on the ball.

Bertola

Couldnt blame Murphy for the goal, shot was struck very well, and bounced right in front of him.

Bailey Motm for me, he was excellent, got his foot in, played some excellent passes (especially the one to Jennings for the goal). Moussa was impressive too, we missed his movement, and link up play when he was taken off. Baker too, he continually had the beating of his man.

Impressive too that we didnt show any signs of nerves after going one up, we continued to attack, and had some great moves, even after Sheff U scored we finished the game strongly (after a quick 5 minute wobble) showing good character.

Positive evening all-round

ashbyjan

Murphy 6 One good save - one small error for goal - one penalty save
Christie 6 Defensively sound but non existent as attacking force
Wood 8 Best game defensively for long time
Edge 6 Did OK
Adams 7 Constantly ignored when in good attacking positions but did well
Jennings 6 Worked hard and great run for goal
Bailey 7 Showed touches of class, ran midfield
Baker 7 Some great touches, worked hard but constantly gave away silly free kicks
Moussa 7 Worked hard but again gave ball away in dangerous areas
Sheff 5 Contributed nothing and looked slower than their Billy Bunter centre back
McGoldrick 6 Not at his best but never stopped making runs and harrying defenders

Overall we were by far the better side controlling the game without the cutting edge upfront even with McG - heaven knows how ineffective we will be if he isn't replaced adequately in Jan.

Bertola

Was annoyed with how Mcgoldrick drifted out wide in the first half. Baker and McSheffery had no-one to aim at which led to some wild shooting.

Agree with this too.

There was one time he had drifted out into a decent position on the left, but we worked the ball down the right, instead of getting into the box he stood their almost sulking that he didnt get the ball, and then when a cross came into the box, but there was no-one in there.

It's hard to criticise him the way he has been playing, but that did annoy me a bit last night

covcity4life

i dunno, he worked his socks off up their on his own, held the ball up well too.

didnt do great atatcking but i felt he had a good game.

Murphy 4 - Should have done better when we conceded. Needed to parry it away rather than towards a striker. Maybe we should give Dunn a try
Christie 8 - Looked very dangerous at RB. Helped Baker a lot
Wood 7 - Strong performance
Edgenguele 6 - Looked a bit sloppy at times
Adams 7 - Strong performance. Got high hopes for this lad
Baker 9 - Easily our best player. Loved when he tricked his way out of being cornered by 3 Sheffield players. #⃣ SkillSchool
Jennings 9 - Bossed the midfield, responsible for the goal
Bailey 7 - Strong performance but nothing special
Moussa 7 - Had potential to be better but was decent allround
McSheffery 6 - Looked a bit dodgy at the start but got better as the game went on
McGoldrick 6 - Nothing to shout about for Goldie

Last edited:

covcity4life

Murphy 9 - Should have done better when we conceded. Needed to parry it away rather than towards a striker. Maybe we should give Dunn a try
Baker 9 - Easily our best player. Loved when he tricked his way out of being cornered by 3 Sheffield players. #⃣ SkillSchool
McSheffery 6 - Looked a bit dodgy at the start but got better as the game went on

yet you gave him a 9? why would yopu contemplate changing keeper when he just got a 9 in your opinion?

the mind boggles

alot of your otgher ratings make me think you didnt go to the game i must say, jennings was awful first half,no bossing what so ever.

Last edited:
yet you gave him a 9? why would yopu contemplate changing keeper when he just got a 9 in your opinion?

the mind boggles

alot of your otgher ratings make me think you didnt go to the game i must say, jennings was awful first half,no bossing what so ever.

meant to give him a 4. and the ratings are my opinion. and i missed the first 10 mins cus of the calamity outside

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Murphy 4 - Should have done better when we conceded. Needed to parry it away rather than towards a striker. Maybe we should give Dunn a try

Nothing wrong with Murphy, if it ain't broke don't fix it

covcity4life

lol thats a tad harsh hehe

id say 6 personally. he did make a good save first half and caught the ball well all game

his achillies heel is giving up rebounds though and hopefully he works on improving that.

Otis

the mind boggles

Jennings was truly awful first half. Shocking performance. He was much better second 45 mins though.

stupot07

Baker was also nowhere near a 9, in fact none of our players were anywhere near a 9. It was an average performance.

Jennings was so poor first half.....

LastGarrison

Murphy 7

Christie 6
Wood 8
Edjenguele 7
Adams 8

Baker 8
Bailey 7
Jennings 6
Moussa 7

McSheffrey 6
McGoldrick 6

Thought they all had a solid game although Sheffers was sloppy in places and some of his set pieces were poor.

Wood and the Edge looked a good defensive partnership and really liked Adams who looked confident both at the back and pushing on but was just not found by his team mates when getting into some great positions.

McGoldrick had a quiet game and missed a sitter but did work his socks off and was constantly closing down their centre backs. Bailey was comfortable on the ball and Moussa had a good game and when he went off and was replaced by Fleck it took something away from the team.

Baker did very well and just nicked MOM for me and the way he skinned their player in the second half was class.

fernandopartridge

Murphy 7

Christie 6
Wood 8
Edjenguele 7
Adams 8

Baker 8
Bailey 7
Jennings 6
Moussa 7

McSheffrey 6
McGoldrick 6

Thought they all had a solid game although Sheffers was sloppy in places and some of his set pieces were poor.

Wood and the Edge looked a good defensive partnership and really liked Adams who looked confident both at the back and pushing on but was just not found by his team mates when getting into some great positions.

McGoldrick had a quiet game and missed a sitter but did work his socks off and was constantly closing down their centre backs. Bailey was comfortable on the ball and Moussa had a good game and when he went off and was replaced by Fleck it took something away from the team.

Baker did very well and just nicked MOM for me and the way he skinned their player in the second half was class.

Fair play for doing the player ratings based on listening to CWR mate

ncfcfan

Murphy - 6 - at fault for the goal. No denying it. But decent everywhere else
Christie - 7 - excellent attacking threat and was also tight defensively
Wood - 6.5 - fair game
Edjenguele - 7 - solid as a rock
Adams - 7 - exellent attacking threat and like christie was tight at the back

Baker - 7 - no complaints, just wish he'd get the ball in the box more
Bailey - 7 - did well, didnt stand out though. Almost got caught in possession a number of times but just about did enough
Jennings - 5 - Really really poor game. Lose passing, poor tackling, poor marking.
Moussa - 8 - MOM starting to become a pleasure to watch. Attacks at pace, caused Sheffield problems all night. Seems hes 2 or 3 passes ahead of everyone else

Mcsheffrey - 6.5 - Average. Had a good game on saturday so probably tired. good pen.
Mcgolderick - 6.5 - Didn't really do anything of note apart from miss a sitter.

Also noticed cody wasn't on the bench last night? WOW.

Last edited:

LastGarrison

Fair play for doing the player ratings based on listening to CWR mate

I actually got off my fat arse and went up there for once. Although after the first 10 minutes I was kind of thinking why I didn't just blank it and go the Devon.

Shocking how few people I knew up there, seems like loads of people have knocked it on the head.

If we get Bury in the next round you might even make one! ;)

SkyBlueCharlie

I've found it quite interesting sitting in a different stand and having a different view of the game for the two cup matches. (Normally sit in the CT stand). One thing that has stood out for me is how slow MacSheff is now, not just physically (that's to be expected I suppose) but also mentally. He often seems to be unaware of what is happening around him and reacts too slowly to passes, other players runs etc. I've been a big fan of his in the past but I feel that now is the time to go. Never thought I'd say this but I think ROD, based on Saturday's performance, would have had much more of an impact last night. Also surprised to see Moussa subbed at a critical point, he was easily our most effective mid-fielder and in my opinion, we lost our way once he went.

fernandopartridge

I actually got off my fat arse and went up there for once. Although after the first 10 minutes I was kind of thinking why I didn't just blank it and go the Devon.

Shocking how few people I knew up there, seems like loads of people have knocked it on the head.

If we get Bury in the next round you might even make one! ;)

Ha ha, B went as well, proper bandwagon jumping turnout.

For many fans, like Snoz off here, it was their first time at the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread