Player ratings v Leicester (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

honestly how are you and others giving godden a lower rating than simms, i can’t recall simms holding the ball up once let alone having a run at the defenders, godden held the ball up and linked play, there was no shock that him and wright linked up and almost scored. says a lot.
I think people are giving Sims a higher rating than Godden because they perceived that he played better.

I think the majority see it that way. That’s how it works.

Grendel

Palmer 5
Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
warning star trek GIF by Anthony Antonellis

Hertsccfc

An encouraging performance all round, unlucky to lose. There will be loads of entertainment this season.

Wilson 8 – can’t fault him for anything
Eccles 7 – barely mentioned by people in the pre-season discussions, but versatile and a key part of the squad
Thomas 8 – looks a superb signing, but beaten in the air by a midfielder, and did that annoying “hands behind the back” thing for their winner instead of rushing out to the man
McFadzean 7 – the usual excellence plus a goal
Latibeaudiere 7 – another good signing
Da Silva 7 – looks a good footballer
Sheaf 6 - not his best game
Hamer 7 – some great stuff as usual, but he does give the ball away a fair bit without people seeming to notice
Palmer 7 – not much worked for him early on, but he’s so classy
Godden 5 – reasonable in his general play, but you can’t fluff three clear chances
Simms 6 – very disappointing at times but I think he has the ability to come good

van Ewijk 5 – hopefully not yet match fit
Sakamoto 7 – a live wire
Wright 8 – I love him already, so many attributes
Kelly 6 – not sure what crimes he was supposed to be guilty of today
Harsh on Godden but agree with most of that.

steve101

At least Godden had two of his shots on target and movement was excellent. Simms was truly awful first half. Passing, touch and decision making were nowhere near the standard. He was better second half but not impressed so far.

Grendel

Wilson 6

Did ok, couple of good saves and some smart distribution. Conceded 2 so gets a 6.

Fadz 8

Plus 1 for goal and marshalling defence.

Thomas 8

I thought he did well and has slotted in with the team quickly.

Lati. 7

Same as above. We have the makings of a solid back 3.

Eccles 7

Didn’t see him as our first choice RWB and worried that it was a bad call. I still see him as a youth player in the team because our squad is so thin, but to be fair today did pretty well.

Dasilva 8

I thought he showed purpose and control. Solid championship player.

Hamer 8

He’s just a level above now isn’t he?

Sheaf 5

Not a “boo boy” thing. Last couple of seasons he’s come on a lot. Today he was caught out of kilter a few times and made silly fouls in dangerous positions. Passing wasn’t too good. Just not his best game.

Palmer 7

His close play is excellent and has the ability to use both feet well. When he looks to have got into trouble his quick feet get him out. Tiring towards the end - needed to come off sooner.

Sims 6

Tried to play as Gyok but not quite there. Not a bad game and surprisingly subbed.

Godden 4

Missed 3 chances that he is paid to put away. His role is poacher, not target man or tricky runner. From that point of view, he cost us 3 points. There are always virtue-signalling “white knight” posters that want to make themselves look like good people by sticking up for players. Today Godden was poor. That’s it.

Subs

Van Ewjyk 5

Tried too hard to impress and made the wrong decision a few times. I’m sure he’ll come good though.

Wright 7

Showed some promise. Needs to start next game.

Kelly 7

Older pros are often ok in the CDM position where they don’t have to run as much as read the game. Kelly is getting on but could be the next M Doyle and I thought he did ok. Haven’t looked back at the goals but if he was sluggish to get back then that’s a shame but on the face of it not a bad sub cameo.

Tata 6

Not enough time to assess.

Robins 5

Cmon man. What was the thinking in taking a 22 year old fit striker off and leaving at 32 year old on? Why not get both strikers off and put Kelly in to sit deep and the fresh legs of Wright on?

Poor choices cost the points.

Sheaf 5 lol

stupot07

5 is probably harsh. 6.

He was poor first half an hour, then played well for about 30 mins either side of half time, and then tired. The frustrating thing about him today was the simple passes he got wrong. He was also often the most furthest forward of all our players leaving massive hole in midfield for sheaf and Hamer to plug.

I only gave him a 5 as I felt our front 3 misfired and so judged them equally.

Have now amended it to a 6.

Grendel

5 is probably harsh. 6.

He was poor first half an hour, then played well for about 30 mins either side of half time, and then tired. The frustrating thing about him today was the simple passes he got wrong. He was also often the most furthest forward of all our players leaving massive hole in midfield for sheaf and Hamer to plug.

No I agree just think it’s funny how some players can get an 8 when they make frequent errors - 6 is about right - the gap has to be addressed - when Hamer went off we had only sheaf in midfield. For the first goal he’s then dragged carries to and cover the left. It has to be addressed when Hamer isn’t playing

mmttww

Wilson 6
Didn't have to do much. Looked fine.

Thomas 8
He gets a 9 if KDH doesn't out jump him.

Fadz 8
Don't remember him doing anything bad.

Latibeaudiere 7
Hard for him at LCB, but looked v.good.

Eccles 8
Had his man in his pocket. Played great.

Da Silva 7
Looks a good signing. Glad he's here.

Hamer 8
Like at Wembley, he stays on, we win.

Sheaf 7
Felt he faded 2nd half. Big year for him.

Palmer 7
Lost the ball too often, esp. at the end.

Godden 7
Worked his arse off. One awful scuff.

Simms 6
A 7 in the 2nd half. He'll get goals for us.

Kelly 6
If we want autos, we need an upgrade.

Wright 7
Looked seriously promising. Will be fun.

MvE 5
Didn't get up to speed. Glad he didn't start.

Sakamoto 6
Didn't get much time to make an impact.

Robins 7
Eccles starting was a good call. Him instead of Kelly in the middle and I think we win or draw.

Last edited:

procdoc

Wilson 7
Eccles 6
Dasilva 7
Thomas 8
Fadz 8
Lati 7
Sheaf 6
Hamer 8
Palmer 7
Godden 5
Simms 6

Wright 7
van Ewijk 5
Kelly 5
Sakamoto N/A

AiS86

I'm in the Godden was better than Simms camp. He probably should've done better, but the fact he's getting the chances is no bad thing for a forward, also two were on his weaker foot, one a good save. Simms killed off a fair few moves and had the clearest cut chance of the game but rushed a hollywood finish

CCFCSteve

No I agree just think it’s funny how some players can get an 8 when they make frequent errors - 6 is about right - the gap has to be addressed - when Hamer went off we had only sheaf in midfield. For the first goal he’s then dragged carries to and cover the left. It has to be addressed when Hamer isn’t playing

I like Kelly but you can’t play him and sheaf in midfield two. Neither get around pitch quickly enough. Presume Eccles was tired otherwise I’d have drop him inside if hamer was coming off

Hertsccfc

I like Kelly but you can’t play him and sheaf in midfield two. Neither get around pitch quickly enough. Presume Eccles was tired otherwise I’d have drop him inside if hamer was coming off
Yes Sheaf and Kelly doesn't work at all. Wrexham showed that, although we also had Waghorn and Tavares up front that day! Assume Eccles was tired as otherwise he should have moved into hhe middle.

SBT

Wilson 7 Good shot-stopping, less good distribution, who could have predicted this

Eccles 7 One of the best academy players we’ve ever had
Thomas 7 Slipped for their first goal but otherwise encouraging
McFadzean 7 Still defying the years, thank god
Latibeaudiere 7 Very composed on his wrong side
Dasilva 7 Fantastic technical ability, looks like he could be a real outlet for us

Sheaf 7 Did fine
Hamer 7 MOTM Slow to start but once he got going showed why he is a match-winner at this level
Palmer 6 Slightly harsh but under-delivered given the space he was afforded. He has the talent and ideas to be a good player, but that’s been true for many years

Simms 7 Quick, physical and always wanting the ball, rusty finishing but will do well this year
Godden 6 Obviously should have scored, you have to wonder if such a streaky player will cope with being third choice

Kelly 6 In an ideal world he’s not coming on when we did
Van Ewijk 5 Presumably/hopefully not match fit yet
Wright 7 His pace and strength will serve him well in this division, very encouraging start
Sakamoto 6 Looks dangerous attacking full backs, can/should we adjust our tactics accordingly?

All in all, very few bad performances in one of the hardest games we’ll have all season, which couldn’t have come at a trickier time. If/when we get our best players up to speed and full fitness, we will be good enough to win any game in this division.

Perryccfc

Wilson 7
Eccles 7
Thomas 8.5
Fadz 9
Lati 8
Da Silva 6
Sheaf 6
Hamer 9 MOM
Palmer 8
Simms 6
Godden 6

Wright 7
Van E 5
Kelly 6
Saka N/A

DannyThomas_1981

Ratings are fairer than I expected.

Simms and Wright will be a nightmare for defences when paired together. You can see that Simms has the attributes so anyone on here trying to make him this season’s boo boy can fuck right off.

Eccles grew into the game but I’d prefer not to see him at RWB.

Sakomota looks class.

I didn’t enjoy the arrogance of the Leicester players in the post match interviews ‘we controlled the game etc.’

We threw it away today by not taking our chances.

fatso

I'm in the Godden was better than Simms camp. He probably should've done better, but the fact he's getting the chances is no bad thing for a forward, also two were on his weaker foot, one a good save. Simms killed off a fair few moves and had the clearest cut chance of the game but rushed a hollywood finish
I would say better, I'd say less worse 😁

Truth is both were very poor today, we had more than enough chances to win today and its frustrating to come away with nothing.

I think we were looking tired before they equalised, and Hamer and Eccles going off didn't help us.
Personally I'd of taken Simms and Godden off and put Wright on up front on his own and played Sakomoto as an extra midfielder.
(Easy with hindsight)

covmark

Wilson 6
Didn't have to do much. Looked fine.

Thomas 8
He gets a 9 if KDH doesn't out jump him.

Fadz 8
Don't remember him doing anything bad.

Latibeaudiere 7
Hard for him at LCB, but looked v.good.

Eccles 8
Had his man in his pocket. Played great.

Da Silva 7
Looks a good signing. Glad he's here.

Hamer 8
Like at Wembley, he stays on, we win.

Sheaf 7
Felt he faded 2nd half. Big year for him.

Palmer 7
Lost the ball too often, esp. at the end.

Godden 7
Worked his arse off. One awful scuff.

Simms 6
A 7 in the 2nd half. He'll get goals for us.

Kelly 6
If we want autos, we need an upgrade.

Wright 7
Looked seriously promising. Will be fun.

MvE 5
Didn't get up to speed. Glad he didn't start.

Sakamoto 6
Didn't get much time to make an impact.

Robins 7
Eccles starting was a good call. Him instead of Kelly in the middle and I think we win or draw.
This, but I'd swap the marks of Godden and Simms.

Warwickhunt

MR should have moved Eccles into the middle when he took of Hamer, I was pleasantly surprised how steady Eccles was at RWB, Wright looks a decent unit and really surprised by how quick he is. That miss by Simms was poor the one time he had the space to control the ball he tried to bust the net and hit the bloody corner flag, Saka looks good on the ball

Ashdown

Wilson 7
Fadz 7
Thomas 8
Latí 7
DaSilva 8
Sheaf 5
Hamer 8
Eccles 7
Palmer 7
Godden 6
Simms 5
Wright 7
Ewijk 5
Kelly 6
MOM for me, Close but probably Thomas

torchomatic

Thomas my MOTM. Felt for Simms, basically getting stagged off by loads around because he's not Gyokeres.

How Godden stayed on the pitch is a mystery.

Wright looked good as did all the new players.

Oh, and never park in Morrisons, took 50 mins to get out.

Ashdown

Thomas my MOTM. Felt for Simms, basically getting stagged off by loads around because he's not Gyokeres.

How Godden stayed on the pitch is a mystery.

Wright looked good as did all the new players.

Oh, and never park in Morrisons, took 50 mins to get out.
There was always the danger of comparisons . Vik was superb for us Simms has a lot to live up to. I’m still quite sad he’s gone.

Londonccfcfan

Shows how far we come. We leave disappointed we didnt win.

Really impressed how we played, Excited by the new centre backs.

Wilson 8
Da silva 7.5
Lats 7.5
Mcfadz 7.5
Thomas 8
Eccles 7
Sheaf 6
Hamer 7
Palmer 7.5
Simms 6
Godden 6

Think Godden/Simms were profligate. Other than that they dud contribute and link up well and held it up well.

On another day we put away our chances win this.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson - 6.5 Was solid on the whole. Looked ok with his hands and feet
Dasilva - 6.5 Did both his defensive and attacking duties well enough without looking amazing
Eccles - 6.5 Out of position and was targeted early on but stood up to the challenge well, with cover from Thomas
Thomas 7.5 Looked good overall bar their first goal.
Fadz - 7.5. Good header for the goal and usual steady shelf marshalling the defence
Lati - 7. Another who look decent if not standing out.
Sheaf - 6.5. Can play better but did his job
Hamer - 7. Heartbeat of the team and we missed him when he went off even though he wasn't quite as his mercurial best.
Palmer - 6.5. Put a shift in but tired as usual. Not quite got the link-up with the forwards yet.
Godden - 5. Maybe I have lower expectations for him, but he did ok, but missed a couple of opportunities.
Simms - 5. Looked a bit cumbersome at times and his control and passing was way off, but there are aspects there that could be a real handful for defences once he settles in.

Kelly - 5.5. Came on to help see the game out defensively and we didn't
MVE - 5.5. Played much higher than Eccles which disrupted us, but could be a huge asset when he's bedded in.
Wright - 7. Looks pacy and exciting and will cause problems. Has that knack of keeping the ball even when he doesn't look in control of it.
Sakamoto - 6. Brief cameo and didn't see enough to really get any impression. Could be exciting, could be a bit of a luxury.

Users who are viewing this thread