Player ratings vs Brighton (1 Viewer)

Adge

Bloke on the phone in said we should ha e played biamou from the off and if we used Haynes in the first half as we did in the second we’d have at least drawn - not joking
My God.

JWC

Wow, everyone is on a right downer. I thought we played well and we should be proud of the team considering the obvious gulf in class.

Particularly harsh on Haynes too, he was left alone against one of their best players for most of the first half. Barrett was nowhere. I thought he had a pretty good game considering.

Clarke Harris was my MOTM, he really stood out.

Londonccfcfan

Wow, everyone is on a right downer. I thought we played well and we should be proud of the team considering the obvious gulf in class.

Particularly harsh on Haynes too, he was left alone against one of their best players for most of the first half. Barrett was nowhere. I thought he had a pretty good game considering.

Lol yes obviously I’m not sure most on here realise that it was Anthony knockhaert on their right (championship player of the year last year their best player) he does that to most premiership left backs on a weekly basis. Worth about 30/40 million. Yes Barrat was at fault, but you cannot blame him as the lad is only just starting his first games of men’s football.

Londonccfcfan

I’m staggered by some of the ratings. The same fans that sang the managers name and gave fans a 5 min standing ovation at the end.

Lol

SlowerThanPlatt

Lol yes obviously I’m not sure most on here realise that it was Anthony knockhaert on their right (championship player of the year last year their best player) he does that to most premiership left backs on a weekly basis. Worth about 30/40 million. Yes Barrat was at fault, but you cannot blame him as the lad is only just starting his first games of men’s football.

He’s a good player but not worth near £30m. Maybe half that at a push

[Albion] So FED UP with Knockaert

Londonccfcfan

He’s a good player but not worth near £30m. Maybe half that at a push

[Albion] So FED UP with Knockaert
Typical forum. One minute championship player of the season their best player by a mile And then next zero.

I’d suggest any player who has won championship player of the year last year would be worth more than 10-15 million in this inflated market. Even in the championship.

stevefloyd

Who? Ohh you mean some mythical thing that persuades people to give their hard earned money to people, now how should I say hmmm who have sometimes been known to not strictly follow the laws of the land also known as BBC gate

Adge

Who? Ohh you mean some mythical thing that persuades people to give their hard earned money to people, now how should I say hmmm who have sometimes been known to not strictly follow the laws of the land also known as BBC gate
?

SkyBlueRuffian

Haynes looked lost to me, no closing down or awareness of the players around him. He needs to learn the art of defending quick.

Covstu

Burge 6 not much he could have done for the goals
Grimmer 6 not fit but played well despite a constant onslaught all game
Hyam 5.5 - not terrible but the back two struggled all game to cope with their attack
Willis 5.5. - can’t believe how small he looked against their attack! Played better at right back
Haynes 5.5 - torrid time but not supported by Barrett all game so basically had two to contend with
Kelly 6 - played as best as he could have
Shipley 6 - decent game and grew into it
Bayliss 6. - another decent performance
Barrett 4 - looked out of his depth and not fit. Needs to lose a stone!
McNulty 6. - huffed and puffed all game butnfed on scraps
Clarke Harris 7.5 - little service but kept going, nice goal

Ponti 6 - worked hard but too late to make an impact
Biamou 6 - come on when we started playing well, the usual workman performance but again lacking goals
McDonald 5.5 - better option that hyam long term but needed more protection

Covstu

Haynes looked lost to me, no closing down or awareness of the players around him. He needs to learn the art of defending quick.
I just think he had two players to content with all game with little protection from Barrett which left him exposed. Don’t blame him for that at all

Reactions: JWC

Covstu

Personally, I think his introduction changed the game for us. Should of come on for Barrett at half time tbf.
Injected pace and directness which we lacked completely until he came on.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Agree sort of but they took the foot off the gas when they went 3 up

JWC

I just think he had two players to content with all game with little protection from Barrett which left him exposed. Don’t blame him for that at all

Agree with this. Brighton created loads of space by their wingers playing as wide as possible. I imagine that’s difficult for even a premiership full back to deal with, especially up against two players when help was minimal.

I don’t even really blame Barrett, I just don’t think he’s anywhere near ready for the level he’s playing at. Baffling how he gets in the team really.

wal3590

Baffled he even gets there, that standard must be shite if he bosses it with his fitness levels.

Still no idea why he isn't given extra fitness to do. There's no point him going for the strength approach when he hides from a tackle, so he needs to go for the small and pacey approach.
Think we are being a bit harsh. Everyone was quick to jump on Mcnulty's back and then ended up biting people on the arse. Barrett has played very few mins in competitive football. I do think he will come good.

JWC

Watch the Brighton goals again and tell me that he couldn’t have done any better.

There's one part where he clearly gets caught on his heels and his man beats him for pace easily, but other than that I thought he did well. Willis and Hyam get beaten easily for the two headed goals and they seem to be less of a target, which is a bit strange.

pastythegreat

Watch the Brighton goals again and tell me that he couldn’t have done any better.
I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals. 2 were headers which Hyam and Willis were both beaten to, and the other was a scuffed cross which evaded every defender and luckily landed at the feet of the person it needed to find

eastwoodsdustman

I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals. 2 were headers which Hyam and Willis were both beaten to, and the other was a scuffed cross which evaded every defender and luckily landed at the feet of the person it needed to find

The cross looked like it got a slight deflection off Haynes which wrong footed Hyam for their first. I felt sorry for Haynes as he was left out to dry a lot by Barrett's lack of awareness when Brighton pushed their full backs on. Still don't think he's the answer defensively at left back though.

fernandopartridge

There's one part where he clearly gets caught on his heels and his man beats him for pace easily, but other than that I thought he did well. Willis and Hyam get beaten easily for the two headed goals and they seem to be less of a target, which is a bit strange.
Hyam was dreadful

Users who are viewing this thread