Player Ratings Vs Bury (1 Viewer)

Blinxs

Truly was a game of two halves but thought it was the penalty that was our main downfall (oh and Brown:facepalm:). Without the pen i dont think Bury would have scored 2 and therefore even though we were poor in the second half i think we would have held on. Anyway this is how i thought the players performed

Murphy - 5 - didn't have much to do, was good at claiming crosses but possibly could have done better with their second goal?

Brown - 3 - Mostly awful and at fault for second goal as made no attempt to head the cross when it came his way. Poor control meant losing possession alot but did have a few decent runs forward.

Hussey - 6 - Thought he did ok on the left, defended well (can't remember many of their attacks going down their right?) and was ok going forward although still a bit of hesitation to beat the man and also inconsistent crossing.

Wood - 6 - Commanded the defence well until he lost the plot for a split second and conceded the penalty. Really changed the game and seemed to struggle afterwards although still made some crucial headers (without the penalty i would say 7)

Jennings - 7.5 - Again looked quality breaking up the play especially in the first half although did struggle a bit in the second although was unlucky when we tried to make a couple of late breaks and most of his passing was accurate (thought he was better than a 7 but not quite an eight)

Kilbane - 7 - like most of the team, i thought he played really well in the first half, leading by example with some forward charges but again like others he seemed to disappear in the second half. covered well for hussey when he went forward.

Barton - 8 - First half was great (playing lots of good passes and his goal was quality. think struggled in the second half as tempo had dropped and had to cover for brown a bit but still had a few good runs.

Baker - 7 - nice pass for barton and good freekick but still seems to lack confidence when being pressed. Didnt really show up for second half. (Sheffers - 6 - didnt have loads of time to influence the game but had a good shot that was saved)

Mcdonald - 6 - initially seemed to be really up for it and was unlucky not to score in first half but seemed to lose interest as game wore on, probably as midfield was struggling. (Ball - 5 - other than trying to get up for headers from long balls at the end, can't remember him doing much)

Elliot - 6 - good work rate again but didnt have many chances (if any). Think him and Mcdonald are good together up front but need low crosses from the wings rather than having to try to out jump 6ft+ defenders all the time

Otis

1st half

Murphy - 10

Brown - 10

Hussey - 10

Wood - 10

Malaga - 10

Jennings 10

Kilbane - 10

Barton - 10

Baker - 10

Mcdonald - 10

Elliot - 10

2nd half

Murphy - 0

Brown - 0

Hussey - 0

Wood - 0

Malaga - 0

Jennings - 0

Kilbane - 0

Barton - 0

Baker - 0

McDonald - 0

Elliot - 0

Actually thinking about it, Brown was pretty much a zero in the first half too.

Marty

Murphy - 6
Brown - 5
Hussey - 6
Wood - 6
Malaga - 6
Jennings 7
Kilbane - 5
Barton - 8 - MOTM
Baker - 7
McDonald - 7
Elliot - 7

Sutty

Murphy - 6
Brown - 4
Hussey - 6
Wood - 5 for sheer stupidity
Malaga - 6
Jennings - 7
Barton - 7
Kilbane - 6
Baker - 8
Cody - 7
Elliott - 7

McSheffrey - 6
Ball - 5

Blinxs

Thanks Stupot ;)

Malaga - 5 - kept winning headers (other than for their goal) but most of the time he headed up rather than away (as happened before wood conceded the penalty). Also seems to struggle with positions as is often backtracking and trying to keep up with the striker who has got the wrong side of him.

pusbccfc

Baker MOM, assist and a goal. Finally what he's being trying to do for years, his one touch passing came off. Admittedly he flew 2 shots over, but at least he's giving it a go.

Barton was good, great on the ball, nice couple of chops! Still no Norwood.

Jennings, again looks class, great on the turn.

Cody/Elliott both looked dangerous in the first half. Both quick. Cody was unlucky not to score to score though.

ClarrieB

Baker MOM, assist and a goal. Finally what he's being trying to do for years, his one touch passing came off. Admittedly he flew 2 shots over, but at least he's giving it a go.

Cody/Elliott both looked dangerous in the first half. Both quick. Cody was unlucky not to score to score though.

Que Sera, Sera

georgehudson

Murphy 5. blamer extraordinaire,
Brown 2.5, inept
Hussey 3.5, confidence shot
Wood 5.5, worried about others
Malaga 6, not yet aware enough,
Jennings 7, needs support
Barton 6.5, good goal & ?
Kilbane 4, problems withe the legs,
Baker 6, could be v.good,
Mc Donald 5.5, should have,
Elliott 5.5, needs a big man,
Ball 4. needs time,
Thorn 4, hampered,
Shaw 4.5, frustrated,
Ball boys, 6, gave it a go,
Linnell 2, apologist & bigot,
Sisu 0.5, oxygen stealers,

ccfcdan

Murphy - 6. Should of came out and claimed the ball before Wood conceded the pen.
Brown - 4. Generally poor, couldn't control the ball and caught out of position
Hussey - 6. Pretty steady game
Wood. - 6. Soild, made an error for the penalty
Malaga - 5. Looked dodgy at times. Needs to adjust to the english game.
Jennings 7. Helped out the defence and was calm on the ball. Looks like he could be a key player.
Barton - 8. Composed on the ball, good range of passing and high energy. Great goalm. MOM
Baker - 6. Good freekick for the goal, fluffed a few other chances, and easily knocked off the ball
Kilbane -6. A few decent touches, but game seemed to pass him by.
McDonald 6. Full of energy and caused problems, faded as game progressed.
Elliott. 6. Seemed to be doing a lot of the donkey work for Mcdonald, closed down and ran the channels. No goal threat though.

stupot07

Murphy - 6 - was partially at fault for the first goal, and he doesn't release the ball quick enough

Brown - 3 - I really can't believe he's come from united. Supposed to be a utility player and before someone mentions he was playing out of position it is inability to do the basics (I.e. pass the ball in a straight line) that is the most frustrating thing. We have to remember he is only 19, but to me is a strange signing, when Christie, Cameron, thomas and Clarke are fit he'd be 3rd choice RB, 4th choice CB and 4th choice DCM for me
Malaga - 5 - mixed bag
Wood - 5 - the penalty cost us he win today, stupid tackle, was never gonna get the ball.
Hussey - 6 - steady game but how many times did he run in to the oppositions player when he was trying to take them on?

Jennings - 6.5 - played reall well first half but having the roles of sheilding the back 4 has to take his share of the blame for the dropped points. Needs to release the ball quicker, and switch play more often.
Barton - 7 - played really well first half, and carried the ball well, unbelievable tekkers for the goal
Kilbane - 6.5 - much better performance in the first half but game passed him by in the second half
Baker - 7 - MOTM goal and assist, always looking to get on the ball and make things happen

Cody - 5 - worked hard, but should have buried the chance he made for himself - that's 4 great chances his missed this season, He needs to stop wasting clear cut chances.
Elliott - 6 - worked hard, did a lot of cody's donkey work but should have buried that second half free header at the back post - again ou can't afford to waste good chances like that.

Subs.
Sheffers - 6 - looked bright, tried to make things happen, made a great chance for himself but again should have buried it.

Ball -1- garbage

guicey15

How on earth can you give Baker an assist for that, it was quite possibly the simplest pass I have ever seen and he didn't even play it that well! Entirely created by Barton himself, yes it will be classed as an assist but it was all Barton. How you can constitute that simple pass as going towards a man of the match performance is beyond me.

Sutty

How on earth can you give Baker an assist for that, it was quite possibly the simplest pass I have ever seen and he didn't even play it that well! Entirely created by Barton himself, yes it will be classed as an assist but it was all Barton. How you can constitute that simple pass as going towards a man of the match performance is beyond me.

True, but Baker, Cody and Elliott deserve a lot of credit for the pressing work that resulted in Bury giving the ball away.

skybluegod

only one's of not to do are:

Brown-3 awful maybe the worst defender i have seen i accept he's young but i dont think he will be as good as his brother.
baker-6 decent first half decent goal, did jack all second
barton-8 motm great goal seems a good signing made great runs and had good ball control and dribbling
jennings-6 good tackling and passing
kilbane 6.5 good leader told baker where to hit free kick and did the basics right and was cool and a good signing
cody-6 unlucky with shot when through and probably the most unlucky player i have seen.

dongonzalos

So did not stand out as shocking enough to be booted out to never play again. Reece Brown got a few more games after this did he not?

Nonleagueherewecome

stupot07

I assumed you bumped this to illustrate that he was equal to if not better than Wood?

No bumped it just to remind people that Malaga wasn't the Baresi some seem to remember. 4 managers have ignored him as an option....but us fans know better based on 2 appearances.

dongonzalos

No bumped it just to remind people that Malaga wasn't the Baresi some seem to remember. 4 managers have ignored him as an option....but us fans know better based on 2 appearances.

Remind me who was Barasi in the Bury match.

What you managed to do was show Malaga was no worse than anyone else in this match yet was bombed out.

On the other thread you showed that apart from the odd person the majority thought Malaga had a good game.

Cheers

Grendel

What you managed to do was show Malaga was no worse than anyone else in this match yet was bombed out.

On the other thread you showed that apart from the odd person the majority thought Malaga had a good game.

Cheers

Didn't have a stormer on his debut either did he?

stupot07

Cheers

Why did Shaw, robins, Carsley and Pressley all ignore him as an option? In fact he was even on the envy for the u21's the other week.

Users who are viewing this thread