Player Ratings (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Palmers stupid flick ons to Godden were absolutely ridiculous. Never getting on to any of them even if he did have a bit of pace. Such a frustrating player as he is obviously talented, but decision making is sooo so poor.

Godden was also just on a different wavelength to the rest of the team today. Multiple times he went short and they went long or visa versa. It took him about half an hour to have more than one touch at a time, his first two or three he literally put it out with his first touch. Palmer was poor but I wouldn’t use Godden not getting on things or reading balls as proof. One of the worst striking performances I’ve seen since Kevin Kyle left the club.

nicksar

He’s like the nice kid you use as filler in your seating plan. He gets games because others need the rest and he can fill in all over. Also he’s clearly rated by the management team and has been picked as captain which suggests he’s important in the dressing room. The witch hunt against him is just weird.
Adi Viveash really rates him because his versatility enables system changes during a game.
Such a difficult game mentally and physically for all the players against Hull after the disappointment and exertions on Sunday.

shmmeee

Adi Viveash really rates him because his versatility enables system changes during a game.
Such a difficult game mentally and physically for all the players against Hull after the disappointment and exertions on Sunday.

And we still should have won! Gifted them two goals and a pen that never should have been a pen.

messiahrobins

Think dasilva did well.
Collins and Thomas shocking
Great goal from Palmer but shocking
Godden should have played his last game
Collins 2
Latabadieure 4
Thomas 3
Binks 6
Bidwell 6
Kelly 6
Sheaf 6
Da Silva 7
Palmer 7 (great free kick adds 2)
Eccles 8 (considering out of position get an extra point)
Godden 5

Subs:
Wright 7
Simms 6
MVE 6
Kitching 5
Allen 6

rexo87

Godden really is finished anywhere near this level. Was like playing with 10 men first half.

Better side second half and but for Thomas’ legs going and our useless keeper we’d have at least got a well deserved point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covboy9

Collins 3 hopeless
Lati 4 rubbish
Bidwell 6 hooked
Thomas 7 gave all he had
Binks 7 decent
Kelly 6 old
Sheaf 7 calm
Eccles 6 winger🤷🏻‍♂️
JDS 7 improved
Palmer 5 flatters to decieve
Godden 5 isolated

Simms 6 effort
Wright 6 wasteful
Kitching 5
Mve 5
Allen welcome back

Played ok but comical goals conceded, lads did their best

keeper now a priority, Collins is shit, proper shit worse than Wilson

Otis

If that's the case makes it even weirder how he's been picked all the time while others are rotated, even to the point where he's having a mare and instead someone else is subbed off and Lati moved to a different position.
It's not weird if he's a utility player, surely?

He can slot in (not saying he excels in any of them) in a number of positions.

Makes sense doesn't it? Same reason Eccles is sometimes moved to right back, even if he had a poor game the previous one in midfield.

djr8369

Not going to rate everyone but a few comments, Collins made two terrible errors that led to goals but one was a wet ball that span out of his hands and one was a suicide back pass. It happens.

Palmer was a disappointment, great free kick and one great turn which drew a foul but almost everything else displayed his weaknesses. Either wanted too long on the ball, didn’t meet the ball and it was intercepted, or tried to play some silly style pass when it needed something simple and lost possession, or made the wrong decision. If he can cut those traits out should consistently see the form he has shown at times.

Godden, rusty but was on a hiding to nothing, felt sorry for him.

JDS - one of his best performances.

Sheaf, Thomas, Eccles, little left in the tank after Sunday but did what they could.

Wright and Simms - made a difference with their physicality. Simms has some Gyokeres like moments now, carrying the ball while holding off defenders. Will be a beast next season I suspect. Clapped on as heroes when half the fan base seemed to want rid of them a few months ago.

TomRad85

I wasn't going to call him out as I'd already ripped half the team so thought I'd let him slide but some of the ratings for Eccles in here are mad, seems he was under the radar shit. Passed to a Hull player at every opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Palmer was a disappointment, great free kick and one great turn which drew a foul but almost everything else displayed his weaknesses. Either wanted too long on the ball, didn’t meet the ball and it was intercepted, or tried to play some silly style pass when it needed something simple and lost possession, or made the wrong decision. If he can cut those traits out should consistently see the form he has shown at times.

^ Sums up Palmer perfectly. The trouble is, I don't think he can cut out those traits, they're all part of the Palmer package.

I wrote after the Exeter pre-season game that 'Palmer is so talented but his sloppiness with the easy balls is frustrating' and nothing's changed at the end of another season. I love him as a person and he has ridiculous talent, but he can't be a mainstay of next season's team if we want to go up.

djr8369

^ Sums up Palmer perfectly. The trouble is, I don't think he can cut out those traits, they're all part of the Palmer package.

I wrote after the Exeter pre-season game that 'Palmer is so talented but his sloppiness with the easy balls is frustrating' and nothing's changed at the end of another season. I love him as a person and he has ridiculous talent, but he can't be a mainstay of next season's team if we want to go up.
On the one hand it’s decision making and needing a bit more desire to get to a ball first. On the other, as you point out, it’s not changed really. It’s frustrating as he has huge talent and is much more of a physical presence than most 10s.

Littlewood CCFC

Seen a few people say they felt sorry for Godden because he was isolated... Simms comes on and was equally isolated but the ball actually sticks when we pass it up to Simms.

Some of Godden's touches 1st half were appalling it just bounces off him out for a throw in everytime. I thought Wright was very good as well when he came on.

Does anyone think Godden has a future at the club? needs to go in the summer IMO along with Allen and Kelly.

torchomatic

It's a shame when players you have cheered week in and week out start to drop in quality. I'm thinking Godden here. The service he got last night was pretty minimal, but when he did have the chance he showed a lack of strength and was knocked off the ball too easily.

Great goal from Palmer, but atrocious last night. I am pretty ambivalent on Collins. I think he would be a good number two and hope we get a new number one next year. I wouldn't be too sad to see Wilson go.

Thomas and Kitchin I think will be immense in years to come. They have shown that already this season, but they've stepped up into a team with a large fan base and expectant. I really like Bobby Thomas.

Jury is still out on Lati. You usually find that the "jack of all trades" kind of player usually isn't great at any of them. Would keep him as a squad player. Also, he's young, so has time to develop.

Someone needs to work on crossing, it was awful last night. Eccles got into two great positions yet blasted the ball so hard across the box that it ended up going out for a throwing on the other side.

Get the season over with now. It's been a success.

SAJ

Collins 3
Lati 6
Thomas 6- he was brilliant until the poor lads legs just went, he was knackered
Binks 7
JDS - 8
Sheaf 8
Eccles 7
Kelly 6
Palmer 2- no free kick can detract from the fact he gave the ball away everytime he got it, utterly atrocious
Bidwell 6
Godden 6

Wright - 8 scared them to death and his all round play was much improved tonight - can’t believe I’m saying this, but probabaly MOTM
Mve - 5
Simms - 7
Allen - 6
Kitching - 6
Palmer had an 83% success pass rate. Hardly giving the ball away every time he got it.

SAJ

Did you go tonight? MVE wasn’t great, but could pass to someone in Skyblue. Eccles was steady eddy and could pass to someone in Skyblue. Even Godden got the ball down a few times and found a teammate.

Palmer has just put in one of the most inept performances I’ve ever witnessed. It was appalling
Perhaps you ought to just change you name to blind. Out of the 4 players you name for better passing only Eccles had a better pass rate. Godden was at 67%

djr8369

Seen a few people say they felt sorry for Godden because he was isolated... Simms comes on and was equally isolated but the ball actually sticks when we pass it up to Simms.

Some of Godden's touches 1st half were appalling it just bounces off him out for a throw in everytime. I thought Wright was very good as well when he came on.

Does anyone think Godden has a future at the club? needs to go in the summer IMO along with Allen and Kelly.
He’s not the player for that job though. Need to build through the midfield then play him in. Even if he had won long balls there was nobody near him to receive the knock down. He was there to work the defence until the subs could come.

shmmeee

He’s not the player for that job though. Need to build through the midfield then play him in. Even if he had won long balls there was nobody near him to receive the knock down. He was there to work the defence until the subs could come.

It didn’t matter yesterday. Godden was just that poor. Touch of a brick wall. Slow. Always in the wrong place. Just a terrible performance all round.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Being fair to Godden(who I admit is past his sell by date with us) the ball was played in the air to him most times all he could do did was win the headers but no support to receive it. More than once he pointed to the player with the ball to pass to an unmarked wide player instead they passed to him and he was tightly marked at the time.You're only as good as what tools you have to work with

Littlewood CCFC

Not the player for what Job? a Championship level striker should be able to trap the ball :oops:

I get the long balls he can't do much with but when its slapped to his feet or thigh it bounces off him every time. We need a better rotation option with Simms if we're going to hit the next level

djr8369

Not the player for what Job? a Championship level striker should be able to trap the ball :oops:

I get the long balls he can't do much with but when its slapped to his feet or thigh it bounces off him every time. We need a better rotation option with Simms if we're going to hit the next level
Long balls battling against defenders. It’s just not going to happen is it? Of course he can trap a ball, we know he can and have seen it, he just didn’t receive much service he could be expected to do anything with.

Littlewood CCFC

Long balls battling against defenders. It’s just not going to happen is it? Of course he can trap a ball, we know he can and have seen it, he just didn’t receive much service he could be expected to do anything with.
Can he!?

Don't know what games you're watching mate!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

This talk about Godden trapping the ball last night.It's only recently that Simms has starting having any control on a ball even now it's not the best but he tends to turn the defender which very often gives him a run on goal.

Users who are viewing this thread