Player Tiredness (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Keep hearing this excuse rolled out, small squad and players tired.

Yet against Maidstone we are cruising but he brings ohare, mve, dasilva and Eccles on.

If players are tired, bring the kids on off the bench as we are well ahead.

Actions don't match the words.

stupot07

Yet against Maidstone we are cruising but he brings ohare, mve, dasilva and Eccles on.

Yep, and the excuse was to "get Preston" out their system. That worked well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Yeah, his lack of subs is astounding.

Even tonight, WBA change half the side. We couldn't even bring on Godden.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, his lack of subs is astounding.

Even tonight, WBA change half the side. We couldn't even bring on Godden.

We sat with 5 at the back and made no changes.

Players will be more tired and others won't be match fit because they are sat on the bench.

Marty

We had an even smaller squad last season and they seemed to cope alright.

larry_david

Few of us saod that on here after the Monday game. It was a chance to give Eccles and mve a full rest and he still brought them on.

Nick

Administrator
We had lusala and Andrews on the bench. Why not put them on when we had the game wrapped up?

Why risk ohare, mve etc?

Can't moan about tiredness and go on about "it's not a computer game" but then do stupid stuff like that.

SBT

Playing a team that strong against Maidstone when the fixtures are piling up like this was ridiculous. Robins shouldn’t have let King, Ipswich or the bedwetters on here convince him that resting key players would be a mistake against such poor opposition.

pusbccfc

We had an even smaller squad last season and they seemed to cope alright.

He used what he had at his disposal though and we didn't have the extra games. We went out at the third round. This season we've had a cup run to deal with.

It's been a year since we beat Huddersfield 4-0. He brought in Dabo and Howley. He even gave Walker and Maguire a decent run out.

It's strange that he was happy to throw Howley into the mix but is petrified of playing Kelly. I've slated Godden at times but it's absolutely mental that he didn't play on Monday or even get a shift tonight.

stupot07

Playing a team that strong against Maidstone when the fixtures are piling up like this was ridiculous. Robins shouldn’t have let King, Ipswich or the bedwetters on here convince him that resting key players would be a mistake against such poor opposition.
Game was won by half time, he could have rested players then.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

I don't think King decided not to throw the kids on at half time Saturday.

He brought on O'Hare, wtf was he thinking?

Nick

Administrator
It wasn't even that, it was the changes made even when the game was won.

Fair enough play a strong team and get a few goals, don't get a few goals and bring more first teamers on and moan about tiredness.

O'Hare missed a game through fatigue the other week, why bring him on at half time in a game we had already won?

Bugsy

Football a funny old game, sometimes it works sometimes it don't lesson learnt

Bugsy

Will it be lesson learnt though?

Yes. Even Robins as said as much in his interview

We move on, never an easy game

Hertsccfc

Do you think Robins is persuaded by anything on here? :ROFLMAO:

This is getting absurd now. Is he changing the team to annoy us or is he taking too much account if what we say on here?

SBT

It wasn't even that, it was the changes made even when the game was won.

Fair enough play a strong team and get a few goals, don't get a few goals and bring more first teamers on and moan about tiredness.

O'Hare missed a game through fatigue the other week, why bring him on at half time in a game we had already won?
Well apparently playing kids was always asking for trouble and Maidstone would have punished us like they punished Ipswich - maybe Robins felt like he didn’t have a choice?

It was a golden chance to rest players and we willingly turned it down so we could run up the score against a sixth tier side. Truly bizarre.

Nick

Administrator
Well apparently playing kids was always asking for trouble and Maidstone would have punished us like they punished Ipswich - maybe Robins felt like he didn’t have a choice?

It was a golden chance to rest players and we willingly turned it down so we could run up the score against a sixth tier side. Truly bizarre.
He had a choice about the subs. Some players could have had a night sat on the bench and rested.

Nick

Administrator
When they bought on another defender it was an opportunity to bring Godden and Fabio on to go all out at the end.
I fail to see the logic in finishing a game were losing with 3 CBs.

"We weren't aggressive enough" were his words.

SBT

He had a choice about the subs. Some players could have had a night sat on the bench and rested.
He had a choice about all of it. He should have given players the night off entirely. For whatever reason he felt compelled to start a side that was arguably stronger than the one we started with tonight - people on here were delighted.

Nick

Administrator
He had a choice about all of it. He should have given players the night off entirely. For whatever reason he felt compelled to start a side that was arguably stronger than the one we started with tonight - people on here were delighted.
I get the logic behind starting strong and taking the lead. However you then make changes when the game is won.

long way home

Players need to push through and play as many games as they can. We need to stick to a shape and a side and fight for every point. 11 games to go, no point in holding back or giving them an excuse to look to others to get these points.

Take responsibility, take the opportunity and finish strong. If its short so be it, but going out with a whimper because we cant be bothered is not a good grounding for next season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes. Even Robins as said as much in his interview

We move on, never an easy game
But he does have a habit of seemingly saying the right stuff post-match but then just doing the same thing in future.

Obviously he does eventually change things but it seems to take a lot longer for him to be willing to try them. And in-between we're dropping points that arguably shouldn't be.

larry_david

He doesn't learn though. He's got a heck of a lot of qualities and he's brilliant for us but his sub management or squad management, especially with tiredness has always been questionable.

As others have said, 3-0 up at home to a team that had players who work as support works full time,and he brings on o hare for a half when a week early he said o hare was so fatigued they didn't put him on the bus to Plymouth because he couldn't handle the journey.

Mve has been shite for weeks, most probably run down due to fatigue of an intense new league and he brings him on to run at them right wing.

He doesn't learn the lesson, a few seasons ago we were 3-0 up against Rotherham and for weeks he was saying players needed a rest, he didn't bring a single sub on, and I was absolutely fuming with him.

People on here talk about footy manager and fatigue etc, they're absolutely right. We are not professional coaches but we've listened to Gary neville enough times when watching the prem to know if you're players are fatigued and the game is won, you make changes.

And final point again, if he doesn't trust lusala, andrews,Stretton, or anyone else in the 21s to play 25mins against a team of part time players, at home, when 3-0 up, then what the hell is our academy

Otis

I can only come to the conclusion, following the agreement by so many on here, of Robins often getting his tactics wrong, setting the teams up wrong, not picking the right players for games and not making substitutions at the right times in games, that he HAS to be sacked.

Seems he is lying about illnesses and players being tired and fatigued too.

DK should act immediately this morning and fire the utter barsteward.

I do love how we all have this crystal ball on the club.😂

A player is on the bench - he can't be ill

Oh yes he can. He might be able to only play a small bit part in a game. What would have happened if we had gone two nil down and then only had kids on the bench last night? We would have got annihilated.

Fact is, we don't know who was ill, how many were ill, who was just making up numbers in the bench.

We don't know has knocks and why they are not playing.

I am puzzled on the Bidwell/JDS and Wilson/Collins debate, but I don't know what is going on in the club on the matter. I trust Robins though

MR is quite a strict disciplinarian and plays his cards close to his chest. He had he reasons, we just don't know what they are.

He admitted he got it wrong last night and I always see him as someone who is quite truthful and to the point.

He's been absolutely brilliant for us, but with any one defeat, there is always a pile-on on here straight after, where all the players are shit and the manager doesn't know what he's doing.

I am seriously thinking about keeping off the forum for a day or two after any defeat, until everyone has calmed down and come to their senses. It's utter carnage and woe is me.

We did look very jaded last night and lacking energy.

Anyway, Robins has my 100% backing.

We WILL lose games and we WILL play badly and the manager WILL make mistakes. They all do, even the best managers in the world.

Anyway, I am off to enjoy my day.

Deity

I do think we are guilty of the modern disease of wanting to stick to our principles and pass our way to the perfect goal even with minutes ticking away ….

in the past we would have taken Lati off, pushed up Kitchin and told him to ruffle their defenders abit and create some space and knock downs for Simms and Wright to exploit ….

now we stick to 5 at the back, 5 mins to go, still trying to pass it across the back line trying to stretch the opposition out of shape etc etc

I love the way we play but cmon guys time and a place …..

Sky Blue Pete

I can only come to the conclusion, following the agreement by so many on here, of Robins often getting his tactics wrong, setting the teams up wrong, not picking the right players for games and not making substitutions at the right times in games, that he HAS to be sacked.

Seems he is lying about illnesses and players being tired and fatigued too.

DK should act immediately this morning and fire the utter barsteward.

I do love how we all have this crystal ball on the club.😂

A player is on the bench - he can't be ill

Oh yes he can. He might be able to only play a small bit part in a game. What would have happened if we had gone two nil down and then only had kids on the bench last night? We would have got annihilated.

Fact is, we don't know who was ill, how many were ill, who was just making up numbers in the bench.

We don't know has knocks and why they are not playing.

I am puzzled on the Bidwell/JDS and Wilson/Collins debate, but I don't know what is going on in the club on the matter. I trust Robins though

MR is quite a strict disciplinarian and plays his cards close to his chest. He had he reasons, we just don't know what they are.

He admitted he got it wrong last night and I always see him as someone who is quite truthful and to the point.

He's been absolutely brilliant for us, but with any one defeat, there is always a pile-on on here straight after, where all the players are shit and the manager doesn't know what he's doing.

I am seriously thinking about keeping off the forum for a day or two after any defeat, until everyone has calmed down and come to their senses. It's utter carnage and woe is me.

We did look very jaded last night and lacking energy.

Anyway, Robins has my 100% backing.

We WILL lose games and we WILL play badly and the manager WILL make mistakes. They all do, even the best managers in the world.

Anyway, I am off to enjoy my day.
Was gonna say something similar
Same on facebook

We were hoping to finish top 10 this season and we will I’m sure
Robins deserves so much gratitude and patience than many on here and Facebook and Twitter are willing to give him. It’s fuckin bananas it really is

chiefdave

I quite often avoid match day threads on game days and stay off here, or at least just glance over the football related posts, after a loss as there's a number of posters who seem to revel in doom and gloom.

You can come back from a game that we've ended up winning and thinking we've played OK to page after page of posts in the match day thread that make it sound like the worst performance in the history of football.

CCFCSteve

Im with you. There is no doubt players are tired and the schedule has been relentless but the the rotation/changes has been strange. Why did Torp come off the bench for last 20 against Preston when he was coming back from a strain and we were 3 down 🤷‍♂️. Ohare and MVE shouldn’t have been anywhere near Maidstone as both obviously fatigued recently. Also changing to wingbacks and asking MVE to do even more is also strange

Bizarrely though we appeared to have more energy second half last night. First half was just sloppy and disjointed. Can’t get my head around it but then again I don’t know all the details, like are certain players carrying knocks/strains, been ill etc

stevefloyd

I feared the worst last night and obviously it happened BUT we only lost by 1 goal to a team above us in the league, maybe they were cruising but it nearly backfired on them, I can't remember Wilson making a save although obviously it would have been nice of him to save a couple of things and we were out of sorts but again only got beat by 1 goal, we created more chances than them but woeful finishing/shooting ultimately cost us!!
As I said in a previous post lets try and keep the faith and give them the best support because its been a pretty decent ride we have had from our years of darkness and once again PUSB !

Users who are viewing this thread