Player Tiredness (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Was gonna say something similar
Same on facebook

We were hoping to finish top 10 this season and we will I’m sure
Robins deserves so much gratitude and patience than many on here and Facebook and Twitter are willing to give him. It’s fuckin bananas it really is
What's that got to do with the point?

It's almost as if the default is to say he has a job for life and just ignore the point being raised.

Nick

Administrator
Im with you. There is no doubt players are tired and the schedule has been relentless but the the rotation/changes has been strange. Why did Torp come off the bench for last 20 against Preston when he was coming back from a strain and we were 3 down 🤷‍♂️. Ohare and MVE shouldn’t have been anywhere near Maidstone as both obviously fatigued recently. Also changing to wingbacks and asking MVE to do even more is also strange

Bizarrely though we appeared to have more energy second half last night. First half was just sloppy and disjointed. Can’t get my head around it but then again I don’t know all the details, like are certain players carrying knocks/strains, been ill etc
I forgot about torp against Preston as well. No need for that if he was saying he was injured.

fernandopartridge

I do think we are guilty of the modern disease of wanting to stick to our principles and pass our way to the perfect goal even with minutes ticking away ….

in the past we would have taken Lati off, pushed up Kitchin and told him to ruffle their defenders abit and create some space and knock downs for Simms and Wright to exploit ….

now we stick to 5 at the back, 5 mins to go, still trying to pass it across the back line trying to stretch the opposition out of shape etc etc

I love the way we play but cmon guys time and a place …..
Annoyingly last night we had opportunities to put the ball in the box early but every time we took an extra touch and / or an extra pass and allowed West Brom to get set again.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Annoyingly last night we had opportunities to put the ball in the box early but every time we took an extra touch and / or an extra pass and allowed West Brom to get set again.

And then that goes back to the lack of movement in the box. The strikers don't know when the crosses are coming in because we slow it down and check back too often.

You hear the strikers who played with Beckham talk about his delivery, apart from the quality, the thing they always say is, when it goes out to him we know exactly where and when he's going to deliver. They know if he gets the ball that if they make a certain run, they will be in the right place at the right time 9 times out of 10.

We get the ball in a good position, then check back, then Palmer and O'Hare play five 1-2's to get their pass completion stats up, then the ball goes backwards then we start again. That's awful for a striker, and so easy to defend agains.

SBT

Leeds manager just now on Sky “if we keeping talking about being tired the players will be tired. We moan afterwards not now. Now the players need to keep playing “
Easier to say when you’ve got a squad like Leeds, but not sure we can Jedi mind trick the players into being fully fit for five games in 16 days.

Deity

Easier to say when you’ve got a squad like Leeds, but not sure we can Jedi mind trick the players into being fully fit for five games in 16 days.
Kitchin, Bidwell, Wright have had plenty of rest ahead of last nights match ….

Binks, Da Silva were out the team for long periods.

Torp had a 2 month winter break

Simms hasn’t played that much football over the course of the last 4 months

Thomas, MVE, Eccles I can understand …..

CCFCSteve

Yeah, when we shifted the ball a bit quicker second half we caused them problems. West Brom are always well set up and difficult to breakdown. They’ve got the third best defence in the league so ideally not the team to give a two goal head start to

ps also don’t really have a striker hence three CB was a bit strange for me

stupot07

Yeah, you've got Kitching, Bidwell, Wright, Kelly and even Godden that have had plenty of rest.

Hertsccfc

Have you thought that maybe Robins has more information on fitness of individual players than we do? It's not just about how many matches they have played. There has also been talk about illness.

SBT

Torp is coming off an injury, Simms has played in maybe every game, and Kitching/Bidwell/Wright all started three nights prior because we were Very Concerned that a team from the National League South would turn us over if we didn’t start as strong a team as possible.

Nick

Administrator
Have you thought that maybe Robins has more information on fitness of individual players than we do? It's not just about how many matches they have played. There has also been talk about illness.

Yet he said he got it wrong.

fernandopartridge

Leeds manager just now on Sky “if we keeping talking about being tired the players will be tired. We moan afterwards not now. Now the players need to keep playing “
I've heard somebody else say similar, there is something in it

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I can only come to the conclusion, following the agreement by so many on here, of Robins often getting his tactics wrong, setting the teams up wrong, not picking the right players for games and not making substitutions at the right times in games, that he HAS to be sacked.

Seems he is lying about illnesses and players being tired and fatigued too.

DK should act immediately this morning and fire the utter barsteward.

I do love how we all have this crystal ball on the club.😂

A player is on the bench - he can't be ill

Oh yes he can. He might be able to only play a small bit part in a game. What would have happened if we had gone two nil down and then only had kids on the bench last night? We would have got annihilated.

Fact is, we don't know who was ill, how many were ill, who was just making up numbers in the bench.

We don't know has knocks and why they are not playing.

I am puzzled on the Bidwell/JDS and Wilson/Collins debate, but I don't know what is going on in the club on the matter. I trust Robins though

MR is quite a strict disciplinarian and plays his cards close to his chest. He had he reasons, we just don't know what they are.

He admitted he got it wrong last night and I always see him as someone who is quite truthful and to the point.

He's been absolutely brilliant for us, but with any one defeat, there is always a pile-on on here straight after, where all the players are shit and the manager doesn't know what he's doing.

I am seriously thinking about keeping off the forum for a day or two after any defeat, until everyone has calmed down and come to their senses. It's utter carnage and woe is me.

We did look very jaded last night and lacking energy.

Anyway, Robins has my 100% backing.

We WILL lose games and we WILL play badly and the manager WILL make mistakes. They all do, even the best managers in the world.

Anyway, I am off to enjoy my day.

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Do you think Robins is persuaded by anything on here? :ROFLMAO:

This is getting absurd now. Is he changing the team to annoy us or is he taking too much account if what we say on here?

you mean in the same way Michael Beale would definitely not have had separate burner accounts set up on forums / twitter?

I think it’s more common place than you’d imagine (not saying team selections or tactics are based on posts, or that transfers are made as a result of Slowpoke’s latest insights etc. but I think you’re mistaken if you don’t think MR or any of the players read stuff on here)

hamertime

No one is immune from criticism if they fuck up the fans who pay their wages have a right to criticise. Robins for me has been a great manager but starts with the wrong team and attitude far too many times. Keeps harping on about players being tired the more he says that says that the more they will think they are. People think we are building for next season, but I can guarantee you now the pressure will really be on Robins as there won’t be any room for excuses.

shmmeee

Yeah setting us up does include picking the players.

If you watched his interview he was clearly talking about tactics. He said beforehand he had to make changes to key players due to injuries. You’re seeing what you want TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread