Players released by Championship clubs (1 Viewer)

Clive Bleakin

I'll have a pint of what your drinking please
To be fair, there are some quality players - to buy or get in on loan - that you can attract to L1...Brentford got Prtichard from Spurs, and Pennington, Ward and Samuel were a cut above anything I saw in L1.

A good scouting system can get you some above standard players for this sh1tty standard...oh hold on, we haven't got a scouting system :facepalm:

It is in this area that I think TM is most significant...he will put the structure in place which SP failed to do...and what partly led to his downfall...

slowpoke

To be fair, there are some quality players - to buy or get in on loan - that you can attract to L1...Brentford got Prtichard from Spurs, and Pennington, Ward and Samuel were a cut above anything I saw in L1.

A good scouting system can get you some above standard players for this sh1tty standard...oh hold on, we haven't got a scouting system :facepalm:

It is in this area that I think TM is most significant...he will put the structure in place which SP failed to do...and what partly led to his downfall...
Not saying TM won't attract better players than what we have got. I think because of the statue of the manager he can attract better known players but we all know it will come down to wages and if we can afford the players TM wants

Clive Bleakin

Do you think PL clubs cover the wages of their players out on loan?

I mean someone like Pennington will be on say, £3-5k a week. Will that bother Everton? Will they cover that?

I remember Alan Smith being loaned by Man U to MK Dons a few years ago, and as he was on £50k a week, Man U paid £48k of his wages.

woody11462

Do you think PL clubs cover the wages of their players out on loan?

I mean someone like Pennington will be on say, £3-5k a week. Will that bother Everton? Will they cover that?

I remember Alan Smith being loaned by Man U to MK Dons a few years ago, and as he was on £50k a week, Man U paid £48k of his wages.

To be fair I wouldn't be surprised to find out Pennington was on a lot less than that. Maybe 1/2k. He's out of the youth team when he signed his first contract and with no first team appearances at Everton plus I think his contract may be up this summer. If Everton do renew his contract, on improved wages, I think we have a chance of getting him back with a percentage of the wages covered.

stupot07

Not saying TM won't attract better players than what we have got. I think because of the statue of the manager he can attract better known players but we all know it will come down to wages and if we can afford the players TM wants

Better known played doesn't necessarily make them better players. We need to move away from signing players based on what they did 2-3+ years ago. We signed names this season - Pugh, Jackson, madine, nouble, Tudguy, Swanson, for e.g, and in the end the best signings were Samuels, ward, Pennington, and stokes (based on low expectations).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

slowpoke

Better known played doesn't necessarily make them better players. We need to move away from signing players based on what they did 2-3+ years ago. We signed names this season - Pugh, Jackson, madine, nouble, Tudguy, Swanson, for e.g, and in the end the best signings were Samuels, ward, Pennington, and stokes (based on low expectations).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
I know what you are saying but I feel that is why TM played the so called big name players we have here. I still feel TM will have a list like all managers and in that will be some key experienced players that he has worked with before. A mix of our youth team and his own signings

hill83

Some work, some don't. For every Simeon Jackson (Not an admission of me being wrong btw) there is an Aaron Wilbraham.

Come on fella, you are nearly there. Just admit you were wrong it won't hurt.

Terry Gibson's perm

They also need to be looking at the players released by teams in this league as well and the teams that were relegated as they will be getting rid for financial more than talent/fitness reasons

Terry Gibson's perm

Charlton:
Simon Church

Tal Ben Haim
Roger Johnson
Chris Eagles
Lawrie Wilson

I thought for a minute about Church but having looked at his scoring record we would be better off signing Charlotte instead, it is as bad a Nouble's.

wingy

To be fair I wouldn't be surprised to find out Pennington was on a lot less than that. Maybe 1/2k. He's out of the youth team when he signed his first contract and with no first team appearances at Everton plus I think his contract may be up this summer. If Everton do renew his contract, on improved wages, I think we have a chance of getting him back with a percentage of the wages covered.
TBF on my one and only visit to Sixfields last season I happened to sit behind a young lad who claimed to be a cousin of young Grealish at Villa
He told me he was on £11K as an 18 yr old there, so I'd guess Pennington Is on decent dollar at the Toffees

Terry Gibson's perm

TBF on my one and only visit to Sixfields last season I happened to sit behind a young lad who claimed to be a cousin of young Grealish at Villa
He told me he was on £11K as an 18 yr old there, so I'd guess Pennington Is on decent dollar at the Toffees

Scary to think that soon players will retire at 20 odd as millionaires having never played a first team game

SkyBlue_Bear83

Some decent players released by Bolton

Championship side Bolton have released 13 players but offered new contracts to four players.

Jermaine Beckford, Matt Mills, Craig Davies, Andrew Lonergan and Keith Andrews will all leave the club.

LJC_CCFC

Would take Davies and Lonergan, can see Mills staying in the Championship and Beckford going to Preston.

LJC_CCFC

Every club Mills has played for they've released him, he is shit. He belongs in League Two, or America.

Ok then. Reading signed Mills for £2 million and he went on to captain them to a play-off final. Leicester then paid a fee for him, as did Bolton. As things stand it looks like Forest are in for him. So yeah he belongs in League Two, or America.

slowpoke

Championship side Bolton have released 13 players but offered new contracts to four players.

Jermaine Beckford, Matt Mills, Craig Davies, Andrew Lonergan and Keith Andrews will all leave the club.
Would take Beckford all day in that list he's a quality player at league one level

skybluebeduff

Ok then. Reading signed Mills for £2 million and he went on to captain them to a play-off final. Leicester then paid a fee for him, as did Bolton. As things stand it looks like Forest are in for him. So yeah he belongs in League Two, or America.

Bollocks, I even remember the clown sven paying £5ill for him and selling him 28 games later..

Even Bigirmana showed him up, that says it all.

Just because Forest want him, doesn't make him any better. They fail with every signing in the past 5 years.

LJC_CCFC

Bollocks, I even remember the clown sven paying £5ill for him and selling him 28 games later..

Even Bigirmana showed him up, that says it all.

Just because Forest want him, doesn't make him any better. They fail with every signing in the past 5 years.

He's a solid Championship standard centre half.

LJC_CCFC

Have you ever removed that head from your own arse crack?

263731d67eb5b187d30c92723e36a0d6.jpg

skybluebeduff

Yea clearly Doncaster and Reading wanted to sell him, explains why they got such good money for him.

We sold Wilson therefore he is a poor player, that is your level of logic here.

Find a Leicester or Reading fan who speak highly of him, and whilst you're at it, go and ask Bolton fans why he was dropped for so long this season.

Your logic to throw Wilson into this conversation considering he's highly regarded here, it's just daft.

I'll regurgitate this one last time, Matt Mills... is shit.

Would rather have Andy Webster at the back.

:whistle:

Manchester_sky_blue

Andy Lonergan would be a great signing for us. I used to work with his brother, not that that has any relevance what-so-ever :D but if we signed him i could tell everyone," i used to work with his brother ya know!"

I'd take Beckford, great striker at this level but would assume he is Preston bound or else another Champ club might take a punt on him.

Users who are viewing this thread