Points by half way (1 Viewer)

Macca

Next 8 games some tough fixtures. I have 8 points so 23 by half way. Hopefully improve after January and look for 60 points, respectable mid table?

Sky Blue Harry H

My view is that the combination of midfield injuries, on top of Gus' departure, has impacted on the effectiveness of both our defence and attack. Once the majority of the midfield are fully fit (Allen, Sheaf and O'Hare in particular - throw in Kelly of you wish) we will improve as a team. An effective signing n January should help bolster that, though if the rest of the squad recovers by then, I'd sooner wait until the summer for the right player.

Happy_Martian

Can see where the negativity stems from but the team have shown a lot of positives in the last few games. We are generating attempts on goal, it's that final bit of luck that we're missing. And the oft-said cliche about clubs at the bottom struggling for luck is proving its point.

So I'm a little more upbeat about what comes next. We're definitely not in playoff contention currently but January will be a big month for us, game and transfer window wise.

Upcoming fixtures:

Stoke (H) Draw, tough to beat. A draw will be a good result
Millwall (A) Win, they're higher in the table but are no better or worse than us.
Plymouth (H) Win, they're unstoppable at home, a tad more shaky away. Hope we get a good day.
Ipswich (A) Loss, like Plymouth, they are bouncing with confidence at home but Rotherham showed them up away.
Birmingham (H) Win, if we can't beat the local rivals, we may as well give up now.
Southampton (H) Loss, still living on Premiership players, we haven't got much to compete against them
Leeds (A) Loss, same as So'ton. Bizarre start but they've settled and will be hard to beat in their own park.
Sunderland (A) Draw, they're doing well but we tend to raise our game against them.

So an increase of 11 points over the 8 games. 26 points is still a poor position to be in but things are still so tight from P6 to 19 (10 point gap).

------- Halfway point in the season

Xmas games

Sheff Weds (H) Win, there is something drastically wrong at Wednesday. We have to get something from this one
Swansea (H) Draw, one of those we always trip up over. Was tempted to say loss but we're at home so the crowd should boost us.
Middlesboro (A) Win, another game raising opponent, even when we're crap (Wk3!!!). Away should be noisy, fun and 3 points better.

Flying Fokker

Well, things are looking better than most expected. 15 points from 8 games.

30 points by half-way. 9 points between 5th and 18th.

Stoke (H) Draw, 0-0
Millwall (A) Win, 0-3
Plymouth (H) Win, 1-0
Ipswich (A) Loss, 2-1
Birmingham (H) Win, 2-0
Southampton (H) Draw 1-1
Leeds (A) Draw 1-1
Sunderland (A) Win 0-3.

Last edited:

Happy_Martian

Well, things are looking better than most expected. 15 points from 8 games.

30 points by half-way. 9 points between 5th and 18th.

Stoke (H) Draw, 0-0
Millwall (A) Win, 0-3
Plymouth (H) Win, 1-0
Ipswich (A) Loss, 1-2
Birmingham (H) Win, 2-0
Southampton (H) Draw 1-1
Leeds (A) Draw 1-1
Sunderland (A) Win 0-3.

I'm actually quite chuffed that I got even 2 of those results right 😇 To get 5 is both a miracle and heartwarming. And the 3 I missed out on, the team improved on what I'd predicted. Kewl !!! :ROFLMAO:

Happy_Martian

Will add this is as a guide for the months ahead.

We are currently 10 (ten) points away from the bottom 3 and only 6 (six) away from the playoff places

Next 8 upcoming fixtures

Sheff Weds (H)
Swansea (H)
Middlesboro (A)
Leicester (H)
Sheff Weds (A)
Bristol City (H)
Norwich (A)
Millwall (H)

Brighton Sky Blue

Will add this is as a guide for the months ahead.

We are currently 10 (ten) points away from the bottom 3 and only 6 (six) away from the playoff places

Next 8 upcoming fixtures

Sheff Weds (H)
Swansea (H)
Middlesboro (A)
Leicester (H)
Sheff Weds (A)
Bristol City (H)
Norwich (A)
Millwall (H)
As a pure guess, I reckon:

W4 L3 D1, perhaps W5 L3

Happy_Martian

Sheff Weds (H) - Santa's last Xmas present for 2023. WIN
Swansea (H) - want a win but we only seem to draw with them. DRAW
Middlesboro (A) - tough game. DRAW
Leicester (H) - they're on a high. Can't see anything but a loss. LOSS
Sheff Weds (A) - basket case scenario. Unless we screw up, WIN
Bristol City (H) - never know what team will turn up. WIN
Norwich (A) - hate this fixture. We have the ability to beat them. But we rarely do. LOSS
Millwall (H) - Joe Edwards starting to get these guys sorted. Still expect a home win though. WIN

So 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. 14 points from these 8 games would be a decent haul.

Macca

Delighted and surprised with 5 bonus points in the last 3 fixtures. 30 points without exactly setting the world alight. Can we get 40 in the 2nd half of the season?

Robinshio

Before the last 2 eakin correctly predicted 10 points from the previous 5. The last 2 away games on top of that
The march to the arch is truly on track
How dare we doubt the supremo pair of mark and Adi

Users who are viewing this thread