Police involved with Nigel's hunger strike (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Poilce were called to speak to a Coventry City fan who has vowed to go on hunger strike whenever the club play a ‘home’ match away.

Nigel Warren told the Football League on Friday of his decision not to eat for 24 hours every time the Sky Blues play at Sixfields in Northampton.

And just hours later the 41-year-old dad-of-one couldn’t believe it when two uniformed police officers turned up on his doorstep in Crediton Close, Styvechale, to quiz him about his planned twice-monthly protests.

Nigel said: “The Football League think I’m completely mad and said they had no choice but to report me to the police.

“Later that day the police turned up as the league had said they were worried about my health.

“I’m not exactly going to die from it!

“The police officers were totally embarrassed and they found it laughable.”

Despite his horror at the decision to ratify the groundshare with Northampton Town, Nigel is determined to make sure his hunger strike has a positive outcome.

The former season ticket holder for more than 20 years said: “I’m going to weigh myself before I start and do it properly as a sponsored weight loss with the money going to testicular cancer and breast cancer charities, as football is for both men and women.”

West Midlands Police confirmed they visited Nigel but said no further action was taken.

What the hell are the police going to do? Surely wasting police time??

Nick

Administrator
He is going to fast for a day every couple of weeks, that is actually part of a lot of weight loss diets so hardly a criminal offence is it?

I wonder if it was the football league who called them?

RoboCCFC90

"Nigel said: “The Football League think I’m completely mad and said they had no choice but to report me to the police."

They're half right and half wrong IMO.

Nick

Administrator
What can he be reported to the police for though?

Next time I see a jogger I am going to citizen's arrest them for trying to keep fit and see what the police say about it.

Actually I am pretty sure there is a copper who goes to the gym, I'll report him too.

Sbarcher

I think they are setting up a new Police Division to combat the terrorist threat from a 5/2 diet plan.

dongonzalos

Have read that, the police get more pathetic everyday

It's the FL who reported it once they do that and say they are worried about the guys mental health the police are screwed.

If they go they look like dicks. If they don't and it wasn't the FL overreacting, the police are put all over the papers for neglect.

Grappa

I'm sure he didn't word his protest initially as a 'weight-loss charity fund-raiser'.

If the FL have concerns about his potential to harm himself and possible mental health concerns, they have a duty to report it.

Sbarcher

I'm sure he didn't word his protest initially as a 'weight-loss charity fund-raiser'.

If the FL have concerns about his potential to harm himself and possible mental health concerns, they have a duty to report it.

The FL didn't report SISU to the police for murdering our football club!!!!

Nick

Administrator
I guess so, if he was having breakdown over the phone the police could have just been sent to check up on him.

Covcraig@bury

FFS,

NOPM-----NOT ONE PIE MORE---- he`s totally read the threads wrong, the dyslexic fecker . LOL:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

letsallsingtogether

Maybe they should have reported all of us because of their Gutless gesture to our Club we are all on a hunger strike.

The Hunger of watching our beloved Football Club in our own City:blue: Get the FL OUT

ajsccfc

They could force-feed him Guantanamo style. Mos Def tried it in a video, it doesn't look fun at all.

dongonzalos

Is it really going to harm him though? Seriously?

The police would have thought the same as you. However an independent organisation phones them expressing concern. If the FL said something like we are worried he is going to do something silly that's it. If its the Nigel people think it is he does come across a bit extreme

T

true sky blue

its harassment by the big brother authorities. and the FL. the police had no right at all to approach Nigel at all, he isnt on a hunger strike in reality its just for 24 hours, that doesnt do anyone any harm at all, in fact ask any muslim about fasting. i think the FL have lost some face on this situation and they have thought back the only way they know how - to harass and threaten through the authorities 9to which they are one). watch vendetta and youll get the idea

dongonzalos

its harassment by the big brother authorities. and the FL. the police had no right at all to approach Nigel at all, he isnt on a hunger strike in reality its just for 24 hours, that doesnt do anyone any harm at all, in fact ask any muslim about fasting. i think the FL have lost some face on this situation and they have thought back the only way they know how - to harass and threaten through the authorities 9to which they are one). watch vendetta and youll get the idea

They are looking at his tax rebates as we speak

Nick

Administrator

OR if he has phoned them and had a breakdown on the phone they were worried so got a couple of police to go and make sure the kitchen knives were locked away? I can kind of understand it now!

dongonzalos

OR if he has phoned them and had a breakdown on the phone they were worried so got a couple of police to go and make sure the kitchen knives were locked away? I can kind of understand it now!

That's exactly what it was.
Not a state conspiracy to oppress him :)

T

true sky blue

either way it was a over reaction and unfair on the chap. lets support or fellow fans hey

Sbarcher

I'm looking forward to some Nigel Foie Gras on toast..........

dongonzalos

either way it was a over reaction and unfair on the chap. lets support or fellow fans hey

Yes let's, but be realistic whilst doing it. They were checking on his welfare. Not threatening to lock him up. He by the sounds if it had a laugh with them.

Someone at the FL found him a bit extreme and were worried.

No need to turn it into a state big brother scenario

dongonzalos

Damn looks like I was sucked in by a wum
Anyone see the conflict in these two comments

Originally Posted by true sky blue:
Mr Fisher is a man of integrity, a good person fighting all corners, he has a job to do and is not mr popular. but neither are coppers, dentists, solicitors and administrators but they have a job to do. why is it Mr Fisher gets the crap all the time, how about starting on the players who have let us down over the years? the fans who do not turn up? the owners in london - go to there offices protest properly not in 10s and 20s but in your thousands. this poor fella walks out to a lynch mob every time and tries to speak... he then gets lambasted for repeating himself or being coy... that business all businessmen act like that. he isnt a monster guys - give the guy a break after all he is a human being like the rest of us

Originally Posted by true sky blue:

lordsummerisle

Yes let's, but be realistic whilst doing it. They were checking on his welfare. Not threatening to lock him up. He by the sounds if it had a laugh with them.

Someone at the FL found him a bit extreme and were worried.

No need to turn it into a state big brother scenario

Christ Dongle, everything isn't a conspiracy then??

Users who are viewing this thread