Poll: How long will Trump be President? (1 Viewer)

Poll: How long will Trump be President?

• Up to 1 year (inaugurated 20 Jan 2017)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 2 years

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Up to 3 years

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Up to 4 years (fulll term)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 2 full terms (8 years)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

Trump actually backed Luther Strange who lost the primary to Roy (not Ray) Moore. He only favoured Moore over Jones to keep the Republican majority at 52.48, and actually rejected Moore before the allegations-meaning just on the grounds of his views, so I would not call that extremist.

When did Trump reject Moore?
He knew he was a homophobic, racist bible basher with a string of sexual assault allegations against him including against minors and he still backed him as did the GOP.
Having said that, maybe he reminded trump of someone!

Captain Dart

You do surprise me. Waiting for Captain Dart’s Link.
I'm tempted to post loads of random Briebart links just to annoy Mart. :spam:

chiefdave

I am surprised it's not more.
We applied the same conservative standard to Obama and Trump, counting only demonstrably and substantially false statements.

This article counts only distinct falsehoods for both Trump and Obama.

If we had used a less strict standard, Trump would look even worse by comparison. He makes misleading statements and mild exaggerations – about economic statistics, his political opponents and many other subjects – far more often than Obama. We left out any statement that could be plausibly defended even if many people would disagree with the president's interpretation. We also left out modest quantitative errors, such as Trump's frequent imprecision with numbers.
Whole article is here Trump’s Lies vs. Obama’s

Gazolba

The economy is doing really well in the USA. My stock-market savings fund gained 18% over the past 6 months.
All politicians lie, it's part of the job description. Some are just better at it than others.
Abraham Lincoln was the last honest President, that's why he was called 'Honest Abe'.

martcov

The economy is doing really well in the USA. My stock-market savings fund gained 18% over the past 6 months.
All politicians lie, it's part of the job description. Some are just better at it than others.
Abraham Lincoln was the last honest President, that's why he was called 'Honest Abe'.

The stock market has been going up for years... even before Trimp... with the arms contracts, deregulation, doing away with environmental protection laws, a tax handout to businesses and a promise of infrastructure projects it is not surprising. But, someone will be paying. The poor, the ones who lose health insurance, the future generations who will be paying off the national debt, the people who suffer because of pollution and climate change, the people killed by the weapons sold etc..

It is unchecked capitalism and great for the rich. Unfortunately the people who voted for Trump will get little apart from low paid jobs.

Otis

Don't get that argument, Gazbola. Are you saying because all presidents lie it's okay for Trump to lie so much more than anyone else?

Otis

Didn't think I would ever live to see the day where I would hear a world leader talking in such a childish and idiotic fashion.

If I saw that tweet and didn't know who it was from I think I would have it nailed on as being from some spotty 13 year old kid.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

15 minutes after threatening nuclear war and the death of millions, he announced he was going to make up some awards about news people who've wronged him like Father Ted winning the golden cleric.

By the time he's done there will be nothing a president can do that will be a scandal any more.

chiefdave

he announced he was going to make up some awards about news people who've wronged him like Father Ted winning the golden cleric.
Sometimes these things sound so bizarre you have to check if they're true - this one certainly is

jimmyhillsfanclub

I heard the Q.I research team being interviewed on the radio over Xmas......one of their great little facts was that Trump had played more rounds of golf than Rory McIlroy since becoming president.....

Apparently hes on course to have played 100+ rounds in a calendar year.......

martcov

Sometimes these things sound so bizarre you have to check if they're true - this one certainly is

Tbf he is winning the most dishonest president award hands down.... over 1600 direct lies so far.... doesn’t include „normal“ exaggerations...

Captain Dart

Otis

I see in Michael Wolfe's book he says that Trump was/is a big fan of Rupert Murdoch and was extolling his virtues.

In return, Murdoch allegedly said of Trump 'He's a f**king idiot.'

martcov

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?"

Trump derides protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries

Lovely bloke ain't he. :(

The leader of the free world speaking like some pleb after a few pints in a pub. Bringing the level of conversation to the gutter. Will of course be lapped up by certain sections of the population. „He tells it as it is“. Further deflecting from the tax reform benefitting the rich and the investigation closing in on him and his money laundering cronies. More of „blame the immigrants“.

martcov

Now he is canceling his trip to the UK.

„He is said to be unhappy about the lack of "bells and whistles" surrounding the event and the fact he would not be able to meet the Queen. „

Awaiting comment from his buddy Farage who must also be pleased with his „shithole“ countries comment. Right up his street.

Otis

Now he is canceling his trip to the UK.

„He is said to be unhappy about the lack of "bells and whistles" surrounding the event and the fact he would not be able to meet the Queen. „

Awaiting comment from his buddy Farage who must also be pleased with his „shithole“ countries comment. Right up his street.
He's also blaming Obama over the new embassy, saying his administration sold the 'best located and finest embassy in London for peanuts.'

Only trouble is, the decision was made BEFORE Obama was even in power.

He is an embarrassment and no role model.

What does this teach children who hear the way he speaks and the language he uses? You can only think it will be replicated in the playground. After all, this is the leader of the free world and president of America!

martcov

Farage jumps in to protect his billionaire buddy...

Nigel Farage has blamed Jeremy Corbyn and London Mayor Sadiq Khan for backing protests that could have deterred Donald Trump from visiting the UK.

The ex-Ukip leader hit out after news broke overnight that the US President had cancelled a visit planned for next month to open his country’s new embassy in London.“

Didn’t have to wait long.

Blaming a „lefty“ and a Muslim...

martcov

He's also blaming Obama over the new embassy, saying his administration sold the 'best located and finest embassy in London for peanuts.'

He is an embarrassment and no role model.

What does this teach children who hear the way he speaks and the language he uses? You can only think it will be replicated in the playground. After all, this is the leader of the free world and president of America!

His ambassador in Holland is under fire for refusing to back down on blatant lies..

This whole right wing wave is based on disgusting lies... Yes, there are left wing lies, but since Brexit and Trump, the bar has been lowered to the ground.... These lies are Premier League....How can we tell our children that it is wrong to lie when liars are plastered all over our TV screens? Not even bothering to tell plausible lies. Just lies and more lies. It doesn’t matter anymore. Just so long as they feed your world view.

chiefdave

Also ignores the fact that the reason it was sold for 'peanuts' is that its a grade II listed building which limits what any new owner can do with the building. And of course the reason they have to move in the first place is they can't bring the current embassy up to the security standard they require.

Otis

Also ignores the fact that the reason it was sold for 'peanuts' is that its a grade II listed building which limits what any new owner can do with the building. And of course the reason they have to move in the first place is they can't bring the current embassy up to the security standard they require.
Why let simple facts get in the way of a good rant?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Someone is gonna get him in their crosshairs one day!

wingy

I wonder if Nazon is a little offended tonight?
Without wishing to fall into the trap 'its just a soundbite to appeal to the thick who elected him '.
Beware those who may protest should he visit or ommit him from the wedding invites.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Since I was born, I have seen presidents come and go, right back to Dwight D. Eisenhower through to the idiot the US has in power today. Until he came along I always thought that George W Bush was the worst, but this twat supersedes him tenfold. The bloke is scary! And by that I mean, he has the nuclear codes! I fear for the future of the Western World with this despot in charge.

NorthernWisdom

Since I was born, I have seen presidents come and go, right back to Dwight D. Eisenhower through to the idiot the US has in power today. Until he came along I always thought that George W Bush was the worst, but this twat supersedes him tenfold. The bloke is scary! And by that I mean, he has the nuclear codes! I fear for the future of the Western World with this despot in charge.
George W always looks so statesmanlike nowadays!

Users who are viewing this thread