Pompey Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Black6Osprey

Lets try a more recent run of games. Last 6 is used the most.

Us 13 points
Tranmere 9
MK Dons 16
Doncaster 12
Sheff Utd 8
Brentford 14
Notts C 9
Stevenage 5
Swindon 10
Crawley 3

So we have been catching up with 7 out of the top 9 sides.

Yes but how many of the last 6 games have been against top half teams? 10 games will have a better mix of teams and is a more accurate form guide. Winning 2 games in a row isn't form its just 2 games. I think if we win 5 and draw 2 of our next 10 games we will have done really well but will still be 10 pts off the play offs.

Otis

We certainly wouldn't be any closer than 8 I would have thought.

10 points is massive. When you consider MK Dons and Sheff Utd. and Tranmere have been top 6 all season so far and Notts County and Swindon and Crawley etc. have been either in or around the top 6 and in the top 10 all season, it's an awful lot to ask for those to now start failing.

And we do need teams to fail for us to catch them, while at the same time produce automatic promotion form ourselves.

Mucca Mad Boys

10 points is massive. When you consider MK Dons and Sheff Utd. and Tranmere have been top 6 all season so far and Notts County and Swindon and Crawley etc. have been either in or around the top 6 and in the top 10 all season, it's an awful lot to ask for those to now start failing.

And we do need teams to fail for us to catch them, while at the same time produce automatic promotion form ourselves.

From the clubs ou've listed, I think MKD and Sheff U will be top 6 easily, Sheff U will probably win it, however, I don't think Tranmere will be in the top 6 (at the end of season), in and around 8th. Notts County will be top 6, 3rd or 4th, Crawley, I don't think they'll get top 6 and I hope Swindon don't get top 6 it I think they'll come 6th.

Otis

Would agree with some of that.

Think Sheff Utd will get one of the automatic places. Think Tranmere may well fall away somewhat. Swindon and MK Dons will definitely be top 6 for me and so too Notts County.

SkyblueBazza

Do remember that even next time out there are some clashes between teams above us which can help making up ground...then there's suspensions/injuries all start coming into the mix. That's when strength in depth comes into play...here's hoping ours can do the job!

Otis

You do also though have to accept that the team in 7th place, one place outside the play-offs are 10 points ahead and the team in 8th, 8 points ahead.

We obviously have to overcome them too and the scenario could well be that one of the top 6 falters and the team in 7th would simply step into their place. That happens now and we could still be 10 points adrift.

Users who are viewing this thread