PONTICELLI (3 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Yes big statement indeed! Shipley in the Championship and now PonticellI in the Prem!
Along way from that level yet. But both in a few years time should be looking at establishing themselves at league 1 level first then they definately have the potential to play at that level.

stevefloyd

Sorry, but simply do not buy that Biamou/Ponticelli analogy at all.

Biamou clearly played at first team level in the National League, while Ponticelli was only playing academy football and for the U18's at that.

We only signed Ponticelli in 2016 when he was a raw 17 year old talent.

Biamou was rightly ahead in the pecking order and Robins has done the right thing. Ponticelli was far too raw earlier in the season to warrant a place.

Hats off to the manager for bringing him on and introducing him gradually as the season has worn on.
Yep one way to destroy Biamous confidence....play a raw kid ahead of him

Grendel

Cov kid 55

Biamou is equally as raw in terms of league experience
Along way from that level yet. But both in a few years time should be looking at establishing themselves at league 1 level first then they definately have the potential to play at that level.
Time will tell how good JP will be, and what level he will reach. I thought he struggled in the first half yesterday, but then the whole team did for quite a lot of yesterday’s game. His second goal was excellent, I was in line with his shot as it came in, I didn’t see the possibility of a shot but he did, and executed it superbly. After that he definately grew in stature, and played a major part in helping us to see the game out. Very assured on the right hand touchline as we managed the game through. Worked hard on his defensive duties. An encouraging display.

TewkesburySkyBlue

The last bit was a bit tongue in cheek but having seen us play in the top division for many a long year I’m not giving up hope
Again probably due to my lack of knowledge about the current game but I don’t think there is much difference between Leagues One and Two. So many teams go straight through fromTwo to the Championship so here’s hoping !

pastythegreat

Again probably due to my lack of knowledge about the current game but I don’t think there is much difference between Leagues One and Two. So many teams go straight through fromTwo to the Championship so here’s hoping !
MASSIVE difference between the 2 league's! L2 is a dogs league. Absolutely dreadful, can't say as though I've watched an actual proper game of football all season.
L1 is still a shit standard of football, just a lot less shit than L2.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

steve82

There’s a defiantly a rise in quality between L1 and L2.

Imagine this L2 is like going back to the late 80’s very early 90’s pre premier league days and L1 is early premier league days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

Time will tell how good JP will be, and what level he will reach. I thought he struggled in the first half yesterday, but then the whole team did for quite a lot of yesterday’s game. His second goal was excellent, I was in line with his shot as it came in, I didn’t see the possibility of a shot but he did, and executed it superbly. After that he definately grew in stature, and played a major part in helping us to see the game out. Very assured on the right hand touchline as we managed the game through. Worked hard on his defensive duties. An encouraging display.

Not sure I agree that JP struggled in the 1st half, I thought he found the new system easier to cope with than McNulty did for instance, but you are certainly right about the visible boost to his game after the 2nd goal. The way he helped close out the game by their corner flag was very impressive for someone of his years & it was noticeable that he was demanding the ball off more experienced players to do that. I particularly liked the nutmeg he put on the Crawley defender leading to Biamou's miss.

Otis

Will you lot take stock and calm down. He is a young local lad who has broken into a 4 th div team and scored a few goals.
Stop getting carried away and making stupid statements. Give him a chance ffs Why we see kids as world beaters after a handful of games has always amazed me.
Totally and utterly agree. The getting carried away is indeed ridiculous, but, I do have to say that he is a brilliant little player who will go on to get lots of England caps and probably end up playing for Barca one day.

Nonleagueherewecome

Totally and utterly agree. The getting carried away is indeed ridiculous, but, I do have to say that he is a brilliant little player who will go on to get lots of England caps and probably end up playing for Barca one day.
Only probably? You're so negative, Otis. Although yes, I suppose Real Madrid may pip them to his signature...

larry_david

Yep needs a full season of starts now at league 2. Somewhere like Northampton would suit. Mind you maybe further a field might help as well. Just feel there's only so much you can learn playing for 7 mins at the end of the game

ceetee

League 2 clubs may wonder why a player who only got "7 mins at the end of the game" in League 2, as recently as two months ago is now ready to start in their first team.

larry_david

Let's see, about 28 goals for under 18s, numerous goals for under 23s last season, goal away at county followed by a start and 2 goals away at Crawley. Pretty sure over half of league 2 teams with no money to sign permanent players would be interested in signing him on loan.

stevefloyd

I would loan him...I could do with some painting doing...mind you he is a footballer so I would have to show him which end of the paint brush to hold

Reactions: vow

thekidfromstrettoncamp

This young lad I think will surprise a few hope he get a fair chance in preseason friendlies if so I think there will no loan he will fight for a place in the team . He is the best poacher type player we have had for a while . He will be a regular by the end of the season.

Nick

Administrator
This young lad I think will surprise a few hope he get a fair chance in preseason friendlies if so I think there will no loan he will fight for a place in the team . He is the best poacher type player we have had for a while . He will be a regular by the end of the season.
He isn't though, McNulty just broke a scoring record.

Do people actually watch games or just repeat things they hear third hand?

better days

I see what you mean Nick but after about 15 games last year some people were making up stupid names for McNulty because he wasn't scoring
Robins stuck with him and it paid off

thekidfromstrettoncamp

NICK I do watch games missed about 3 at home last season due to hospital. Mac did indeed break the scoring record . From memory most of his goals came from moves started outside the box headers or penalties , Jordan is a poacher ie Jimmy Greaves type I think he takes a lot of beating for a lad of his age . He is very good at capitalising on mistakes in the box. I don't repeat anything about players I only go on what I see.

Users who are viewing this thread