Match Thread Port Vale - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I really hope we sing the city of culture song to wind up our Stoke opponents.

Cavan O'Doherty

Play Nazon on the wing. It's not his natural position but he will offer more than Kelly Evans. Do we actually know that Vincenti will be out yet?

Londonccfcfan

As has been said, DKE on the wing would severely shackle us, he tries hard and has some of the tenacity of his brother, but just isn’t that good at football or ready for the first team as it currently stands.

Little hypocritical, but do we have another young winger we can give a chance to?

The only other option is Beavon; he’d be out of position, but he would be disciplined and would instinctively be more attacking than playing Grimmer there for example. I’d also be reluctant to move Grimmer as he offers a lot from right back, plus Willis never looks comfortable there and having him and Grimmer down the right would be too defensive.

Beavon seems the only option on the right. Think he could do a job there. Unlikely to get bullied.

I think the team will be up for this. Fairly local game with the chance of going into the autos. Vale not particularly strong this season.. 2-1 win with Exeter losing.

mrtrench

Exeter should win their game - but both Notts County and Luton have tricky away games. We may still be fourth if we win, having gained points on the top 2.

steve82

Unfortunately I think we will have to utilise DKE should Vincenti not be ready, unless MR changes the shape which I cannot see one bit.

Wycombe game was quite possibly the worst game to kick off such a compact festive period with lack of protection and consistency from the ref.

Be a few limping/walking bruised players

I don't see DKE playing much of a part here again, will end up at Stratford or leamington

Otis

Unfortunately I think we will have to utilise DKE should Vincenti not be ready, unless MR changes the shape which I cannot see one bit.

Wycombe game was quite possibly the worst game to kick off such a compact festive period with lack of protection and consistency from the ref.

Be a few limping/walking bruised players

I don't see DKE playing much of a part here again, will end up at Stratford or leamington
I fear that too and as I keep saying, upon comparing them, Dion looks to be a much better player than Devon, yet it's Devon who has been getting the game time.

Dion is more ferocious and combative and seems to have a better touch on him too.

fatso

Beavon on the right wing, or bring in DKE (not DKE) at right back and push grimmer forward to right midfield, this would make us stronger in midfield which would suit us for an away game.

Johnnythespider

"Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way" you all know the rest. As has been mentioned I would concur that Beavon coming in for Vincenti is the way to go, his lack of goals being on a par with Vince, and he could link up quite well with Grimmer. 3-1 and Biamou will finally get a league goal.

stevefloyd

Heart says Cov win but we are talking of Cov winning consolidating 4th position so I guess we are up for losing yet again....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

letsallsingtogether

Me plus 3 going can't wait.

Easy win will have to sit in the carpark again watching there 10 year olds giving it large.

Irish Sky Blue

I hope we win but can see it being a real battle. We deservedly beat them at home but they nearly sneaked a point late on after being outplayed. They have changed manager and improved a lot since then. I think it will be tough.

wingy

Who's their destroyer this season.
Be nice for Doyle to deal with him early.
Can't call this one, expect it to be tight but we should be full of confidence.
What a Chav town.

Otis

I think it will be tough too. Would settle for a draw if we could then go on to beat Carlisle and Cheltenham. That would be a great return from the Christmas fixtures.

Certainly can't afford to lose. Momentum starting to build after back to back wins and a loss would stop us back in our tracks.

Need a positive result, be it win or draw.

Port Vale is in Burslem isn't it?

Cavan O'Doherty

I think it will be tough too. Would settle for a draw if we could then go on to beat Carlisle and Cheltenham. That would be a great return from the Christmas fixtures.

Certainly can't afford to lose. Momentum starting to build after back to back wins and a loss would stop us back in our tracks.

Need a positive result, be it win or draw.

Port Vale is in Burslem isn't it?
Yes unfortunately.

Esoterica

Port Vale season summary

Port Vale had an awful start to the season: W1, D2, L9 of their opening 12 games, with the 1-0 defeat at the Ricoh sandwiched in the middle of that run, leaving them tied bottom with Chesterfield. They sacked Michael Brown and appointed Neil Aspin, who had been managing in non-league, and although it took a few games their form has improved. In their last 11 games they have W6 D2 L3 and pulled away from the relegation zone.

Home form:

They hadn't won at home in their opening 6 games but have won 3 of their last 5 ,although that run included 2 heavy defeats by Swindon 0-3 and Mansfield 0-4. Despite this minor recovery, overall they have the worst record at home in the division.
Home form.png

They have also been beaten at home by every team in the top half of the league, conceding 15 in 6 matches:
home defeats.png

Goals:
Port Vale have conceded at least one goal in 82% of their home matches. They look much more vunerable after half time with 10 of their 18 goals conceded coming between 46-75 mins.

PV home goals.png

Port Vale's main threat is Tom Pope who has scored 8 and has 3 assists in his last 12 league appearances.

Tables:
pv tables.png

Users who are viewing this thread