Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Coventry (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?
3. Where you think you will finish in terms of league position?
4. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
5. What are your thoughts on your manager?
6. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
7. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?
8. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?
9. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams?
10. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Plymouth fans from our game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/opposing-views-plymouth/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesdayand the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP

ccfcway

2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?

bottom 6
top 6

ccfcway

you wum
:claping hands:

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
3. Where you think you will finish in terms of league position?
5. What are your thoughts on your manager?
7. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?
8. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?
9. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams?
10. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Plymouth fans from our game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/opposing-views-plymouth/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesdayand the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP

Anyone like to take part and answer the questions....?

LB87ccfc

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan? - Male - followed Coventry for over 25 years home and away - ( do I get a superfan badge)
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)? - Expectations were quite high after the likes of Tudgay, Jackson, O Brien, Johnson,Pugh joined the club, however for whatever reason it has not worked out as planned, but we now have renewed hope to at least pull away from the dog fight at the bottom with an experienced manager joining the mad house.
3. Where you think you will finish in terms of league position? -Hard to say - would take 17th right now and re-group under the new man in the summer.
4. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)? - Samuel 4 in 5 is looking a decent acquisition and has pace , players might step up a gear now the new manager is coming in - chance to impress etc.
5. What are your thoughts on your manager? - He has not signed yet but if it is Mowbray as is led to believe then a massive coup for the club and a big name for a league one club.
6. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities? - You taking the biscuit mate?
7. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players? - I see Mark Marshall is your stand out performer.
8. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game? I did and I thought we did a good job on you, even if you was all bitter afterwards on social media and on the radio but thought we looked after your threats very well that day.
9. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams? - Micky Adams - Did ok at our place. Your Chairman prefers us. :)
10. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)? - a hard fought contest with Coventry winning again 2.1 - Samuel Proschwitz , Marshall for you.

kg82

1.My First match was in 87 or 88 away against Forest – I don’t really remember it except that it ended 0-0! My first match at Highfield Road was 91 or 92 and we beat Luton 5-0. I won’t name, but we used to get into the ground for free and stand in the Spion Kop. Funny how things go, we used to watch top flight decent football for free, now we pay to watch rubbish!
2. After losing Callum Wilson in the summer along with Franck Moussa and Leon Clarke in the January transfer window, every fan realised if we were to achieve anything this year the goals we’d lost in those players had to be replaced. Pre-season many were talking about relegation, but I think the realistic target was mid-table. Unfortunately, those goals weren’t replaced and we’re currently underachieving and - up until the last few days, tensions have been running quite high with the fans.
3. Personally, I think we’ll get ourselves up to about 15[SUP]th[/SUP].
4. I’m not sure I should give away any secrets so look out for Webster! Dominic Samuel’s come in from Reading on loan and has bagged 4 in 5 games and looks very decent.
5. At the point of writing this, it still hasn’t been officially confirmed, but it looks like it’ll be Tony Mowbray who’ll be in charge. If that’s the case, it’s the most exciting appointment here in many years and I’m very, very happy about it!
6. The least said about this the better – we’re probably more notorious for our off-field antics than on at the moment.
7. Port Vale seem like a team where the euphoria of promotion has worn off a bit, and have settled into League 1 this season, going along steadily but are up there, just outside the play-offs. Personally, I don’t think they’ll get in this season, but adding a few players in the summer and they’ll be there or thereabouts next season.
I’ll choose the 3 players we’ve also seen at Coventry:
Chris Birchall – exciting signing when we first got him but that quickly wore off. Didn’t really show anything special and the Championship found him out a little. However, you couldn’t say that he didn’t work hard and a steady player in this league.
Mark Marshall – Exciting and quick is what we found. Actually tried to make things happen. Disappointed not to extend his contract at the end of last season. Good signing for Port Vale.
Alex Nimely – very much a player that divided opinion here. Looked sharp in a lot of games, had pace to burn, was skilful and on his day caused defenders a hell of a lot of problems. He just didn’t do it enough. People look at his stats while he was here and as a striker he didn’t score anywhere near enough. But, I liked him… he was enterprising and I thought we were a better team with him than without him.
8. I didn’t go earlier this season. In fact, I’ve never had a chance to go to Vale Park. But I managed to listen to some of the game and I was surprised we managed to come away with a win. Mind you, any win for us at the moment is a bit of a shock!
9. There’s the obvious one – Micky Adams. Decent manager and, on the whole, remembered fondly at Coventry. Gave us our highest finish in the Championship. However, it all turned a bit sour the season after that and he left. Did a very good job with your lot up till he left.
10. I’d go with 2-2 and we stop your winning run (I think you’ll beat Oldham). Obviously, a former player HAS to score against us, so Marshall & Pope for Vale and Samuel & O’Brien for us.

Last edited:

lewys33

1. I’m Kevin, just completing a Masters degree.........

35xyux.jpg

Sorry had to be done, he doesn't want your life story mate! :sarcasm:

(I can take the piss because I am doing one as well!)

malkitccfc

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan? - I'm Malkit. The only asian in the world who doesn't support liverpool or man utd.
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)? - Expected us to be in or around the play offs. Been a terrible last few months but hopefully things are starting to look up.
3. Where you think you will finish in terms of league position? -Think we'll stay up, maybe around 18th
4. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)? - Samuel. Pacey and gets behind defences. But as with any new manager, the whole squad usually gets a boost.
5. What are your thoughts on your manager? - Mowbray is close to taking over we believe. Done well to bring in somebody of his calibre.
6. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities? - Lets move on swiftly to the next question.
7. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players? - Mark Marshall. Really rate him as a player. Tom Pope is a player i'd love to have at City too
8. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game? Was on holiday so missed the game ( hence we won)
9. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams? - Micky Adams, really liked him as our manager
10. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)? - boring game but fancy City to nick it 1-0. Samuel.

Grendel

1. I've supported the club since 1972 and have been a season ticket holder for most of that time.
2. I thought the squad was more than capable of holding its own in the division and expected top half. The under achievement of this is down solely to the departing manager, his dumb tactics, inflexibility and his cohort in the transfer market our CEO who fancies himself as a manager himself and would do even worse.
3. Now outside the relegation zone around 17th
4. Samuel who is head and shoulders above most players I have seen in the league.
5. Pleased at Mowbray - I think very few league one clubs would have secured him so at least it shows we have some status left.
6. It's too long an answer really. Suffice to say fans want a change
7. I don't know any opposition in this league. You have Marshall of course and what I saw of him last season he is capable in this league.
8. No
9 Has to be Peter Billing - One bizarre signing from the normally reliable Sillett. Seemed to acquire cult status more due to being a Scouse gap toothed hill billy than any ability.
10. I hope new manager effect gets us a much needed 2 nil win

Gazolba

Watch out for Webster, he's our best defender and likes to get forward on set pieces and score goals . He's deadly from the penalty spot and has scored 100% of those he's taken.

mrtrench

Watch out for Webster, he's our best defender and likes to get forward on set pieces and score goals . He's deadly from the penalty spot and has scored 100% of those he's taken.

I'd double mark him, even when he's sitting back in defence. He seems to have a supernatural ability to suddenly appear up front and score.

Users who are viewing this thread