Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager?
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
6. Any views on Port Vale & specific players?
7. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams (Micky Adams, Chris Birchall, Keith Houchen etc.)?

8. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Plymouth fans from our game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/opposing-views-plymouth/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Thursday 13th Marchand the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP

Sky Blue Harry H

Supported Cov since 1967 - bad for your health
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?
Better than expected after 10pt deduction, but injuries, sales and playing at Sixfields have finally impacted.
Calum Wilson,,,but if you're Micky Adams in disguise, then it's Conor Thomas for his goal poaching.
Pleased as punch with him, but hope he reverts to attacking full backs.
S**^^^5%$$$$$4&&&888. Enough said
First visit to your ground. Loved atmosphere, though it felt like going back to the seventies in terms of supporter mentality (no offence!)
7. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams (Micky Adams, Chris Birchall, Keith Houchen etc.)?
Liked M Adams, didn't realise Houch (legend) had been with you. Glad you got rid of Lee(spit) Hughes.

9-8 to us (Wilson4, Thomas 5
:eek:) and Pope gets all 8 for you.

Fine if you use my name

Last edited:

shmmeee

Cov born and bred. First game in 1990, ST holder almost every year since until this year. Now only go to the odd away game and follow on the radio.

Presently: awful, we fear being dragged into a relegation dogfight (if we're not already). If you'd asked us 3 months ago, we were amazing, on the way to the play-offs with super Steven Pressley. Now not so much. We lost Leon Clarke in January and haven't looked forward since. We replaced him with some bloke from Villa who does a terrible impression of a footballer and a 12 year old from Arsenal who cries off every other game with a note from Arsene (though he's back against you and pretty good).

We've had a terrible defence all season, but now ally it with a pretty poor front line. That said, Super Callum Wilson is back and things are looking up.

The aforementioned Super Callum Wilson. Cov lad, first full season out of the academy and he's faster than grease lightning and a better finisher than Harold Shipman. Failing that Petrasso on loan from QPR has been handy and Moussa has scored a bucketful from midfield.

Up until Christmas he was God. Now he's merely Jesus. Still to prove himself in the transfer market and when the going gets tough, but worked miracles with a small, young squad in the first half of the season and wants to play the right way. I've said before I'd hand him a 5 year contract and I stand by that. Until he had his top goal scorer walk out on him and not get replaced, we looked good value for the play-offs, and for a team that we all expected to get relegated, that's pretty special.

He's yet to show he has a Plan B or can get his teams to grind out results when the football isn't flowing, but him and his team are still learning.

They can all fuck off. (You really don't want to ask that question around here).

I know virtually nothing of them, except they tend to beat me in Football Manager and Mickey Adams is your manager. Does he still speak in the 3rd person?

Adams wasn't that bad, my only real memory is of him cupping his ears to Cov fans after a substitution pulled the game back. I quite liked him, and he had good players sold from under him (sound familiar?). Birchall was Mr Cellophane for me, a nothing player. Keith Houchen, though slightly before my time, is obviously a hero.

1-2 to you. Wilson for us. No idea who for you (sorry).

Cov born and bred. First game in 1990, ST holder almost every year since until this year. Now only go to the odd away game and follow on the radio.

Presently: awful, we fear being dragged into a relegation dogfight (if we're not already). If you'd asked us 3 months ago, we were amazing, on the way to the play-offs with super Steven Pressley. Now not so much. We lost Leon Clarke in January and haven't looked forward since. We replaced him with some bloke from Villa who does a terrible impression of a footballer and a 12 year old from Arsenal who cries off every other game with a note from Arsene (though he's back against you and pretty good).

We've had a terrible defence all season, but now ally it with a pretty poor front line. That said, Super Callum Wilson is back and things are looking up.

The aforementioned Super Callum Wilson. Cov lad, first full season out of the academy and he's faster than grease lightning and a better finisher than Harold Shipman. Failing that Petrasso on loan from QPR has been handy and Moussa has scored a bucketful from midfield.

Up until Christmas he was God. Now he's merely Jesus. Still to prove himself in the transfer market and when the going gets tough, but worked miracles with a small, young squad in the first half of the season and wants to play the right way. I've said before I'd hand him a 5 year contract and I stand by that. Until he had his top goal scorer walk out on him and not get replaced, we looked good value for the play-offs, and for a team that we all expected to get relegated, that's pretty special.

He's yet to show he has a Plan B or can get his teams to grind out results when the football isn't flowing, but him and his team are still learning.

They can all fuck off. (You really don't want to ask that question around here).

I know virtually nothing of them, except they tend to beat me in Football Manager and Mickey Adams is your manager. Does he still speak in the 3rd person?

Adams wasn't that bad, my only real memory is of him cupping his ears to Cov fans after a substitution pulled the game back. I quite liked him, and he had good players sold from under him (sound familiar?). Birchall was Mr Cellophane for me, a nothing player. Keith Houchen, though slightly before my time, is obviously a hero.

1-2 to you. Wilson for us. No idea who for you (sorry).

Thanks for the replies and sorry for asking the board question, its a general one that I ask all fans and I don't think I've had a positive view on any as yet. Football would it seems be much better without owners!

Users who are viewing this thread