Portsmouth Match thread (2 Viewers)

covmark

Oh well season over, I had a feeling we'd lose this game, if we're going to get a deduction the time is now

SkyBlue_Bear83

Season is over now, if a 10 point deduction is to come I would prefer it this season now. That said I would prefer no deduction at all

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would prefer us not getting into a relegation battle.

We won't be in a relegation battle, 50 points would likely be enough even if we didn't get another point this season . I don't think I could take starting next season on -10/15 and the season being over before it started

Nothing left to play for this season

psgm1

Banned
Just shows how shit elvis is! The only highlight has been away wins, now SP has taken the only bright spot in a horrendous season.

If we have to go into admin, it is surely better to get it out of the way this season, so next season start afresh with hopefully new owners.

I just cannot understand what SiSU hope to attain. They've burnt their bridges at the ricoh, council wont permit another ground, Fa wont allow them to build outside Cov and keep Cov's golden share, and walsall can only hold just over 11K!

They will only get in effect the away fans (1200 at most) and the away fans from the other league 1 clubs (1-2k at most) Do shit su really believe they can survive with numbers like that?

Even if the FA permit them to ground share with Walsall, I highly doubt they will give the Food & Drink money to SiSU either.

All shit stain have done is take away the name, the fans and the club will always remain in cov. No true cov fan is going to support MK Sky blues!

oakey

Many folk argued that the squad was not as strong as some were claiming and that we were too reliant on our centre forward: first Goldy, then Clarke. We have been very lucky to have had a virtually injury free ride until recently. The loss of Baker after losing Clarke has tipped us over the edge into a middling League One team. The off field issues haven't helped but should not blind us to reality: this squad is not good enough to go up.

ajsccfc

Just shows how shit elvis is! The only highlight has been away wins, now SP has taken the only bright spot in a horrendous season.

What, this single result with a depleted squad in the midst of uncertainty over the club's future? Yeah, that's his fault.

Moron.

fernandopartridge

4 games against the bottom 4, 7 points, pathetic and a clear indication that we're not only not good enough to get in the play offs. We're among the relegation certs next season with the coming points deduction.

Brighton Sky Blue

What, this single result with a depleted squad in the midst of uncertainty over the club's future? Yeah, that's his fault.

Moron.

City fans will say the playoffs are certain if we win and we're doomed if we lose. As predictable as SISU withholding rent.

italiahorse

Yes sir! Soz sir i will try harder.....up yours mate. There no need to take your shit out on me. The play off have been taken away from the players, and its not there fault. Its the fecking money grabbing bastards thats fecked our club. So is it really worth the effort anymore?

Dare I ask if you were there today?

chiefdave

Not going to go through the whole thread as I've already had to suffer being at the game! Started off OK but then seemed to fall apart when they scored and couldn't get any control back. When Thomas and Wilson came on we seemed like a different team. IMO we should stop playing all the loan players and let the likes of those 2 get some match time, nothing to lose now by doing that.

We were hammering on the pressure when the ref got conned by Eastwood claiming Wilson had taken him out when he didn't even touch up. We seemed to lose momentum there and they went down the other end and got a second - game over.

Ref made some strange decisions today. At one point Fleck rode about 3 fouls and as he got clear and in a good position the ref pulled it back for a free kick. Another time he played advantage when we didn't have the ball! End of the game was odd as well, how can you blow for full time when the physio is on giving a player treatment?

Some plus points, thought Christie looked very good today. Moussa had a decent game and like I said Wilson and Thomas looked lively when they came on. Pretty dire apart from that.

Ashdown1

Christie has been excellent for us for most of this season. Too many key players out now, we are nowhere near the team that was turning everyone over for two months before Xmas. The season is as good as over on the field. I agree, we may as well give the young guns a run in the team to gain a bit more experience.

mrtrench

Not going to go through the whole thread as I've already had to suffer being at the game! Started off OK but then seemed to fall apart when they scored and couldn't get any control back. When Thomas and Wilson came on we seemed like a different team. IMO we should stop playing all the loan players and let the likes of those 2 get some match time, nothing to lose now by doing that.

We were hammering on the pressure when the ref got conned by Eastwood claiming Wilson had taken him out when he didn't even touch up. We seemed to lose momentum there and they went down the other end and got a second - game over.

Ref made some strange decisions today. At one point Fleck rode about 3 fouls and as he got clear and in a good position the ref pulled it back for a free kick. Another time he played advantage when we didn't have the ball! End of the game was odd as well, how can you blow for full time when the physio is on giving a player treatment?

Some plus points, thought Christie looked very good today. Moussa had a decent game and like I said Wilson and Thomas looked lively when they came on. Pretty dire apart from that.

Broadly agree. I think there was some contact on Eastwood and he certainly fell badly - but I don't think there was any intent from Wilson. That new left back is poor, and McDonald is not a lone striker - he clearly needs to play off a big guy who can hold it up and nod it on. Jutkiewicz and McDonald would've been good together for example.

Portsmouth looked very poor. We were worse.

Users who are viewing this thread