Post office - wrong accusations (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Completely unbelievable

I wonder how many of us would have stood by our friends?

The kind of injustice you’d hoped we’d no longer make

fernandopartridge

It's been known about for years and years, it was covered extensively by Private Eye. I hope the wrongly accused postmasters are heavily compensated, I think a lifetime of earnings would be a good starting point.

clint van damme

It's been known about for years and years, it was covered extensively by Private Eye. I hope the wrongly accused postmasters are heavily compensated, I think a lifetime of earnings would be a good starting point.

The PO have set up a fund but they're trying to short change them as you can imagine though I think there have been some interim payments.

Not sure if the interim payments have only gone to ones who won he court case because there are other 600 plus people affected.

The postmaster affected want to be reimbursed for their own money they put into cover shortages as well as compensation which is only right.

I think there should be some board level prosecutions over this. It went way beyond a software glitch.
For example, they maintained to postmasters who had come up short that they were the only ones affected even though they knew there were 100s of others.

Nick

Administrator
Have seen it on the news but don't really know what happened.

The PO accused Post Masters of stealing money when they didn't? I saw some had actually paid the money back when they did nothing wrong.

Absolutely terrible as there are going to be so many lives ruined by it.

clint van damme

Have seen it on the news but don't really know what happened.

The PO accused Post Masters of stealing money when they didn't? I saw some had actually paid the money back when they did nothing wrong.

Absolutely terrible as there are going to be so many lives ruined by it.

It was a glitch in some new software they introduced.
One woman kept making up the shortfall from her own money. She lost her house, and when she had nothing left to make the shortfall up with they prosecuted and she went to jail. She was pregnant at the time

I don't think k her story was unique. Terrible ordeal for those affected, and for their families.

chiefdave

Fucking hell, how did they not realise it was a glitch?
They knew all about it but decided sending people to prison and trying to cover up the IT failures was the best option.
At the Royal Courts of Justice in London, Lord Justice Holroyde said the Post Office "knew there were serious issues about the reliability of Horizon" and had a "clear duty to investigate" the system's defects.
But the Post Office "consistently asserted that Horizon was robust and reliable" and "effectively steamrolled over any sub-postmaster who sought to challenge its accuracy", the judge added.

covmark

It was a glitch in some new software they introduced.
One woman kept making up the shortfall from her own money. She lost her house, and when she had nothing left to make the shortfall up with they prosecuted and she went to jail. She was pregnant at the time

I don't think k her story was unique. Terrible ordeal for those affected, and for their families.
Fucking hell. Bastards that covered it up should do time. Utter cunts.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I know. How terrible that is to live your last days with that hanging over you. It should be on the front page of the news.

one fella I heard interviewed was crying because his son had died and he said he died before he saw me clear my name which must have been heartbreaking though i'm sure his son knew he was innocent.

Users who are viewing this thread