Pre-Season Italian job!! (1 Viewer)

Astute

I hope to be. Just trying to sort something

Let me know if you can make it. Will see about picking you up from the airport if you like. Staying in a villa near Asti. About an hour from Milan and Turin.

Astute

If you are coming by yourself we can see about you having a night or two there. The back garden is a vineyard. We get to drink the produce :p Might have to take family to where the games are, but they will be sight seeing. Wife could drive so we could check out the local hospitality. There will be 6 of us and we will be in a big 7 seater so will be room for one more.

And I know how much you love the pre season games.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If you are coming by yourself we can see about you having a night or two there. The back garden is a vineyard. We get to drink the produce :p Might have to take family to where the games are, but they will be sight seeing. Wife could drive so we could check out the local hospitality. There will be 6 of us and we will be in a big 7 seater so will be room for one more.

And I know how much you love the pre season games.

I'm looking at prices for the week, going Sunday to Sunday. Just wish they'd announce something quickly! Fortunately time already pre booked off work so once arrangements known I'll be booking up.

Might be meeting others over there, but thanks though. Will confirm nearer the time. Could meet up at the game, put a face to the name!

Sick Boy

I've been sunning myself on the Lake today. If you're staying near to Turin it's going to be around 3-4hours driving.

Astute

I'm looking at prices for the week, going Sunday to Sunday. Just wish they'd announce something quickly! Fortunately time already pre booked off work so once arrangements known I'll be booking up.

Might be meeting others over there, but thanks though. Will confirm nearer the time. Could meet up at the game, put a face to the name!

Would be great.

Leaving Lake Geneva Saturday 19th late morning/early afternoon. Will be taking 4 year old lad to at least one game, but if any games are out of the way I could get the wife to drive. This would mean we could have a good drink and not worry about the journey. This would leave us with 5 free seats. Been doing up a Grand voyager to go in. Running on gas now so cheap to run. 75c a litre in Italy. Needed when you have a 3.3 V6 engine in a car weighing about 2.5t :D Nearly finished fitting an overhead DVD player. Will find out some CCFC DVD's to get us in the mood.

Sky Blue Harry H

Well with one week to go, it doesn't look like any things going to be planned, least not with enough time for fans to be able to arrange anything to get over :(

Feel sorry for you mate - it must be a pain for those like you that try to make these matches - at least your bank account will be a bit healthier ;)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Feel sorry for you mate - it must be a pain for those like you that try to make these matches - at least your bank account will be a bit healthier ;)

Very true!

Just read on Sky Sports that Leeds have gone over there and have had to field 2 x Leeds teams just to get a match on for the fans as the opposition failed to turn up! Maybe they're using the same sports management as we have appointed :D

Astute

Well with one week to go, it doesn't look like any things going to be planned, least not with enough time for fans to be able to arrange anything to get over :(

If anything is arranged late in the day we should be able to sort something out as long as you can get a flight.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If anything is arranged late in the day we should be able to sort something out as long as you can get a flight.

Thanks Astute. I'm still hoping something is announced. Got the time off work so once I know what's happening ill book up. Just wish they'd announce something prompto. Have tweeted the club but imagine I'll get a usual reply along the lines of 'we'll announce something when we can'. Might be too late by then!

Astute

As long as you can get a flight out you will be OK. The wife will have dozens of bottles of wine and I will have cases of Peroni. We never make plans more than one day in advance. And like I said there is a spare seat in the motor even if the whole family goes.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well it's drawing ever closer and the only mention of the team going over is the constant 'this player / that player will be joining us in Italy'. Well that's all well and good, but what will we be doing in Italy? The CET say today there is 3 fixtures, but is that confirmed? Is that assumption based on the last couple of pre seasons?

Looking like my plan B will become my Plan A!

Sounds familiar!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Steven Pressley's side will face AS Roma B and Chievo Verona during next week's pre-season tour of Italy...

Coventry City can now confirm two pre-season friendlies during their pre-season tour of Italy.

The Sky Blues fly out to Molveno, Northern Italy on Sunday and will return on Saturday, July 26th as part of their 2014/15 League One season preparations.

Steven Pressley's side will face AS Roma B on Monday, July 21st, with kick-off at 6pm local time (5pm UK time), at the Levico Terme Stadium in Levico Terme.

City will then face Italian Serie A side Chievo Verona on Wednesday, July 23rd, with kick-off at 6pm local time (5pm UK time), at the Sanzeno di Montagna stadium, Trentino.

Our tour operators and FIFA match agents are looking to confirm a potential third friendly as soon as possible and the club will confirm the fixture in due course.

City manager Steven Pressley and all the players look forward to meeting those fans intending to travel to Italy next week.

Bagsy

For anyone going and staying in the Trento/Dolomites region I'd recommend doing a day trip out to Alpe Di Siusi near Bolzano. It's about 45 min drive from Trento. Innsbruck in Austria is also worth a visit if you have a day, takes about 2 hours on the train!

Sadly the fact they have released the fixture 3 days before it starts means I can't go :(

Astute

SW88 have replied to your messages. First time I've been online since I left home. Just seen the games on this thread. Will be going to them all if nothing pre arranged. Only got one day arranged in the next week. Getting pissed on 66cl bottles of Peroni at only 99c each.

CJ_covblaze

Driving over for the Chievo game. We're leaving Tuesday evening, arrive at what appears to be a field on Apple maps to watch the game and come home. Going through 7 countries!

CJ_covblaze

SW88 have replied to your messages. First time I've been online since I left home. Just seen the games on this thread. Will be going to them all if nothing pre arranged. Only got one day arranged in the next week. Getting pissed on 66cl bottles of Peroni at only 99c each.

Make yourself known Astute. Be good to put a name to a face.

CJ_covblaze

Astute

Make yourself known Astute. Be good to put a name to a face.

Nice one CJ will see you there.

You will be able to spot me easily. Will be with my four year old son. We will have our yellow away tops on. I am just over 6' and about 17 st. And if I can get the wife to drive me to the games I will have a bottle of Peroni in my hand :D

CJ_covblaze

Nice one CJ will see you there.

You will be able to spot me easily. Will be with my four year old son. We will have our yellow away tops on. I am just over 6' and about 17 st. And if I can get the wife to drive me to the games I will have a bottle of Peroni in my hand :D

Good stuff. Should be a good trip.

Users who are viewing this thread