Pre-Season Italian job!! (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: Tudgay has just seen his shot deflected wide. It's a corner for the Sky Blues

covmark

Pre season going well, first game abandoned, 2nd game lost and this one is going to end up goalie v goalie.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: The corner came to nothing for City. The best of the action so far (aside from the four red cards) has seen Kalloni skipper Manousos come close from long range.

SlowerThanPlatt

HALF-TIME: That's all for the first half. It's two-two in terms of red cards, but crucially, it's Coventry City 0-0 AEL Kalloni in terms of goals.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What an interesting your it sounds this year! This sounds beyond belief!

Atleast the ref gave both teams change to make up the numbers only for them both to mess up his game plan of it finishing (or going on longer than a couple of minutes) with 11 on each side ;)

Pressley says these games are about ringing out the cracks. Well as Nick says, we lacked in our bite last year so this is an improvement :D

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: There's a few changes for the Sky Blues.
Connor Thomas, Dan Seaborne and Danny Swanson all take to the pitch with Lawton, O'Brien and Clarke making way.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: James Maddison is coming in for some rough treatment from the Greek side's centre-backs here.
Bizarrely, the referee is letting it go.
Maybe he's all worn out.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: And just like that - we have a chance!
Kalloni are through on goal and it's a relative sitter but Manousos can only fire it wide.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: It's another triple substitution for the Sky Blues.
Willis, Fleck and Miller come on for Haynes, Webster and Tudgay respectively.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: City are playing some lovely football. There's brilliant one-touch passing behind enjoyed by the Sky Blues now.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: Maddison is looking terrific here for Coventry. His skill is a joy to behold.
He only looks like a schoolboy.

Maddison is going to be brilliant, I tell you.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: City are enjoying lots of possession during the second-half. They are currently camped in the Greek side's territory.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: Maddison is working tirelessly for the cause. He is tracking back to help defend as well as looking lively in attack.

kg82

Is Maddison up front? I thought he was a midfielder? He does sound promising though!

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: Sky Blues will feel they have been hard done by here if it remains scoreless.
They deserve a goal for all their possession and endeavour, in all honesty.

SlowerThanPlatt

CITY 0-0 AEL KALLONI: In truth, the game has been pretty tame since the ridiculous opening exchanges.
It's been a case of both teams becoming too scared to be physical and it's ended up in a rather tepid affair.

SlowerThanPlatt

FULL-TIME: COVENTRY 0-0 AEL KALLONI
It ended scoreless but it wasn't without its drama. Four players saw red in an explosive first-half in Italy, with the Sky Blues playing the better football against the twelfth best side in Greece.

Sterling Archer

I have to say. This pre season tour is making me feel better about the upcoming season.

Never take notice of pre season results.

Schoolboy error no.1 in supporting a footy team.

I remember one pre season under Coleman where we won virtually all of our friendlies - finished 19th

I remember another pre season where we lost most of our friendlies - finished 19th

kg82

I remember one pre season under Coleman where we won virtually all of our friendlies - finished 19th

I remember another pre season where we lost most of our friendlies - finished 19th

Absolutely!

junglej13

I think we are going to be a lot tighter at the back this season but we still need a bit more pace and flair in the team. Cant see many goals coming from the current midfield.

Astute

What a bloody joke today has been. Had a debate with my wife this morning. Wanted to go to the game so cancelled our day in Venice. Got a message from orange that I had nearly reached my limit unless I sent a text to remove the limit. Only just now got net working after a couple of hours altogether on the phone to them. What a joke. Only got anywhere with them once through to UK centre. Had been told limit had been taken off but it hadn't. Missed the game because of them. Didn't have a clue where it was. Ended up staying here and getting pissed. What a bitch.

Getting a little worried about the lack of goals. Hope we had more chances today.

turlykerd

So the moral of the story is ....

We always finish 19th !!!

Seriously though, it's nice to be playing a higher level and not getting embarrassed :)

I've also become accustom to false dawns with city , not so much pessimistic , but a city optimist with a bunch of teeth missing from being kicked in them annually by our owners ,current and long gone .

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What a bloody joke today has been. Had a debate with my wife this morning. Wanted to go to the game so cancelled our day in Venice. Got a message from orange that I had nearly reached my limit unless I sent a text to remove the limit. Only just now got net working after a couple of hours altogether on the phone to them. What a joke. Only got anywhere with them once through to UK centre. Had been told limit had been taken off but it hadn't. Missed the game because of them. Didn't have a clue where it was. Ended up staying here and getting pissed. What a bitch.

Getting a little worried about the lack of goals. Hope we had more chances today.

Not having much luck are you Astute. I think the trek you made yesterday has made up for the two you missed alone though!

Do you not get texts from orange asking you to buy add ons? I've been getting them over here and just paid £1 for 10mb every so often, using wifi in the hotel in the meantime (I'd be lost without that. No pun intended :D )

Users who are viewing this thread