Prediction League 2017/2018 (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

I predict the Prediction League won't work.

Sky Blue Harry H

I stopped filling it in when Bradford Park Avenue's game was called off in the winter of 1963 - enough was enough

Nick

Administrator
I think I have found a way to hack it now to add the results, have most people given up with it now though?

It means I can get something tidied up for next season so it works then.

Nick

Administrator
Thats what I thought, it took me a while to hack the code about but I should be able to do it so I can input the scores and fixtures manually.

Not much point me spending hours doing it if everybody isnt doing it now :(

Gazolba

Pointless continuing now.
I entered my results for the entire season with the intention of refining them as the season went on and I continued doing that long after the results stopped being updated.
But even I have my limits, and I gave up on that quite a while ago.
What a total waste of time this whole thing has been!
I've spent hours analysing stats and league tables and entering results.

Astute

If people can see their ranking improve - even after one week's results have been entered - they're more likely to continue playing.
Not when they have missed a month or two :smuggrin:

Nick

Administrator
No the games won't be automated, so it will be a case of going through every fixture and putting the score in.

Can do it if enough people would be happy with it and could just split the prize across top 3 or 4? Does that sound OK as I think it's probably about 3 or 4 people who have persevered all season.

Gazolba

This season's league should be declared null and void.
It would not be fair to declare a winner since so many people who might have won gave up making predictions.

Nick

Administrator
I am going to code one from scratch for next season, it might not be as pretty looking but it will work!

Any suggestions for improvements from the last one? (Besides working)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I am going to code one from scratch for next season, it might not be as pretty looking but it will work!

Any suggestions for improvements from the last one? (Besides working)
Yeah, make all the results 2-1. I might win then! :emoji_smile::emoji_smile::emoji_smile::emoji_smile::emoji_smile:

cov_george

Just put my final predictions in for the season, going on past results for this season I think I've had a terrible season.

Good luck to all that have persevered through the whole season not knowing where you stand.

Looking forward to working prediction league next season

Gazolba

I expect there'll be a major drop in participation next season considering how much time we all wasted this season.

Users who are viewing this thread