preferred bidder is sisu (1 Viewer)

theferret

When i was growing up my address used to be, Benton green lane, Berkswell, near Coventry, so will we be called near Coventry city fc.

OK, don't rub it in with your fancy address! Binley was OK. The poverty was character building :p

ajsccfc

The vast majority of the people 'that's it, I'm done' will be posting as normal and following the latest fun boardroom japes, it's quite understandable as a reaction as people are justifiably angered by faint hope apparently disappearing.

I don't put too much stock in the RIP stuff, nothing's really changed or been drastic today.

Brighton Sky Blue

The vast majority of the people 'that's it, I'm done' will be posting as normal and following the latest fun boardroom japes, it's quite understandable as a reaction as people are justifiably angered by faint hope apparently disappearing.

I don't put too much stock in the RIP stuff, nothing's really changed or been drastic today.

Not quite but it is a major step forward in Tim's plan to help SISU lose all their money so that ACL look bad.

Brighton Sky Blue

What I mean is that a club on the edge of the city, but just the other side of the administrative boundary, is still considered part of the urban area - much is the same way that Brighton are in the Brighton conurbation but outside the local authority area that covers Brighton itself. So, if the Ricoh was moved 100 yards north I don't think any of us would lose sleep over it not technically being in Coventry, would we?

Clearly, move more that a few miles outside the urban area and I would agree with you entirely.

None of this will happen though!

Not quite-some of the land was covered by Brighton council, it was the car park that fell under Lewes district.

J

Jack Griffin

Hucks just commented

Darren Huckerby ‏@hucks6dh6 36m
Just seen the #ccfc buyers are the same people that got Cov into this shit in the first place?Is someone taking the piss! #Ridiculous #Pusb

Yeah, we're all fed up of this pantomime.

An article from 2011 with the orange one about OTIUM:

... In his written reply Mr Dulieu’s said: “The group structure was changed to include Otium Entertainment Group Limited in April. OEG was placed into the ownership structure as a result of the fund-raising that took place at the time.
“For the avoidance of doubt, OEG was set-up as a vehicle to allow the ultimate shareholder of Coventry City FC to provide the football club with working capital at a time when such an injection was vital.
“At no time has OEG been viewed as anything other than a vehicle for raising new money for Coventry City. Otium is not a ‘mystery’ company. The ownership structure was disclosed in CCFC’s regular filings to the Football League and the FA in June.
“The directors are the same as those at the ultimate holding company Sky Blue, including the corporate secretary who also acts as secretary to the whole group of companies, including Coventry City Football Club Limited and Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited.”

Fuck Otium I remember the conspiracy theories at the time. Took our eyes off the ball there didn't we people. No wonder no one has mentioned them recently, especially as the fans forums where Fisher was being "so open about things".

So, Otium this firm set up by SISU Spring 2011 to allow the 'ultimate shareholder' (SISU I'm guessing) "to provide the football club with working capital at a time when such an injection was vital." are now in control of CCFC with SISU appointed directors. So I assume Otium Entertainment is not technically a hedge fund, but is reliant on one (SISU and there investors). Can Otium now look for other investors?

And... if we asked the question 'does SISU own Otium?' would the answer be yes? or would SISU answer be 'no Otium is an independant company in it's own right that SISU fund?'

So officially is CCFC owned by SISU now or not?

I wait with baited breath to find out where the first game will be played?

Also, I'd love to hear an interview with Pressley right now. I know he said he concentrates on the football not the boardroom but surely this must now be affecting the squad.

Got any links to those? Genuinely interested.

I was quoting from sw88 post earlier in this thread (page 5 or 6) which has more details about the Otium conspiracy that Otium had been set up to prepare for administration, etc.

Here is a link to a thread from 2011 >>LINK<< there are others.

But I guess we got immune to conspiracy theories and when nothing happened we all thought 'we were just being paranoid'

One post in that thread that particularly concerns me now is

The club has the buy back deal agree on the stadium not this new company (Otium).I

If we are correct Otium now owns CCFC (the club). No? Although I guess that contract is now in the shredder!

Last edited:

georgehudson

sorry nw but that notion is surely an anachronism,
sisu's interest is only for their investors, who, are of course,
anonymous,
they need to show a profitable return, thus,
f**k you coventry,
'i did it my way'
i think the words of the song say it

Another thought! (which should worry Sheffield fans more than us).

Re: Fisher's odd statement about Sheffield Wednesday the other night. If Otium now own Coventry. Does that mean SISU no longer control a football team and pave the way to buy another one?

Users who are viewing this thread