Press release (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Thats what I mean about that guy who protested at Chesterfield, he behaved properly and his flag remained....

LB87ccfc

I remember the last SISU out protest at the Ricoh - bedsheets were confiscated and people were running up and down in block 15 and trying to get on the pitch, mostly pissed up and fighting with themselves. The team looked petrified.

Should look very dignified on Monday night on TV.

The cameras are above the stand, therefore no TV coverage would be shown should this be the outcome at any stage during the event., Sky may or may not provide 30 seconds of coverage showing the plaques that are held up and move on to the commentary of the match.

Nick

Administrator
The cameras are above the stand, therefore no TV coverage would be shown should this be the outcome at any stage during the event., Sky may or may not provide 30 seconds of coverage showing the plaques that are held up and move on to the commentary of the match.

So surely if they are above the stand whats the point of holding them up there? Why not take over the block opposite the cameras and do it?

LB87ccfc

So surely if they are above the stand whats the point of holding them up there? Why not take over the block opposite the cameras and do it?

Their will be cameras at pitch level which would be used to showcase the stand holding the plaques should it occur as planned, however valid point.

Will be interesting on the gates, the club will be fully aware of this now and I imagine the oldbill / stewards will be on the gates confiscating any banners etc that are deemed unsafe before they even enter the stadium facilities.

Nick

Administrator
Their will be cameras at pitch level which would be used to showcase the stand holding the plaques should it occur as planned, however valid point.

Will be interesting on the gates, the club will be fully aware of this now and I imagine the oldbill / stewards will be on the gates confiscating any banners etc that are deemed unsafe before they even enter the stadium facilities.

The thing is though, if they are going to show the protest, of course they would show it if it kicked off...

The only way around that is by making sure that the flag is safe, play by the rules like the chesterfield guy...

If people go storming in with "heres my sisu out flag you fucking bellends" and giving the stewards grief I am pretty sure they will be bastards back. Do as the chesterfield guy seemed to do, treat them with respect (even if you dont think they deserve it) and play it completely down the line... Then you will have a point if they are taken away.

georgehudson

why have sisu committed to employing a hugely expensive PR company ?
why is there a continued run-down of the club,
is it possible for sisu to change their minds & actually invest in the club ?
why have the FA allowed the current state of affairs to develop at CCFC ?
just how do our owners class as fit and proper ?
i'm not surprised at the growing state of unrest

LB87ccfc

why have sisu committed to employing a hugely expensive PR company ?
why is there a continued run-down of the club,
is it possible for sisu to change their minds & actually invest in the club ?
why have the FA allowed the current state of affairs to develop at CCFC ?
just how do our owners class as fit and proper ?
i'm not surprised at the growing state of unrest

The FA could not give a shit it would be handled by the FL who could not give a shit because as long as we are fulfilling fixtures, in their eyes, SISU are not committing any wrongdoings.

The only plausible outcome for SISU to start having a healthy return in this football club is A - invest in the playing squad properly in order to gain promotion from league one, this would result in a healthy balance for promotion, as well as a positive bank sheet for larger gate receipts as we would be playing championship football with higher home and away attendances at the Ricoh ( for now).

This would also allow them to showcase the club to perspective sponsors which would enable a higher percentage of income.

Unfortunately they do not have a brain cell between them so this will never happen just like the imaginary fisher fantasy land.

skybluetom

Am I the only person that finds this protest group thing odd?

Why be anonymous? Most want Sisu out, that's hardly an exclusive club is it. They're just losing themselves credability and potential support because it's just weird quite frankly.

Last edited:

chiefdave

How are Sky going to reference it when nobody really seems sure what the protest is about?

In the past when there have been protests at televised games the broadcaster has been contracted and given all the details, with the details being kept simple so they can easily pass it on to the viewer. Hence the coverage of the people on the hill, Arsenal etc looked half decent and got the message across.

If this is shown what are they going to say, 'some people are holding red cards up, nobody really seems to know why', that'll have a huge impact!

chiefdave

Am I the only person that finds this protest group thing odd?

Why be anonymous? Most want Sisu out, that's hardly an exclusive club is it. They're just losing themselves credability and potential support because it's just weird quite frankly.

On twitter they've coming out with things like we have families as a reason. It's not likely that people are going to turn up at their houses or threaten their families if anyone knows who it us. It just creates doubt, for all we know this is SISU's new PR team trying to distract us from the real issues.

Ian1779

On twitter they've coming out with things like we have families as a reason. It's not likely that people are going to turn up at their houses or threaten their families if anyone knows who it us. It just creates doubt, for all we know this is SISU's new PR team trying to distract us from the real issues.

The people asking why they are remaining anonymous are the least likely to start haranguing relatives on social media...

Nick

Administrator

Or trying to get bums on seats against Swindon ;)

Great_Expectations

Twenty four hours on from the apparently provocative press release and we still have no answers, be it short term (plans for the actual event) or long term (objectives, next steps).

If this is an illustration of the professionalism of the consortiums interested (and presumably involved in instigating the protest, be it directly or indirectly), I'm excited.

peekingtom

We need too make our presence known in the non working class areas of the ground too make an impact , Nick there is no need to reply to my comment, and you should remember you are an administrator not a dictator .

zuni

Twenty four hours on from the apparently provocative press release and we still have no answers, be it short term (plans for the actual event) or long term (objectives, next steps).

If this is an illustration of the professionalism of the consortiums interested (and presumably involved in instigating the protest, be it directly or indirectly), I'm excited.

sorry havent read all the thread...what consortium...have they mentioned knowing of one...?

Ian1779

We need too make our presence known in the non working class areas of the ground too make an impact , Nick there is no need to reply to my comment, and you should remember you are an administrator not a dictator .

So admin aren't allowed an opinion... because you dictated it...the irony.

Nick

Administrator

Can you translate this into sense? Who have I tried to dictate? Do you know what you are talking about or did you hear somebody else say it and think it would sound good?

Surely the people dictating are the ones trying to tell others what to think or do? Ie if you don't back us you can watch ccfc get liquidated.

Don't play with words you don't know about.

oldfiver

Thats what I mean about that guy who protested at Chesterfield, he behaved properly and his flag remained....

Nick, how about a radical counter idea?

Set up a support CCFC campaign until say Easter and see what reaction that has on players and management ?

Do not see why the "anti's" should get all the forum space

Covstu

I think I am going to bring my 'WEST' placard to the game :)

Surely any protest should be more sustained than one game (which is probably likely to get a much lower attendance than our current attendances), again the more people going through the gates is increasing profit in to SISU's greedy pockets isn't it??

Still think the mass walkout would be more visual?

Nick

Administrator
27,000 posts tells me all i need to know about a dictator, an administrator should be discrete .
What does it tell you then? Come on spit it out...

Have you looked up what dictator means yet?

Looks like the followers liked it though, that's a high five right there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread