Pressley: Promising young manager. Not a Genius (1 Viewer)

Samo

Did anyone else tonight know that the deep press in the first half would lead to problems? 75-85% Arsenal posession!!! As soon as he said it in the pre-match interview I feared the worst! I'm glad we have him and I hope he stays but could we resist offering him our bumholes?

Sky Blue Sheepy

Granted it was a mistake but I'm pretty sure even Sir Alex has made them before and there was some reasoning behind the decision. Credit where it's due though, changed the style which put Arsenal under pressure

ccfcway

you do know that after the 1st minute was complete, we still had 100% possession, so I would argue we dominated the start of the game

Hercules

Don't over-analyse the game tonight. There is little that can shed light on how we would play against our peers in the 3rd division.

I doubt if Arsenal got out of 2nd gear.

Samo

our team cost about the same as a yearly boot deal for one of the players

Agreed and fair enough. I would rather we had gone toe to toe and lost 6-0 than compromise our style. Everyone (including my cat) knows what happens when you give Arsenal 80% of the play.

Monners

He's a young manager and admitted tht he got it wrong with his post match interview. But he clearly understands the game and he players have complete trust in him. Nothing lost at all tonight at all (apart form the game of course)

Users who are viewing this thread