Presssley (1 Viewer)

mcm sky blue

Is it just me or do other people feel like it's back to the Thorne days? We are miles away from what we was last season at the start

The Gentleman

SISU blah blah blah.... bet some of you are creaming yourselves this evening as you have another opportunity to slag off the owners.

Only people responsible for today is the players and the manager. What I want to see now is a reaction from them - starting on Wednesday.

As I said in my other post I do blame Pressley, the very fact that you come out with shite like "creaming yourselves" simply shows that you do not think that Sisu are responsible for the playing budget for this season and every one before it while they have been here. Waggot seems to have as much of a say in transfer dealings as Pressley and they all seem to share the same fucking useless vision for the way the club is run, the way we set up, the way the club is run, the way the academy is used and ultimately the way we play football so when you absolve Sisu of any responsibility for today just shows that you are part of the clueless club that won't blame Sisu at all.

Grendel

The fact is that there would be 30 plus managers all with league experience applying to the day he is fired.

The other fact is Worcester are a club beset with their own financial woes and issues.

There can be no excuses.

If this doesn't improve quickly he has to go

Ian1779

As I said in my other post I do blame Pressley, the very fact that you come out with shite like "creaming yourselves" simply shows that you do not think that Sisu are responsible for the playing budget for this season and every one before it while they have been here. Waggot seems to have as much of a say in transfer dealings as Pressley and they all seem to share the same fucking useless vision for the way the club is run, the way we set up, the way the club is run, the way the academy is used and ultimately the way we play football so when you absolve Sisu of any responsibility for today just shows that you are part of the clueless club that won't blame Sisu at all.

I don't absolve SISU of any responsibility at all. But today's performance came mostly from the other team wanting it more. You can't coach or train desire into people. If we had shown half of the tenacity, passion and guts they did we wouldn't be debating this now.

The owners are partly responsible for the playing budget... but so is the turnover. If we can't make money we will be left with shit.

If SISU fuck off tomorrow the problem will still remain.

skybluepm2

Who can he bring in with nothing done well to sign who he has your deluded if you think it's pressely

If you knew how to use a full stop, I may have taken the time to reply to actually respond to this ridiculous statement. Sadly, you don't and it makes no sense. Look at his piss poor record..look at his signings..listen to the same regurgitated press conferences week in week out..the man is a deluded fool who has hidden behind the Shitfields move and inheriting the best strike force in the league.

Yes SISU sold them from beneath him as the man has no bollocks and merely nods his head, but with the 30+ signings he has brought in, how many would you seem to be successful? 6 shocking strikers currently at the club and 2 even worse goalkeepers. For me, that is an issue in itself. His record is untenable!

letsallsingtogether

SISU blah blah blah.... bet some of you are creaming yourselves this evening as you have another opportunity to slag off the owners.

Only people responsible for today is the players and the manager. What I want to see now is a reaction from them - starting on Wednesday.

So by selling all our best players and then replacing them with sub standard players is nothing to do with the owners.
It is all to do with them 100% and BTW would waste my spit on them never mind anything else.

I will still be there on Wednesday just can't see us getting anything this season unless they invest in January.....

The Gentleman

I don't absolve SISU of any responsibility at all. But today's performance came mostly from the other team wanting it more. You can't coach or train desire into people. If we had shown half of the tenacity, passion and guts they did we wouldn't be debating this now.

The owners are partly responsible for the playing budget... but so is the turnover. If we can't make money we will be left with shit.

If SISU fuck off tomorrow the problem will still remain.

And you know this for a fact. Can you give me the lottery numbers for next week please. The simple fact is that whether you like it or not (and I'm of the opinion that you wouldn't like it if they went) it would give the club a shot in the arm. There are still fans who won't go until Sisu fuck off and new owners may put more money into the club to achieve success rather than wasting money trying to sue people for there own gain and not giving a flying fuck for us and the club they own.

Ian1779

So by selling all our best players and then replacing them with sub standard players is nothing to do with the owners.
It is all to do with them 100% and BTW would waste my spit on them never mind anything else.

I will still be there on Wednesday just can't see us getting anything this season unless they invest in January.....

No excuse for professional footballers not to beat semi-pro's from the 8th tier.

And by the way - we've been selling our best players and replacing them with sub-standard ones for the last 30 years.

Ian1779

And you know this for a fact. Can you give me the lottery numbers for next week please. The simple fact is that whether you like it or not (and I'm of the opinion that you wouldn't like it if they went) it would give the club a shot in the arm. There are still fans who won't go until Sisu fuck off and new owners may put more money into the club to achieve success rather than wasting money trying to sue people for there own gain and not giving a flying fuck for us and the club own.

I may not know this for a fact - but equally you are assuming that a new owner will just pile money in without a second thought.. especially given how previous encumberments have done it and have got fuck all to show for it.

Fan's that won't go until SISU have gone will soon have another excuse not to go.

Brighton Sky Blue

Given a gap of 3 divisions and millions of pounds in turnover it can only mean that today's 11 didn't care. Either their manager also doesn't care or he doesn't know how to get his team motivated enough to beat fecking Worcester at home. I would like to say give him till New Year to sort it out and if he doesn't sack him and give someone else the January window to do it instead but with this guy I think he is legitimately doing his best and still producing rubbish.

He has to be put out of his misery soon. Robins inherited a dire bunch under a clueless predecessor and transformed it pretty quick-not too late for someone similar to do it again.

The Gentleman

I may not know this for a fact - but equally you are assuming that a new owner will just pile money in without a second thought.. especially given how previous encumberments have done it and have got fuck all to show for it.

Fan's that won't go until SISU have gone will soon have another excuse not to go.

I said MAY put more money in, so not assuming am I. For the record, in the past CCFC have signed good players after selling good ones, it's just that we cannot remember them very often because of Sisu's fucking shite policy. But let me guess, you're one of the people that think that Sisu's vision is a good one?

coop

Today more than most days I'm embarrassed to be a cov fan the players should give there wages back.

Ian1779

I said MAY put more money in, so not assuming am I. For the record, in the past CCFC have signed good players after selling good ones, it's just that we cannot remember them very often because of Sisu's fucking shite policy. But let me guess, you're one of the people that think that Sisu's vision is a good one?

No as I have said before - the club has to be able to break even. That's a good model to work towards. SISU's execution of that vision is fucking terrible.

shmmeee

No as I have said before - the club has to be able to break even. That's a good model to work towards. SISU's execution of that vision is fucking terrible.

Going to do some blue sky thinking here, but: Does it?

No other fucker seems to. Why are we fighting with one hand behind our back? Honour?

The game is fucked, there's a large part of me that's starting to think that aiming to break even in the current climate is like holding up an umbrella in a tsunami.

Ian1779

Going to do some blue sky thinking here, but: Does it?

No other fucker seems to. Why are we fighting with one hand behind our back? Honour?

The game is fucked, there's a large part of me that's starting to think that aiming to break even in the current climate is like holding up an umbrella in a tsunami.

I actually agree.... but we've been waiting for the arse to fallout of football for the last 10 years and it doesn't seem to be coming.

SkyblueBazza

The fact is that there would be 30 plus managers all with league experience applying to the day he is fired.

The other fact is Worcester are a club beset with their own financial woes and issues.

There can be no excuses.

If this doesn't improve quickly he has to go

Maybe the team read your (& others) comments on another thread saying you don't bother going to FA Cup games as we've no chance of winning the Cup...& though "so why should WE bother?" - saving theirselves for JPT which we have a more realistic chance of winning?

PUSB

Bluescarf

people go on about the selling of Clarke and Wilson and fairplay .but ive always wonderd about how blair adams and baker seemed to just be brushed to one side ,and the shite that was loaned in and mansett shipped out ,then looseing mousa ,not keeping hold of marshall,and murphy,who I believe got us threw the second half of last season,ok Christie wanted out we couldn't stop that,but its got to be mis management ,I remember us selling Atherton and pierce to Wednesday then the irish lad babb , had a good world cup and ended up going to Liverpool,.

Hes dismantled Robins team and he was doing well with it . They are just about all his players now and we are where we are ! He's not managing the team , I despair . Every player he has got rid of is doing well and his players aren't performing !

James Smith

Whilst we are known (if only by just by my mates) as easy to beat in the Cup, we've not gone out in the first round for over fifty years. Found out the score after work and then went for a drink to drown my sorrows with my colleagues. I got in to see most of the coverage and I'm now quite depressed again. I don't understand how we managed to get to this point given how much money we've managed to go through over the years. The manager must take some of the blame here can't just blame the players, they cant take all of it.
Something has to change!

Last edited:

johnwillomagic

I think this has to be a defining moment for Pressley's reign.......he needs to be given a few games to really get a reaction out of this current squad of players that gets them playing remotely to their full potential. If he can do this we can go on a run and go up the league.....if we have not seen an improvement by mid-December I feel he has to go and get someone in to give them a chance to evaluate current squad and use January transfer window.

I am wanting and hoping that Pressley will be able to get right response from players over the next month.....tine will tell!.......

CJ_covblaze

This maybe his team/squad but how many are his first choice signings? Martin's name has come up pretty much every window so I'd say he is. Johnson and O'Brien are probably players he wanted from the start of the summer. No one can deny Webster was one he signed at the first opportunity. I can't think of any others.

No manager can have every player he wants, especially at this level. However it does strike me he has had to make do with the majority of his acquisitions.

letsallsingtogether

No excuse for professional footballers not to beat semi-pro's from the 8th tier.

And by the way - we've been selling our best players and replacing them with sub-standard ones for the last 30 years.

So that makes it OK then?

Rusty Trombone

Whilst we are known (if only by just by my mates) as easy to beat in the Cup, we've not gone out in the first round for over fifty years.

I think that is one of those stats that is said for effect rather than giving a real illustration, we must have been exempt from the first round for the vast majority of those fifty years.

Grendel

I think that is one of those stats that is said for effect rather than giving a real illustration, we must have been exempt from the first round for the vast majority of those fifty years.

I think we have played in it 5 or 6 times in 50 years

James Smith

That's true but doesn't excuse the result today.

Swagger9

Pathetic to blame the manager.

Brainless sending off and a regulation missed penalty out of his control, what could Pressley have done about that!

I still think Coventry will gain promotion this season and you can raise this post when they do. The amount of negativity on here is embarrassing.

ccfc1234

While I agree SISU have much to answer for, the knee jerk reaction of blaming them when sh!t hits the fan is silly.
Joy is the owner of SISU and puts her faith rightly or wrongly in waggot and SP to sort the football side out while she focuses on making us a break even club.
I would of course like more investment, but there are managers and directors of football do far better things on a smaller budget than SISU give our football management team.

Sisu are bad, but let's not hide behind them to excuse goalkeepers loosing their heads. Captains thinking they are Messi from the penalty spot and players who have been signed who frankly are dire.

Gazolba

Colchester United got 6 at Gosport, a team at the same level as Worcester and a team that have only conceded 5 league goals all season.

Bet they didn't get a man sent off and then miss a penalty. If it had been 11 vs 11 and someone (not Reda) has stuck away that penalty, there is every chance we could have won.

SkyBlueAussie

But Sir Alex recommended him?...lol
I started to get suspicious when all he could say at the post match interviews was brilliant,great or unlucky,my 5 year old has a bigger vocabulary.
Actually I probably got suspicious when he first arrived and that poster from his last club in Scotland warned us that he was below average and they were glad to get rid of him.

covmark

Pathetic to blame the manager.

Brainless sending off and a regulation missed penalty out of his control, what could Pressley have done about that!

I still think Coventry will gain promotion this season and you can raise this post when they do. The amount of negativity on here is embarrassing.
We lost to mighty Worcester of the conference north ffs. Of course there's negativity.

Gazolba

What I want to see is everybody from the owners, management , coaching staff and players, stripped naked , hog tied and dragged through the streets of Coventry by a knackered old horse .. Then whipped , beaten and spat at by pissy old homeless drunks that have shit themselves the night before ..

I'd like the same thing except they should all be branded on the forehead with "I must give 100%".

Otis

Bet they didn't get a man sent off and then miss a penalty. If it had been 11 vs 11 and someone (not Reda) has stuck away that penalty, there is every chance we could have won.

Worcester were well in control even at 11 vs 11. Every chance Worcester would have still have won had it remained that way.

At 11 vs 10 it just should have been about 5-1 to Worcester. Can't believe I am saying that, but we were totally and completely outplayed by a Conference North side.

This has to be one of the worst ever results in our entire history.

Watching that game there I honestly don't think the game would have been any different had we had all 11 players on the pitch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread