Preston Ratings (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wilson 3
Bring Collins back in
van Ewijk 3
Constantly giving it away, diabolical first half, better second actually retained ball and drove forwards, needs a rest.
Thomas 3
Not as bad as made out but not good at all, own goal on another day goes wide. If he doesnt get there Preston forward does.
Binks 4
Best of a bad bunch at the back
Dasilva 1
Diabolical absolutely awful
Lati 3
Alright but we lost it in midfield
Eccles 2
Shit, cant take a corner, couldnt get in the game, again same as Lati lost it in midfield
Sakamoto n/a
Hope he’s okay looked nasty, hopefully just winded and bruised
O’hare 2
Anonymous
Wright 4
Mostly anonymous but when involved looked alright
Simms 6
Only player that can walk away not ashamed, did as much as he could with fuck all service. Game passed him by second half when the system changed, really felt for him.

Subs
Palmer 4
Threw himself around, had energy, worked more than the rest of the fuckers, but couldnt quite get us on the attack
Bidwell 4
Not as bad as Dasilva but not good, needs to start
Godden 5
Base rating. Nothing really to say but didnt put a foot wrong, same as simms fuck all service
Torp 5
Had energy, just not enough gile to break down the Preston back 9, would have made more of a difference if brought on earlier
Kelly 6
Sured it up nicely, needs to start against Maidstone, nowt else really to be said other than wasnt as shit as the rest

Referee -10000
Fucking shite tictac

Phone lights -10000
Why? We aren’t Leicester

Martin180

Wilson 3
Bring Collins back in
van Ewijk 3
Constantly giving it away, diabolical first half, better second actually retained ball and drove forwards, needs a rest.
Thomas 3
Not as bad as made out but not good at all, own goal on another day goes wide. If he doesnt get there Preston forward does.
Binks 4
Dasilva 1
Lati 3
Eccles 2
Shit, cant take a corner, couldnt get in the game, again same as Lati lost it in midfield
Sakamoto n/a
O’hare 2
Anonymous
Wright 4
Simms 6
Only player that can walk away not ashamed, did as much as he could with fuck all service. Game passed him by second half when the system changed, really felt for him.

Subs
Palmer 4
Threw himself around, had energy, worked more than the rest of the fuckers, but couldnt quite get us on the attack
Bidwell 4
Godden 5
Base rating. Nothing really to say but didnt put a foot wrong, same as simms fuck all service
Torp 5
Had energy, just not enough gile to break down the Preston back 9, would have made more of a difference if brought on earlier
Kelly 6
Sured it up nicely, needs to start against Maidstone, nowt else really to be said other than wasnt as shit as the rest

Referee -10000
Fucking shite tictac

Phone lights -10000
Why? We aren’t Leicester
The Preston forward missed it before Thomas put it in

junglej13

Collins, Kitching, Bidwell, Kelly in for Maidstone
And every game now when fit.

Dasilva is shit - The poorest left sided player we've had since being promoted from League 1.
Binks - Not strong enough or aggressive enough.

Needed to strengthen in January and haven't. Feels like a real season ender tonight. Particularly with Tats injury. All considered it makes it an odd decision to not cash in on O'Hare.

Martin180

Dasilva is shit - The poorest left sided player we've had since being promoted from League 1.

Needed to strengthen in January and haven't. Feels like a real season ender tonight. Particularly with Tats injury. All considered it makes it an odd decision to not cash in on O'Hare.
Did anyone bid for him?

ptr

We were in a real strong position in Jan. It would have been incredibly odd to cash in on him. Nobody would have paid what he’s actually worth considering he’s available on a free soon.

junglej13

We were in a real strong position in Jan. It would have been incredibly odd to cash in on him. Nobody would have paid what he’s actually worth considering he’s available on a free soon.
The squad is so small it feels we were only ever two or three injuries away from looking pretty average. I'm confident we'll probably strengthen in the summer but as soon as the transfer window shut it felt like our chances of going up this were hopeful at best. Might have made more sense to get something for O'Hare in Jan.

AOM

Simms held it up really well tonight, laid it off and then made runs.

At one point he ran past ohare to get back and defend as well.

I thought he was the only player to go in at half time with any credit.
Disappeared a bit second half when we went two up front though, but something had to change

slowpoke

Nobody would pay the money, a lot of clubs haven’t got it.

stupot07

Wilson 3
Milan 5
Thomas 4
Binks 4
Dasilva 1
Eccles 4
Lati 4
Sakamoto 5 before injury
O'Hare 4
Wright 5
Simms 6

Subs
Palmer 4
Bidwell 6
Torp 5
Godden 2
Kelly n/a

Robins 1

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Wilson 2
MvE 5
Thomas 3
Binks 5
Dasilva 1
Eccles 4
Lats 4
O’Hare 4
Saka 6
Simms 7
Wright 5

Palmer 5
Torp 6
Bidwell 4
Godden 1

stupot07

Wilson 3
Bring Collins back in
van Ewijk 3
Thomas 3
Binks 4
Dasilva 1
Lati 3
Eccles 2
Sakamoto n/a
O’hare 2
Anonymous
Wright 4
Simms 6

Subs
Palmer 4
Bidwell 4
Godden 5
Torp 5
Kelly 6

Referee -10000
Fucking shite tictac

Phone lights -10000
Why? We aren’t Leicester

Godden 5????

He had only touched the ball 4 times in 20 minutes. He was anonymous. Got beaten to the ball numerous times.
1 tackle
2 passes
1 dispossessed

shmmeee

His first touch is truly horrendous, I don’t see how you could say he did well tonight. I think he’s got potential but his ceiling is way lower than I thought it was at the start of the season.

Given him MotM but I’ve never seen a pro footballer with a touch as bad as his. Shoots his passes and passes his shots too.

MikeyMoo

All our players disappeared in the second half because the game was killed off, by us through the change in formation, and by them for waiting to hit us on the counter-attack... to attacks which never came. So you really have to take the first half and it was pretty grim. Once we beat WBA SBT will pluck up a bit I'd think.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Godden 5????

He had only touched the ball 4 times in 20 minutes. He was anonymous. Got beaten to the ball numerous times.
1 tackle
2 passes
1 dispossessed

Thats a class performance compared to the rest of them only dispossessed once, and managed 2 passes and to tackle someone

Adge

Wilson 4 - a clown off the pitch, and a clown on it
van Ewijk 5 - offered an outlet, but the times he did get to cross it, the end product was sub-par
Thomas 4 - offered some forward runs in the second half, playing further forward after Latibeaudiere dropped back
Binks 4 - sorry, I just don’t see what others see in him. Looks weak, no physical presence, was bullied. No idea why some are calling for him to be signed permanently, when I think we have kept only one clean sheet with him in the team
DaSilva 3 - obviously at fault for the second and his error led to the corner for the first. Made one or two runs in the first half, but looked drained of confidence and his side was exploited…as it always seems to be! MR take note!

Defence was awful, I said to those I went with before the game, it looked weak. Left side in particular was abysmal. Only got a clean sheet vs Stoke, because their attack is shite!

Latibeaudiere 4 - was anonymous first half, no protective shield, preston just ran through the midfield at will. Better second half when he dropped back into the back line. Not captain material.
Eccles 3 - awful player. Offers no cover to help the defence, offers no forward play, any momentum stops with him. Shocking attempt in the first half that Jonny Wilkinson would have been proud of. Atrocious at set piece delivery. What is the point of him? No doubt the ‘one of our own’ lot will come on and defend him, but if he was called Pepe le pew and we got him on a free from a French club, he would be rightly pilloried. Clearly shows that Hamer last season, and sheaf this season made him look good by them being outstanding so it looked as if he were capable. Ask him to take on responsibility and be a force in midfield and he is nowhere, offering sod all impact on a game

Sakamoto 5 - some nice touches, some good link up play with O’Hare and van Ewijk. Obviously went off injured, hope it’s not too serious
O’Hare 5 - tried to drive the team forward and create something, but was often having to take on one too many PNE players
Wright 5 - showed willing, if people mark Godden as a 7 for the amount of times he just ran down channels offering no end product, then Wright deserves at least a 5

Simms 6 - was a presence up front, physical, showing some fight

Subs
Palmer 5 - similar to O’Hare, just tried to take on too many people. Looked like he was on a mission when he came in, then faded
Bidwell 6 - left side looked more assured with him there, although I don’t think Preston were really trying in the second half (they did not need to)
Torp 5 - one or two good passes, but was often too deep with two or three PNE players around him.
Godden 4 - fed up with him now. If he had his heels up as much as he threw his arms up in the air, maybe he wouldn’t be dispossessed so easily. Flat footed, never on his toes

Collins, Kitching, Bidwell, Kelly in for Maidstone
Used the concrete ball for all corners and free kicks but then decides to use the other ball when having a shot 10 yards from goal 🤔
Could somebody show “one of our own” how to take a kick off aswell please or was it O’Hare?

Last edited:

procdoc

Wilson 3 - dogshit. According to one expert he comes to claim crosses. Wank distribution and the defenders clearly don’t trust him. Get Collins back in ASAP
MVE 5 - he wasn’t terrible
Dasilva 0 - I can’t recall a performance so inept. Awful for the second goal and got found out within 30 seconds when they just whacked the ball over to his side of the pitch. He produced one decent pass all half and was rightly dragged. Fuck him off in the summer, there’s loads better out there
Thomas 2 - gets mark taken off for laughing after scoring an own goal
Binks 5 - he tried hard but had absolutely no support from Dasilva or Thomas
Lati 5 - better at centre half. Please stop playing him in midfield
Eccles 4 - playing alongside Lati is not helping him. Should have done better with his chance. Set pieces were dogshit
Sakamoto N/A - losing him for a long time is a massive blow, especially when we didn’t sign any wingers
Wright 6 - he was one of the only ones who put himself about and looked like he gave a fuck
O’Hare 4 - should have scored. His work rate non existent today, just pranced around flapping his arms
Simms 7 - our best player. Had to feed off scraps all game but put himself about and only he and Wright can come out of this with any semblance of credit

subs N/A - no point rating any of them, the game had already gone

All in all a horrendous performance. I never want to see Dasilva or Wilson start a game again

skybluecam

Yep, Simms was about the only positive from tonight's game. I think he showed he can be a really good centre forward for us.
Exactly. If the rest of the team had been on form it could’ve clicked. He showed what we need to the central striker to be, not a goal
machine but someone who can be a focus and link up play.

skyblue025

Used the concrete ball for all corners and free kicks but then decides to use the other ball when having a shot 10 yards from goal 🤔
Could somebody show “one of our own” how to take a kick off aswell please or was it O’Hare?
It was O'hare

An appalling performance. Gifted them 3 goals. They out worked and out muscled us but barely created a chance the whole game. Dasilva first half was as bad a performance I've seen in years.
Wilson glued to his goal line for the first goal. That said the whole team should of been past the penalty spot once the corner went back. Instead they moved forwards about 2 yds, Thomas made no attempt to head the ball and it was in the net.
2nd goal no idea what Dasilva thought he was doing playing a pass into his own penalty area straight to a Preston player.
3rd goal Preston 10 had missed the ball, Thomas no composure at all and with no other attacker within 10 yrs of the ball smacks it into the net. Not the first time this season either.

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

It was O'hare

An appalling performance. Gifted them 3 goals. They out worked and out muscled us but barely created a chance the whole game. Dasilva first half was as bad a performance I've seen in years.
Wilson glued to his goal line for the first goal. That said the whole team should of been past the penalty spot once the corner went back. Instead they moved forwards about 2 yds, Thomas made no attempt to head the ball and it was in the net.
2nd goal no idea what Dasilva thought he was doing playing a pass into his own penalty area straight to a Preston player.
3rd goal Preston 10 had missed the ball, Thomas no composure at all and with no other attacker within 10 yrs of the ball smacks it into the net. Not the first time this season either.
For thr 2nd goal, Dasilva didn’t pass it, he was tackled instead of just ‘getting rid’.

SeaSeeEffCee

You know it’s a bad performance when even Andy Turner doesn’t rate anyone higher than a 5.5. The 3.5 for Dasilva might be his lowest score ever. Usually you can bang in a hatrick of own goals and get sent off and you’ll still get at least a 6 from ol’ AT.

Pusb1

Eccles is a national league standard player who has been carried by a decent team in recent years to make it look like he’s better than he is.

He is not the future or even adequate squad depth and needs to be got rid of in the summer if we ever want to get out this division

Hobo

Dasilva had an absolute mare from his first touch which resulted in them getting in behind us winning a corner which they scored from. What he was thinking for their second goal I will never know? For me the worst signing we made in the summer by some distance.

The whole team apart from Simms and Wright showed nothing. I thought Palmer showed some grit and fight without an end result. But with so many misfiring in a team game you are on a hiding to nothing. O'Hare had one of his many games where he flatters to deceive. Over rated by many of our fans I think? Lacks consistency and for me wouldn't get near most Premiership teams.

The sort of performance you associate with a poor pre season friendly. Best forgotten.

Seymour_East

Given him MotM but I’ve never seen a pro footballer with a touch as bad as his. Shoots his passes and passes his shots too.
Great last sentence and fully agree, that weak effort the first half finishing the only and best move we had all game is case in point.

Users who are viewing this thread