Preston Ratings (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

You are clueless.
have you seen him everytime he isn’t played alongside Sheaf, or last season Hamer?

Absolutely pathetic, particularly when he’s asked to take ownership and leadership in that position

procdoc

have you seen him everytime he isn’t played alongside Sheaf, or last season Hamer?

Absolutely pathetic, particularly when he’s asked to take ownership and leadership in that position
Yes I have. Anyone with half a football brain knows that Eccles is a good player. He was shit last night but so was everyone else pretty much.
To suggest he’s National league level is fucking insane. I’ll never take anything you post seriously again

SBbucks

The Preston forward missed it before Thomas put it in

At first sight from block 16 it looked as though he just hit it straight, but if he had actually hit it straight it would have comfortably cleared the post. Hitting it an angle like that actually made it look a class finish. No idea wtf he was doing.

Last edited:

SBbucks

It was O'hare

An appalling performance. Gifted them 3 goals. They out worked and out muscled us but barely created a chance the whole game. Dasilva first half was as bad a performance I've seen in years.
Wilson glued to his goal line for the first goal. That said the whole team should of been past the penalty spot once the corner went back. Instead they moved forwards about 2 yds, Thomas made no attempt to head the ball and it was in the net.
2nd goal no idea what Dasilva thought he was doing playing a pass into his own penalty area straight to a Preston player.
3rd goal Preston 10 had missed the ball, Thomas no composure at all and with no other attacker within 10 yrs of the ball smacks it into the net. Not the first time this season either.

Thomas laughing/smiling after he had done it wasn’t a good look either. Glad he thought it was funny.

coop

Every player was shit why that twat Wilson is in goal god only knows couldn't get in when we was in league 1 and why pay 4 million for kitchin and don't play our best centre half.

Calista

Agreed. Wilson only ever communicates on “City Unseen”. There’s zero communication with his defence, it was a big factor in all 3 goals.
So for the first Wilson should have told Thomas to head the ball, for the second he should have told Dasilva to kick the ball, and for the third he should have told Thomas not to stick it in his own net?

Hertsccfc

So for the first Wilson should have told Thomas to head the ball, for the second he should have told Dasilva to kick the ball, and for the third he should have told Thomas not to stick it in his own net?
Yes I am puzzled as to why people are criticising Wilson for last night.

Martin180

Aside from last seasons run in you mean , clueless

shmmeee

Because he was shite and every shot Preston had on target went in.

Nick

Administrator

You do realise that keepers are meant to communicate.

He could have told Thomas it was the keeper's ball and picked it up.

He could have come for the ball for the first goal.

The Dasilva one was on him, who knows if he was told to "get rid" or not. Can't really blame Wilson.

All of those you would expect keepers to communicate.

shmmeee

The Dasilva one was on him, who knows if he was told to "get rid" or not. Can't really blame Wilson.

Will never forget watching a wall desperately looking for guidance from Wilson while setting up a free kick only to be ignored and end up doing it themselves. Far far too quiet on the pitch.

Calista

There must have been about a tenth of a second between the Preston player missing the ball and it coming off Thomas. How's Wilson supposed to 'communicate' with him in that time?
Not saying he played well, but he stood little chance with any of the goals.

procdoc

For the first goal Wilson started coming for the cross but changed his mind. He didn’t communicate to Thomas and was slightly out of position when he headed it in. Wilson should have claimed the cross, wasn’t like anyone was impeding him. He was great last season but has been absolute pony this season

Adge

For the first goal Wilson started coming for the cross but changed his mind. He didn’t communicate to Thomas and was slightly out of position when he headed it in. Wilson should have claimed the cross, wasn’t like anyone was impeding him. He was great last season but has been absolute pony this season
The stats don’t lie but I’m not sure he was great. The defense in front of him though that gave him protection was.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Because in the 1st minute there was a simple ball he should have easily claimed and any competent keeper would have, but because he has separation anxiety from the goal line he panicked and ran back. That set the tone for the game and we were shakey from then on. He can’t really be blamed for either of the others but the first was embarrassing and put us in a situation we could have done without being in. He’s a liability.

Calista

in the 1st minute there was a simple ball he should have easily claimed and any competent keeper would have
Screenshot 2024-02-24 131612.png
It's a ball that some keepers would have claimed, but it's hardly 'simple' because rather than having a flat trajectory it's coming down with ice on. And then the header itself is unstoppable, because it bullets into the top corner.

Wilson gets no credit for last night but there were failings all over the pitch, and blaming him for all three goals is facile.

Balli001

View attachment 34226
It's a ball that some keepers would have claimed, but it's hardly 'simple' because rather than having a flat trajectory it's coming down with ice on. And then the header itself is unstoppable, because it bullets into the top corner.

Wilson gets no credit for last night but there were failings all over the pitch, and blaming him for all three goals is facile.
That first goal is 100% Wilson fault. Should be coming for that every time.

Grendel

View attachment 34226

Every dog has his day and Wilson had his last season. Prior to that he was a non league journeyman - he got lucky and he’s not the standard required at this level

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

View attachment 34226

Why have you screenshot before it’s at a catchable height? If you don’t think a keeper should come for that, then I have no words. He’s in his own net as he tries to save the resulting header, which of course is a result of great positioning…

shy_tall_knight

Ben Wilson should have just taken that cross it was a poor cross hanging in the air for a long time, I think his communication with the defence was poor all game,
DaSilva's first half performance as bad as any I've seen. Some of his misplaced passes just angered the home support. Never rated him before last night, not sure Bidwell is the answer either. A definite transfer requirement for next season.
Bobby Thomas always had a mistake in him when he first came, seemed to have got over that at fault for both goals at Plymouth and for 2 of their goals last night.
Binks did OK just don't understand why Kitchen isn't playing.
Milan - my joint man of the match did provide some outlet out wide
Lati invisible first half no impact with or without the ball,
Eccles a very poor game, his miss was inexcusable and his set prices so poor - how he managed to stay on for so long is a measure of our poor squad depth
COH - wasn't on it tonight
Palmer, feast or famine as per usual, minimal impact lost the ball frequently
Sakamoto not really involved prior to injury
Simms joint MOM plenty of aggression and was constantly being fouled, needs to be first choice to the end of the season
Hadji Wright had a good chance to equalize but not sharp enough to get his shot away, still needs to be more direct

Old Warwickshire lad

At first sight from block 16 it looked as though he just hit it straight, but if he had actually hit it straight it would have comfortably cleared the post. Hitting it an angle like that actually made it look a class finish. No idea wtf he was doing.
Wilson should have called him to leave it. But twat was frozen in the headlights again.

NorthernWisdom

How the hell is Wilson supposed to call for his defender to leave it in the gap between the striker missing it, and it reaching Thomas?!?

Even if he did it'd just cause hesitation.

Defenders are drilled there to put the ball behind, commit themselves. It just summed yesterday up that he managed to find the net with a cool aplomb!

I mean there's plenty to worry about with Wilson, but let's not make him responsible for Israel-Palestine and Russia-Ukraine while we're at it!

Calista

Why have you screenshot before it’s at a catchable height? If you don’t think a keeper should come for that, then I have no words. He’s in his own net as he tries to save the resulting header, which of course is a result of great positioning…
I've always liked keepers who reliably take crosses, but unfortunately we haven't had one for many years. I agree that he should probably come for this one. But it's not 'simple' because it's such a looper. And I guess I'm over-reacting a bit to the ludicrous claim that all 3 goals are Wilson's fault. The other two clearly not.

You see some poor goals being conceded by most goalies, even in the Prem. I reckon we have two (3) average keepers for this league, and If we are serious about promotion in the next few years (which I am certain we are) an upgrade in this department would be high on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread