Pros and cons of having kids - and not having them (1 Viewer)

ccfcricoh

I've always wanted kids but my other half already had one before we we're together and was adamant she was having no more...

It never really became an issue as she changed her mind in the end and we are now expecting "our" first...

No idea what to expect but i suppose that's the point - i suppose you would never regret having kids once they're here but you could regret not having any when its too late...

Expensive mistake to make though i suppose!!!

Covstu

I've always wanted kids but my other half already had one before we we're together and was adamant she was having no more...

It never really became an issue as she changed her mind in the end and we are now expecting "our" first...

No idea what to expect but i suppose that's the point - i suppose you would never regret having kids once they're here but you could regret not having any when its too late...

congratulations fella. The only advice I can give you is to ignore everyone's advice! No one child is the same, do it your own way as there isn't a wrong!

Nick

Administrator
i think things like this need to be thought through. Its hardly getting a dog, having a kid can make a relationship or maybe detract from what currently isn't working. I have seen a few try this and then still break up but with an added complication. Hope it works out for the best though fella

Dogs are more hard work.

ccfcricoh

congratulations fella. The only advice I can give you is to ignore everyone's advice! No one child is the same, do it your own way as there isn't a wrong!
Is that advice i should ignore then?! Confused already...god help me...

Mcbean

My Mrs passed away on the 8th May and we never had kids as she had polycystic ovaries. We talked about ivf but we never got round to it. Now she has gone i feel so empty but i'm sure if we had a child that would have gave me something to hang on to (a little bit of her still here).
All i can say is if you can have kids then have at least one, as most people i know say they changed their lives for the better and you never know what's around the corner mate.

By the way she was only 45 so not old by any means.
Must have been difficult to write that - my sympathies are with you

We never had kids for one reason or another and its too late , i blame myself and not my loving wife - probably should have as i can see what they might bring when seeing the rest of our family - the downside is i think it has become more difficult not too worry about them as our lives have changed unbelievebly in my lifetime with whats out in the wide world

Terry Gibson's perm

I have three and they are worth all the heartache and stress.

Pros

You get invited to less places and events like weddings and they give you a reason to get away quickly as most of these miserable fuckers don’t invite kids to their stage managed days in case they invade one of the pre arranged shock pictures.

They love me more than my wife does (not difficult)

Getting to chat to the yummy mummies at the school something I do every day

Cons

Money pits
Kids parties

I wouldn’t change a thing though even though the road is not always a smooth one

Terry Gibson's perm

The only advice I can give is during the birth stay at the north end of things it’s like a car crash down there and will scar you for life

oucho

Thank you all.

So sorry to Pipkin, that's a diabolical thing to happen.

Terry Gibson's perm

My Mrs passed away on the 8th May and we never had kids as she had polycystic ovaries. We talked about ivf but we never got round to it. Now she has gone i feel so empty but i'm sure if we had a child that would have gave me something to hang on to (a little bit of her still here).
All i can say is if you can have kids then have at least one, as most people i know say they changed their lives for the better and you never know what's around the corner mate.

Sorry to hear that Pipkin

covcity4life

sorry for your loss mate.

Monners

I did think your lad looked a bit shy, didn't realise it was his first game!
Not shy, he just refused to speak to anyone who wasn't wearing a Cov shirt (either that, or he thought were were a member of the bar staff collecting glasses!) :cat:

Sky Blue Pete

That’s rotten. Sorry for your loss

lifeskyblue

Pipkin that is awful. Condolences on your loss and best wishes for your future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Sorry to hear of your loss pipkin

Manchester_sky_blue

I've got a 3 month old, it's great.
I don't know if there is anything better than waking up to see a little face smiling at you. Looking forward to him growing up, I think he's the sign of a new era in more ways than one.
Make the most of it. My eldest is almost 6 now and I've no idea where that time went

Otis

Did you make the play-off final, Pipkin?

Just wonder if that deflected your thoughts, even if just for one day.

pipkin73

Did you make the play-off final, Pipkin?

Just wonder if that deflected your thoughts, even if just for one day.
No mate, was thinking about it as I had a ticket being held for me but it was just to soon. Watched it in the bar we met in though and the staff kept bringing me shots out. Was hammered by the end of the game. Watched it with a Villa and Leicester fan and yes it did help with keeping my mind of it for a while.

clint van damme

No mate, was thinking about it as I had a ticket being held for me but it was just to soon. Watched it in the bar we met in though and the staff kept bringing me shots out. Was hammered by the end of the game. Watched it with a Villa and Leicester fan and yes it did help with keeping my mind of it for a while.

just saw your post, sorry for your loss Pipkin.
Can't imagine what you're going through.
Don't be afraid to approach your GP for counselling if you're finding it difficult to cope mate.

Marty

I'm 30 and childless, I do want to have children but there's still so much I want to do first. I expect I'll be into my 40's before I have one. Saying that, I could meet someone this weekend and they could be up the duff before you know it.

Otis

I'm 30 and childless, I do want to have children but there's still so much I want to do first. I expect I'll be into my 40's before I have one. Saying that, I could meet someone this weekend and they could be up the duff before you know it.
I'm changing the locks.

pipkin73

just saw your post, sorry for your loss Pipkin.
Can't imagine what you're going through.
Don't be afraid to approach your GP for counselling if you're finding it difficult to cope mate.
Live in Gran Canaria mate, it's a little different out here but I have to say that my friends out here have been amazing. They helped with all the formalities and it's hard to do out here as it's in Spanish and your an expat so the rule's are different. Even the British Embassy contacted me offering help, I guess the courts must have informed them. Friends and family have flown over to help and pay respects to Julie and people have let me cry and let me get angry. Just can't believe the support I have had from the local British community out here. Anyway, back on topic to the original poster, if you can afford to raise a child and your relationship with your Mrs is strong then go for it. At the worst you will have a good time trying and hopefully end up with something that changes your world for the better.

fernandopartridge

Live in Gran Canaria mate, it's a little different out here but I have to say that my friends out here have been amazing. They helped with all the formalities and it's hard to do out here as it's in Spanish and your an expat so the rule's are different. Even the British Embassy contacted me offering help, I guess the courts must have informed them. Friends and family have flown over to help and pay respects to Julie and people have let me cry and let me get angry. Just can't believe the support I have had from the local British community out here. Anyway, back on topic to the original poster, if you can afford to raise a child and your relationship with your Mrs is strong then go for it. At the worst you will have a good time trying and hopefully end up with something that changes your world for the better.
That's good to hear, I know an Irish family who live in PR, there is a nice community feel out there. Hope things improve for you mate, onwards and upwards.

Users who are viewing this thread