Protests# (1 Viewer)

dadgad

When people stood up against slavery did people say; 'This is bad for slaves?'
When people marched for workers' rights did people say this 'damages workers'?

RFC

Unfortunately it's not the right thing to do and won't achieve it's aim. All it will do is hurt my pride & passion the football club! Totally and utterly ashamed to call myself a Coventry City supporter this evening.

rupert_bear

No, and with protests there are no rules or common sense. I've been on strikes on picket lines13 weeks, 7 weeks at Masseys, 1974 miners strike at Saltley Cole Plant battling the old bill, normal guys on picket lines but pack mentality, desperation kick in and do off the cuffs uncaristilistic things.

Irish Sky Blue

Listened to the phone in on the way home. Someone mentioned that any protests should be before or after games. Well I have been to both sit ins. The last one had about 30 people and would have made little impact. (Not a criticism of the organisers or the people who like me were there). I can understand fans frustrations because what ever they do it will not be right to somebody. Those people who were on the pitch today certainly showed they cared about our situation so much they would have risked being arrested, having a banning order etc.
Who damages the game most, owners like Sisu or a few fans on the pitch? Who will the authorities attempt to punish? Well it won't be Sisu. They will continue to run this club into the ground with not a murmur from the FA or FL

Adge

Unfortunately it's not the right thing to do and won't achieve it's aim. All it will do is hurt my pride & passion the football club! Totally and utterly ashamed to call myself a Coventry City supporter this evening.
Me too after that shambolic display!

Terry Gibson's perm

The peaceful protests don't work that has been proved already, the best protest will be to delay a kick off and although it is too late in the season the last game is perfect if something is riding on it more likely for the opposition than us

idm1975

I think if there are to be any future protests they should be done right on kick off, before play has taken shape. During the game, whilst i understand them, upsets the applecart for all and gives oposing fans a bad opinion of us.

dadgad

The point of this thread is to point out that
people never agree on what is the
best way to 'protest' ...but that ultimately the principles behind it win through. The most vociferous against any protest either do not recognise this or are sad fuckers who represent the status quo.

Otis

The peaceful protests don't work that has been proved already, the best protest will be to delay a kick off and although it is too late in the season the last game is perfect if something is riding on it more likely for the opposition than us
Fair point. They are all supposed to kick off at the same time on the last day.

Only downside is a points deduction would come off next year potentially.

skybluetony176

Oh well. You'll get over it.

Grendel

The point of this thread is to point out that
people never agree on what is the
best way to 'protest' ...but that ultimately the principles behind it win through. The most vociferous against any protest either do not recognise this or are sad fuckers who represent the status quo.

The only point this thread makes is to show what a c**t you are. Trivialising slavery and placing it alongside the struggles of a league one football club.

Honestly I'm really angry - just fuck off.

hill83

No, they said it was bad for slave-owners and the government was forced to pay the owners millions in compensation! The slaves themselves received nothing of course.

And France only cancelled Haitis debts 2 years ago.

I'm not one to usually take offence, but our plight as coventry supporters is absolutely fucking nothing like what's being mentioned here. I see what you are trying to say but for fuck sake, have a word.

lifeskyblue

Certainly no comparison between slavery and ccfc.

The point is we have to stand up and be counted for what we believe. No Weasle words, no trying to score cheap points off others and no talking the talk without walking the walk.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadgad

The point is we have to stand up and be counted for what we believe. No Weasle words, no trying to score cheap points off others and no talking the talk without walking the walk.

PUSB

Yep, 'protest' does work and can change things. The alternative is to sit on our hands and take it.
Anybody who takes and has taken direct action, I salute you.

skybluedan

When that little fella Arnold in different strokes said. What you talking about Willis???
Get a grip braveheart

Wheelfass

The only point this thread makes is to show what a c**t you are. Trivialising slavery and placing it alongside the struggles of a league one football club.

Honestly I'm really angry - just fuck off.
Not sure if if I've ever replied to any of your inadequate postings before, maybe not. But nows the time.
Like many of the good people on here Im ready to fight for what I have grown up with and for what I believe in (even at my age). People like you will just lie down and surrender to the landlords. This has nothing to do with slavery. It's about what's right for us as Coventry fans and for making a stand against the evil regime that run our club.

ajsccfc

It was his tact a while back, where buying a ticket was colluding with the enemy and season ticket holders in particular were worms. Once someone comes out with that kind of shit they lose the right to lecture anyone about anything

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Personally I am surprised that the protests have not got "messy" before. CCFC fans have shown up until now remarkable restraint and patience, some would call part of that apathy of course.

You can bet the line from the FL/FA will be to punish the fans but not to address the root cause, those two organisations have been as much use as a chocolate tea pot so far why would that change now.

There is an opportunity to really protest to the sporting nation with the semi final being televised by Sky. For the country to see and hear the cause CCFC fans fight for.

However the events yesterday, and yes I understand the frustrations, yes I understand the need to do something, yes I know the passion but some of it was not ever going to be seen as anything other than a bunch of hooligans, have a knock on effect. Yes it got headlines but the coverage was not really positive to the cause. The knock on effect is it makes the protest in front of the cameras at the semi final harder to achieve. The authorities will be better prepared, the frustrations greater, it will mean greater security on the gates, more stewards, more police. The assumption will start from the basis that there will be trouble and it will be hooligan based - most fans are not but they have the right and need to protest. It will mean getting things in the stadium to peacefully show our feelings will be harder. You can expect the FL to insist on measures to keep fans contained and definitely off the pitch. The Ricoh is more high tech than Sixfields so they will be able to better identify those that break the law. The event could become very ugly indeed and that will turn most others looking in away from any support for action against SISU

So now we need to make a statement to the viewers, FL, Owners, directors, media that is powerful positive controlled and not able to be dismissed as hooligans at CCFC ruining for everyone else. For the life of me I have no idea what that could be, the best I can come up with is all fans dressed in black as in mourning the death of CCFC. The team needs our support on the day yes but more importantly it needs support to even have a future

just thoughts

Last edited:

KG7

Personally I am surprised that the protests have not got "messy" before. CCFC fans have shown up until now remarkable restraint and patience, some would call part of that apathy of course.

You can bet the line from the FL/FA will be to punish the fans but not to address the root cause, those two organisations have been as much use as a chocolate tea pot so far why would that change now.

There is an opportunity to really protest to the sporting nation with the semi final being televised by Sky. For the country to see and hear the cause CCFC fans fight for.

However the events yesterday, and yes I understand the frustrations, yes I understand the need to do something, yes I know the passion but some of it was not ever going to be seen as anything other than a bunch of hooligans, have a knock on effect. Yes it got headlines but the coverage was not really positive to the cause. The knock on effect is it makes the protest in front of the cameras at the semi final harder to achieve. The authorities will be better prepared, the frustrations greater, it will mean greater security on the gates, more stewards, more police. The assumption will start from the basis that there will be trouble and it will be hooligan based - most fans are not but they have the right and need to protest. It will mean getting things in the stadium to peacefully show our feelings will be harder. You can expect the FL to insist on measures to keep fans contained and definitely off the pitch. The Ricoh is more high tech than Sixfields so they will be able to better identify those that break the law. The event could become very ugly indeed and that will turn most others looking in away from any support for action against SISU

So now we need to make a statement to the viewers, FL, Owners, directors, media that is powerful positive controlled and not able to be dismissed as hooligans at CCFC ruining for everyone else. For the life of me I have no idea what that could be, the best I can come up with is all fans dressed in black as in mourning the death of CCFC. The team needs our support on the day yes but more importantly it needs support to even have a future

just thoughts

Difficult to think of a perfect protest but perhaps some sort of 'for sale' protest. So we pack the ground and advertise ourselves for any potential onlooking buyers with 'For sale' signs and the like...

dadgad

Difficult to think of a perfect protest but perhaps some sort of 'for sale' protest. So we pack the ground and advertise ourselves for any potential onlooking buyers with 'For sale' signs and the like...

I think that is a positive suggestion.
If there is a showcase final at Wembley this offers us the rare opportunity to show a united front - the ideal 'shop window'

All protests draw carping criticism. When women wanted the vote they put bombs in
post boxes. Dreadful behaviour that many said did their cause no good. It was Emily Davidson who swung it.

Users who are viewing this thread