QPR away (3 Viewers)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Piss take. I really wanted to go to this one. Our new arrival means its difficult for me to get to games in Cov atm so was relying on London away games to get a few done...
If anyone fancies walking up on the day and sitting in the home end just let me know. My company is tolerable for a couple of hours of football.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

QPR is digital tickets only now innit....can't get in the home end without jumping through hoops.......(sorry)

fernandopartridge

The club is run on a shoestring still operating in league 2 staffing levels. It's piss poor

It's always been the same. I'm not really sure what the point of the Ticket Master link up is, if the stadium can't handle electronic tickets (which would take away so much hassle for the ticket office and fans) then what's the point?

KenilworthSkyBlue

The club is run on a shoestring still operating in league 2 staffing levels. It's piss poor

Certainly since relegation from the Championship in 2011-12 the staffing levels have always been threadbare. I think it's improved marginally but to my knowledge most of the staff still currently have two roles (one official and one unofficial) in order to spread the workload.

As you say we're run on a shoestring so I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

EalingSB

I haven't read the whole thread but, as my username suggests, I used to live in Ealing. It's around 1h20-1hr30 from Cov, has plenty of parking and pubs and restaurants and it's a short hop on the central line, or the bus directly down Uxbridge Road, to Loftus Road. Could also park in Acton and get quickly back on to the A40.

fernandopartridge

I haven't read the whole thread but, as my username suggests, I used to live in Ealing. It's around 1h20-1hr30 from Cov, has plenty of parking and pubs and restaurants and it's a short hop on the central line, or the bus directly down Uxbridge Road, to Loftus Road. Could also park in Acton and get quickly back on to the A40.
Stayed at the Drayton Court pub in West Ealing a couple of times for work, it's alright round there

lordy_87

For those who are planning to drink in Shepherd's Bush before the game here's a list of pubs that may welcome away fans. Only going off what I've seen online and other clubs forums, I don't actually know if you can get in all the places;

Your best bet is probably Belushi's as it's the dedicated away pub but looks a bit shite. I'll find a way to get shitfaced regardless 😉

PurpleBin

Belushis, if it's anything like the one I've been in before near Elephant and Castle is like a backpackers type thing. Tough place to get a drink and have a laugh.

Baker Street - Globe/Spoons - be there or tough luck for you.

tskezz

Certainly since relegation from the Championship in 2011-12 the staffing levels have always been threadbare. I think it's improved marginally but to my knowledge most of the staff still currently have two roles (one official and one unofficial) in order to spread the workload.

As you say we're run on a shoestring so I doubt it'll change anytime soon.
I can confirm this, I know someone at the ticket office and they have to take turns taking the kits home to wash them. Incredible.

NorthernWisdom

My first house was on Drayton Avenue! Drayton is a great pub with a brilliant beer garden. It used to have a theatre downstairs where all big-name comedians went to test out routines. Decent rooms and place to stay, too. Cheers.
I used to live on Leeland Terrace, by the Sainsbury's.

The park there was maybe one of the less salubrious parts, however!

(I also got thrown out of the downstairs bit when it ended up a nightclub...)

Covkid1968#

I can confirm this, I know someone at the ticket office and they have to take turns taking the kits home to wash them. Incredible.
But who then is cutting up oranges into quarters for the lads? Since Ken left I’ve wrongly assumed it was the ticket office lady.

Londonccfcfan

Belushis, if it's anything like the one I've been in before near Elephant and Castle is like a backpackers type thing. Tough place to get a drink and have a laugh.

Baker Street - Globe/Spoons - be there or tough luck for you.

It's not like there isn't anywhere to go around West London.

Paddington
Baker Street
Hammersmith Broadway.
Ealing Broadway
Chiswick high Road
Ladbroke Grove/Notting hill

It will be carnage if they decide not to serve booze at the stadium. Hopefully majority behave themselves.

Otherwise could have a repeat of Rotherham Away. They shut the bar.

QPR away day used to be good even in midweek with so many bars/pubs open around the Green. Feel it's not one of the better london away days.

Esoterica

Would be nice, given the allocation is sold out, if the club were allowed to show the game at the Tavern but I suppose the Saturday 3pm rule still stands and also QPR could have given us more.

Londonccfcfan

Logistical issues apparantly.

Don't know what stopped the club receiving extra tickets and selling online. But for collection only on the day from ground only even if it was only extra 500.

Really Tin pot.

Liquid Gold

Apparently we left it too late to get the tickets sent up to our ticket office then sent out to the supporter and QPR don't have the facilities for 1,000 people collecting them at Loftus Road.

Our ticket office has been very poor this summer. I'm glad they're hiring more support there.

block16

It's not like there isn't anywhere to go around West London.

Paddington
Baker Street
Hammersmith Broadway.
Ealing Broadway
Chiswick high Road
Ladbroke Grove/Notting hill

It will be carnage if they decide not to serve booze at the stadium. Hopefully majority behave themselves.

Otherwise could have a repeat of Rotherham Away. They shut the bar.

QPR away day used to be good even in midweek with so many bars/pubs open around the Green. Feel it's not one of the better london away days.
They serve £5 plastic bottles of carlsberg apparently

Porkchophill

Long shot but does anybody have any spare tickets I’ve got mine but my sons have decided they want to go now (they are adults ) worth a punt ..

Legia Sky Blue

Piss poor. Still probably trying to post out phase 2 season tickets.

Luckily got our tickets. Feel sorry for thousands that want to go who got a season ticket who can't.

It does come across as poor on our part. While I appreciate the club don't get funds from away tickets, the extra 1,000 fans could have been a real boon to the team, at a time when the bond between supporters and players has rarely been bettered. It seems like in terms of staffing behind the scenes we have remained at a League 2 shoestring level, and unless that is improved there are likely to be similar issues with future away games, and maybe even home games should the team continue its upwards momentum and our support continues to increase.

Joy Division

The away end is 2,800 max, so an extra 800 rather than the 1,000 they are quoting

Users who are viewing this thread