Match Thread QPR (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

He did at Ipswich
Do you see these players responding ? Robins has openly said he’s been looking for it for how long now ? I can’t see where anymore points come from looking at the level of performance they look relegated

Evo1883

Do you see these players responding ? Robins has openly said he’s been looking for it for how long now ? I can’t see where anymore points come from looking at the level of performance they look relegated

There's no point responding mate ..I've stated my position on Robins many times ..

You've already said you want him gone even if we stay up .

Liquid Gold

and without trying to get into another argument this is what I don't understand. You don't think the majority of the players are god enough and I agree so why think we should be doing much better?
Yes, there have been obvious mistakes regarding recruitment and tactics , but overall, we've got players playing in a league they're not equipped for and we didn't have a budget to change too much of that.

Biamou is the the most glaring example. He's not Championship quality, so why are people surprised when his performance level isn't what's required?
I understand we probably could have done better in January but it's fine margins.
Because we’ve shown ourselves more capable playing in a different formation, namely 352, and we’ve not bothered going at teams when points were there for the taking. Blues, Wycombe, Forest, Boro etc etc etc etc

stevefloyd

Only bonus is it was only 3 and not more. Slightly better 2nd half but we already knew as soon as the 2nd goal went in it was good night Irene.
I said as soon as the first goal went in that it was game over...I didn't want to be right but sadly I was ....in abundance

clint van damme

Because we’ve shown ourselves more capable playing in a different formation, namely 352, and we’ve not bothered going at teams when points were there for the taking. Blues, Wycombe, Forest, Boro etc etc etc etc

see I don't necessarily agree with that.
Not that there haven't been mistakes in games, (including some you've mentioned), but I just don't think we're good enough and as a consequence consistent enough. Hence decent performances have been sporadic.

And as I've said many times, in my opinion, the one up front, 2 up front is a bit of a distraction. We have shown many times that we can isolate a two as much as a one by not supporting them adequately, though I would go with two up top from here on in myself. It's not like that extra man in midfield did us any good today.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fucking Awful Friday. Players getting crucified on here and rightly so. Thankful it wasn't more.

Was sceptical of the Allen/Shipley behind the lone striker and thought it seemed a bit like someone out of ideas, but was willing to give it a chance - it did not work. Dacosta has the positional sense of a primary school kid. Loads of poor performances and another injury (although how Rose has played it's probably not the worst person to have out provided the rest stay fit). Why this game decide to bring on two strikers and an ACM to change the game when we're 2-0 down? Why not do that against the likes of Wycombe?

Goes to show the difference in taking that early chance and not. We miss against Wycombe and only take a point. QPR score and it was pretty much game over.

Major questions to be asked over the last few games. Wycombe we started with the chances and then as the game went on the tactics became more and more negative until we were pretty much holding on for the draw. Happened earlier in the season against Derby and Brum - too negative. Then two weeks off and we come up with that. Bristol is the last chance for MR to show he's willing to make a fight of this season. If he doesn't play a team and formation with more attacking intent he's basically given up.

Massive changes needed for Monday.

Johhny Blue

Didn’t really expect point(s) today but would have liked to see a fist. Overall though we dodged a bullet with SheffW and Rotherham losing. Brum should lose later and Wood getting sent off was a bonus. Same position with one game less to keep our noses ahead

shepardo01

Yep watch every single game. Absolutely convinced we will do enough.
How/When...??
What are you seeing to make you think that?
Even taking today out of the equation we have been toothless, naive and poor plating a run of fixtures against bottom half teams.
Brentford was an absolute one off.
Having been in and around a fair bit of football in my time I remain very very worried about the remainder of the season.

Pezza

We don't have enough to stay up, Shipley is one of the worst players at this level and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

Hamer spends game fouling and pinging it around like Beckham but without the quality, McCallum clearly not good enough (Norwich worked this out and shipped him back), Hyam loves a left footed punt up field (it's not even his stronger foot!), Godden even before his injury isn't at this level, DaCosta is dreadful, I could go on... no plan, no idea, no style, no quality, no confidence, no energy... nothing and it's been like this for months now.

Very depressing and worrying times (not to mention the pandemic).

Adge

Only bonus is it was only 3 and not more. Slightly better 2nd half but we already knew as soon as the 2nd goal went in it was good night Irene.

Users who are viewing this thread