Question for a stato (2 Viewers)

skybluericoh

How many goals have we conceded from unforced errors and own goals this season? and how many points has it cost us?

I know own goals are usually forced by either a good ball in and creating a deflection or mis hit clearance, or attacker putting a defender under pressure, but we do seem to have had more than our usual tally this season.

Games that jump out to me WBA- keeper error, Tonight keeper, didn't have a great view of the first but looked like he should of got that, the third, yeah poor back pass but Collins should of made more of an effort. Cardiff two own goals if I remember right.

napolimp

The one at Middlesbrough, but they gifted us a lovely one first, so was only fair to return the favour.

Edit - Meant Watford at home.

Last edited:

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I reckon there's about 15 obvious individual errors that led directly to goals this season

I don't include all OGs in that as some are just unlucky deflections

Watford (H) - Thomas backpass
Norwich (H) - Eccles poor pass on edge of the box
WBA (H) - Wilson butterfingers
PNE (A) - McFadz gives away penalty
Swansea (H) - Allen loses it in the box
Leicester (H) - Thomas gives away penalty, poor MVE backpass
Plymouth (A) - Thomas dives in during the buildup
PNE (H) - Thomas outmuscled easily at far post
PNE (H) - DaSilva tackled in the box
Huddersfield (A) - Collins passing out from the back
Cardiff (H) - Kitching 1st OG
Southampton (A) - Collins weak punch
Hull (H) - Collins lets 1st one bobble over him
Hull (H) - Latibeaudiere gives away pen (multiple errors during buildup)
Hull (H) - Collins/Thomas backpass fiasco

Brighton Sky Blue

I’d be interested to know how many we’ve conceded from corners, including those from the second phase, compared to the average.

Deity

How many goals have we conceded from unforced errors and own goals this season? and how many points has it cost us?

I know own goals are usually forced by either a good ball in and creating a deflection or mis hit clearance, or attacker putting a defender under pressure, but we do seem to have had more than our usual tally this season.

Games that jump out to me WBA- keeper error, Tonight keeper, didn't have a great view of the first but looked like he should of got that, the third, yeah poor back pass but Collins should of made more of an effort. Cardiff two own goals if I remember right.
That would be interesting if compared to either league average or top 6 average.

Sky Blue Pete

Thomas and Collins look to be serial offenders.
They are but both have huge positives aspects to their games too
Not least bobbys equaliser and also his passing at times is top class and his tackling strength

Collins positioning and shot stopping up until the last 2 months has been top class

Jim

An important question would also be how many goals / points we’ve been gifted by mistakes from the opposition.

Flying Fokker

I reckon there's about 15 obvious individual errors that led directly to goals this season

14 points. Feels like more….i included the Hull game. This is after 75 minutes played/match. Not sure if any of the errors were before then.

PS just found this. Suggests we should be 7 points higher than we are based on the difference between gained and lost.

Attachments

• IMG_1665.png
    IMG_1665.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

blunted

Its not how many mistakes you make, it is only relevant if you keep making them in the future. Fadz was a liability early on but he got better and better, until he unfortunately got too slow for our new system. Collins started badly in pre-season, then was really good for quite some time. Been looking shell shocked recently.
It's a team game. Attack and defend as a team. Missing sitters and penalties messing up crosses, free kicks and corners are also important, although we have not been so bad in this respect. Corners could be better, although statistically teams rarely sore from corners.
There have been some very inconsistent performances from Palmer and JDS but they are getting better. Tatsu and the strikers took an age to settle. I expect the whole team to improve and limit the mistakes next season.
If the back five don't cut out the errors, it will be changed, such is the nature of the modern game.

rockwoodfleet

They are but both have huge positives aspects to their games too
Not least bobbys equaliser and also his passing at times is top class and his tackling strength

Collins positioning and shot stopping up until the last 2 months has been top class
Yep. Middlesbrough away is long forgotten now. Collins saves that day were outstanding.

CJ_covblaze

Cardiff away there were two horrific goals. Cross comes in. Godden and McFadzean might as have well have lifted the scorer to help him get to the ball. Then there was the third. Defensive and keeper mix up.

SkyblueTexan

Our first season back in the Championship we gave away a lot of silly goals. This season kind of reminds me of that. We improved defensively after that first season back and were comeback kings that second season. The third season we were clean sheet kings. I think due to all the new faces and the extended cup run we have taken a step back this season in terms of not quite hitting the levels of last season. Hopefully we have a more settled and bigger squad next season and we make a real fist of challenging for autos.

Users who are viewing this thread