Questions from the SBT (1 Viewer)

TheRoyalScam

Just received this e-mail from the SBT:

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RICOH

In the past few days there has been a lot of press surrounding the future of Coventry City playing at the Ricoh Arena, long term, short term, renting, owning, freehold etc and the Sky Blue Trust is attempting to cut through all the spin and misconceptions flying about by asking all the relevant parties some straightforward questions. The questions are not biased towards anyone party or anyone outcome but simply an attempt to demystify the whole affair and allow the fans to see what is actually going on.

The questions are all published below. They were emailed to all parties on 3rd November 2013 and when we have responses we will publish them to you, our members.

Otium Entertainment Group Limited
- have you ever received proposals from the Football League for them to broker talks with ACL on a rental deal of any kind?
- If so, did the Football League proposed talks include any offer from ACL of a rent free period?
- If so, did you inform the Football League that you rejected the proposal for talks and any rental offer? If so on what basis did you reject those proposals?
- What is the business case that makes remaining at Sixfields more viable than even a short term return to the Ricoh?
- In addition to the rent paid at Sixfields does CCFC pay match day costs?
- What match day revenue does CCFC receive whilst at Sixfields?
- Please define clearly the reasons why the only solution is for CCFC to own the freehold of its stadium – surely it is income streams that are of prime importance to the football club? That doesn’t necessarily mean freehold ownership.
- Are you willing to look at anything other than freehold ownership?
- Will Otium Entertainment Group Limited, its directors or owners enter in to any discussions with ACL regarding rental agreements?

ACL
- have you ever asked the Football League to broker rental talks with Otium Entertainment Group Ltd? If so when?
- Did ACL ever provide proposals for the Football League to put to Otium Entertainment Group that included a rent free period for the 2013/14 season?
- What period did those proposals cover?
- Did the proposals conveyed to the Football League include any rights to match day incomes? If not could these match day incomes be purchased by the club at extra cost?
- What do match day expenses cover please define the costs involved?
- Are you prepared to discuss with CCFC a new rental deal at the Ricoh Arena even on a short term basis?
- Have you placed any time limits on the possibility of discussions?

Coventry City Council
- Has the council ever made any rental proposals to CCFC, Otium Entertainment Group or SISU?
- Have the council excluded any potential option to settle the dispute?
- Has the freehold interest in the Ricoh Arena site ever been valued by the Council?
- has the Council been approached by any SISU related entity or agent or neighbouring Council in respect of building a stadium or sports facilities within the City boundaries or within 5 miles of those boundaries?
- Are the Council prepared to discuss further with CCFC & ACL the return of the club to the City?
- Has the Council estimated the loss of revenue to the local economy of CCFC playing outside the City? If so what is the estimate?

Football League
- Were the Football League ever asked to broker talks between CCFC/Otium and ACL
- Who asked the Football League to broker talks and when?
- Did the Football League receive proposals from ACL that included an immediate return to the Ricoh Arena on a rent free basis this season?
- Were the ACL proposals (including rent free period) put to Otium/CCFC by the Football League?
- Who from the Football League put the proposals to Otium/CCFC?
- Who from Otium/CCFC were the proposal put to and when?
- Did Otium/CCFC reject those proposals?
- What reasons did CCFC give for rejecting the proposals?

It'll be interesting to see which parties reply in full - I'm laying odds:
ACL 1/4 odds on favourite
Otium 3/1
CCC 6/1
FL 100/1

RoboCCFC90

In the past few days there has been a lot of press surrounding the future of Coventry City playing at the Ricoh Arena, long term, short term, renting, owning, freehold etc and the Sky Blue Trust is attempting to cut through all the spin and misconceptions flying about by asking all the relevant parties some straightforward questions. The questions are not biased towards anyone party or anyone outcome but simply an attempt to demystify the whole affair and allow the fans to see what is actually going on.

The questions are all published below. They were emailed to all parties on 3rd November 2013 and when we have responses we will publish them to you, our members.

- have you ever received proposals from the Football League for them to broker talks with ACL on a rental deal of any kind?
- If so, did the Football League proposed talks include any offer from ACL of a rent free period?
- If so, did you inform the Football League that you rejected the proposal for talks and any rental offer? If so on what basis did you reject those proposals?
- What is the business case that makes remaining at Sixfields more viable than even a short term return to the Ricoh?
- Please define clearly the reasons why the only solution is for CCFC to own the freehold of its stadium – surely it is income streams that are of prime importance to the football club? That doesn’t necessarily mean freehold ownership.
- Will Otium Entertainment Group Limited, its directors or owners enter in to any discussions with ACL regarding rental agreements?

ACL
- have you ever asked the Football League to broker rental talks with Otium Entertainment Group Ltd? If so when?
- Did ACL ever provide proposals for the Football League to put to Otium Entertainment Group that included a rent free period for the 2013/14 season?
- Did the proposals conveyed to the Football League include any rights to match day incomes? If not could these match day incomes be purchased by the club at extra cost?
- Are you prepared to discuss with CCFC a new rental deal at the Ricoh Arena even on a short term basis?

Coventry City Council
- Has the council ever made any rental proposals to CCFC, Otium Entertainment Group or SISU?
- Has the freehold interest in the Ricoh Arena site ever been valued by the Council?
- has the Council been approached by any SISU related entity or agent or neighbouring Council in respect of building a stadium or sports facilities within the City boundaries or within 5 miles of those boundaries?
- Are the Council prepared to discuss further with CCFC & ACL the return of the club to the City?
- Has the Council estimated the loss of revenue to the local economy of CCFC playing outside the City? If so what is the estimate?

Football League
- Were the Football League ever asked to broker talks between CCFC/Otium and ACL
- Did the Football League receive proposals from ACL that included an immediate return to the Ricoh Arena on a rent free basis this season?
- Were the ACL proposals (including rent free period) put to Otium/CCFC by the Football League?

Otium 3/1
CCC 6/1
FL 100/1

"CCC 6/1" I don't know about that, you'll get long odds on Otium and CCC I would think.

Covstu

i think ACL will be the only ones to respond unless they sit them down and demand answers!!

James Smith

Otium 3/1
CCC 6/1
FL 100/1

Will Tim be able to leave the badger droppings alone long enough to answer, or can ML do it as an independent non executive director?

bigfatronssba

ACL will give the most detailed answers.
Otium and CCC will each answer only the questions they want to answer.
FL will reply about how they don't comment on specific cases and refer back to Otium/CCC/ACL

James Smith

I can't wait to hear the answer to question 7 from Otium Entertainment Group Limited. Suspect I won't though.

Nick

Administrator
Couldn't they have put those questions on Fisher at the SCG meeting? Put him on the spot.

Godiva

Couldn't they have put those questions on Fisher at the SCG meeting? Put him on the spot.

I think written replys are better.

James Smith

That would have been fun, but he would probably have said it was unfair for him to be asked about them in person whereas the others were getting a list to respond to at their leisure.

skybluetony176

i think otium will answer every question. whether it matches the question will be a different matter, politician style.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think it was important from the Trust point of view that each of the parties involved got the questions at the same time and in the same way Nick. Demonstrates an even handed approach

James Smith

Think it was important from the Trust point of view that each of the parties involved got the questions at the same time and in the same way Nick. Demonstrates an even handed approach

If it stops OEGL and/or ACL and/or CCC and/or FL from using that as an excuse then good.

RoboCCFC90

Question & Answer Otium Entertainment Group Limited (With Tim Fisher)
- Tim have you ever received proposals from the Football League for them to broker talks with ACL on a rental deal of any kind? - No I haven't, but lets be frank the Football League are just bending over backwards for us and we aim to please their stringent needs shortly.
- If so Mr Fisher, did the Football League proposed talks include any offer from ACL of a rent free period? - We did indeed have a long and hard talk but ACL's offer was never discussed.
- If so Tim, did you inform the Football League that you rejected the proposal for talks and any rental offer? If so on what basis did you reject those proposals? - Because three's a crowd.
- Tim what is the business case that makes remaining at Sixfields more viable than even a short term return to the Ricoh? - Numbers confuse me I have no idea what I am even saying half the time.
- In addition to the rent paid at Sixfields does CCFC pay match day costs? - Sub judice.
- Tim what match day revenue does CCFC receive whilst at Sixfields? - Well we get Pie and Drink money now though and as you can tell from me and Steve Waggott we have spent a majority of our time at the Food Bar since we have moved to Sixfields and our long term vision is that this move will benefit the club.
- Timothy please define clearly the reasons why the only solution is for CCFC to own the freehold of its stadium – surely it is income streams that are of prime importance to the football club? That doesn’t necessarily mean freehold ownership. - Joy say's we must and in Joy We Trust.
- Are you willing to look at anything other than freehold ownership Tim? - Depends on where your asking me to look *Wink Wink
- Will Otium Entertainment Group Limited, its directors or owners enter in to any discussions with ACL regarding rental agreements? - Computer says no.

Sky Blue Dal

ACL

Coventry City Council

Football League

Otium 3/1
CCC 6/1
FL 100/1

GRRRR!!!

This does not ask the question to Otium/SISU regarding what is there latest update and plans for the construction of the new stadium considering you have just rejected ACL/Higgs offer of Free rent in favour of staying at Sixfields whilst the stadium is being built . Also need to indicate to them and FL that this was the main and important reason the FL were justified into handing over the golden share to Otium and for temporarily leaving Coventry .

shmmeee

GRRRR!!!

This does not ask the question to Otium/SISU regarding what is there latest update and plans for the construction of the new stadium considering you have just rejected ACL/Higgs offer of Free rent in favour of staying at Sixfields whilst the stadium is being built . Also need to indicate to them and FL that this was the main and important reason the FL were justified into handing over the golden share to Otium and for temporarily leaving Coventry .

I think this is supposed to specifically focus on the Ricoh rent/freehold debate.

There's plenty of chances to ask about the stadium and it doesn't involve any other parties. Of course, we all know the answer you'll get as Labiabitch mentioned it in interview the other day ("We're pressing ahead").

James Smith

I think this is supposed to specifically focus on the Ricoh rent/freehold debate.

There's plenty of chances to ask about the stadium and it doesn't involve any other parties. Of course, we all know the answer you'll get as Labiabitch mentioned it in interview the other day ("We're pressing ahead").
He said to Shane O'Connor that they were "running very hard at it" whatever that means, personally I'd be planning it not trying to improve personal fitness.

Sky Blue Dal

Fair enough, but I still feel that a question should be asked such as if all talks fail, what preparations have they made so far for this new Stadium and to ask the football league on how they will regulate this.

All I see is us fans are our own worst enemy We are just allowing this Ricoh debate to carry on and on by demanding a return to the Ricoh. This will keep carrying on a lot longer that what is required. If not resolved before the new year then it is time we show Otium/SISU that we have given up on this plan to return to the Ricoh and now show us what they promised ....a new stadium!

At least by doing this, we will see how serious they are about the club. Its just one big poker game between the Fans, Otium and ACL. To end this we the fans need to call Otiums/SISU bluff.

The stadium may not happen, but it would be interesting to see what other tactics they have up there sleeves considering everything they have said are in the public domain and with the FL.

Last edited:

tisza

How many of the questions for ccc can be asked under the freedom of information act?

shmmeee

Fair enough, but I still feel that a question should be asked such as if all talks fail, what preparations have they made so far for this new Stadium and to ask the football league on how they will regulate this.

All I see is us fans are our own worst enemy We are just allowing this Ricoh debate to carry on and on by demanding a return to the Ricoh. This will keep carrying on a lot longer that what is required. If not resolved before the new year then it is time we show Otium/SISU that we have given up on this plan to return to the Ricoh and now show us what they promised ....a new stadium!

At least by doing this, we will see how serious they are about the club. Its just one big poker game between the Fans, Otium and ACL. To end this we the fans need to call Otiums/SISU bluff.

The stadium may not happen, but it would be interesting to see what other tactics they have up there sleeves considering everything they have said are in the public domain and with the FL.

I agree completely. I'd love to see CCC call their bluff and offer them a site or fans groups publically back that option, then we'd see they're full of shit.

Heard a rumour today Fisher has admitted its bullshit in certain circles.

shmmeee

How many of the questions for ccc can be asked under the freedom of information act?

Coventry City Council
Commercially sensitive for private entity (CCFC/Otium): NO - Has the council ever made any rental proposals to CCFC, Otium Entertainment Group or SISU?
Conjecture/Commercially sensitive: NO - Have the council excluded any potential option to settle the dispute?
YES - Has the freehold interest in the Ricoh Arena site ever been valued by the Council?
YES - has the Council been approached by any SISU related entity or agent or neighbouring Council in respect of building a stadium or sports facilities within the City boundaries or within 5 miles of those boundaries?
Commercially sensitive/Conjecture: NO - Are the Council prepared to discuss further with CCFC & ACL the return of the club to the City?
YES - Has the Council estimated the loss of revenue to the local economy of CCFC playing outside the City? If so what is the estimate?

That's just my guess IANAL.

TheRoyalScam

I remember giving odds on who would actually answer the questions:

Otium 3/1
CCC 6/1
FL 100/1

S'pose three out of four ain't that bad - you just can't bet against Tim/Otium's 'PR' stance;)

Apologies - ended up on wrong thread - quite an interesting thread though....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread