quiet on here (1 Viewer)

Lamptey

Went today, Walsall looked tidier in possession from the start.... Maddison going off seem to unsettle us, even though Murphy did well and brilliant goal.

Without boring everyone, these tight pitches don't suit us, Ricoh today I think we win.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think the thing was we were force to change a working team early on which affected our rhythm from the off. Walsall were a good team though and we were well beaten.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes - I think the bigger/better the pitch, the more it will suit us. Little boggy pitches, we will have to 'find a way' as the cliche goes. Everything crossed that Madders isn't out for long (if at all) and that TM has a player lined up to strengthen/plan B to deal with it.

Sky Blue Harry H

i think credit where its due that James O'Connor marked Armstrong out of the game and it threw us

Didn't go today and fair play to their fella if so, but it didn't sound as though Armstrong was given anything to feed off (listened on the radio, so maybe not so?)

Sky Blue Harry H

It's going to happen more often as well. Talk of us walking the league was premature to say the least

I'll only agree with 'more often'' if his supply is cut off. In the 2 home games alone, he's looked a class above this league, and I don't think many defences will consistently subdue him. ) Also, you don't rate CW at premiership level, so.............;)

RFC

Saddlers midfield 'bossed' the game and they kept it very tight at the back, really managed to cut the supply off to 'Arma'!
Maddison injury probably didn't help and JOB took up his position whilst Murphy's pace and control were impressive and what a strike.

Most of the problems came down our right and one of their goals appeared to be a player active off-side and Burge 'spilled' a fierce shot.

We did hit the woodwork from a FK 'Arma', hopefully just a temporary set back!

wingy

Saddlers midfield 'bossed' the game and they kept it very tight at the back, really managed to cut the supply off to 'Arma'!
Maddison injury probably didn't help and JOB took up his position whilst Murphy's pace and control were impressive and what a strike.

Most of the problems came down our right and one of their goals appeared to be a player active off-side and Burge 'spilled' a fierce shot.

We did hit the woodwork from a FK 'Arma', hopefully just a temporary set back!
Fair points.

Swiftlyon

Believe it or not, the pitch at Bescot is bigger than that at the Ricoh.

it is a bit of an optical illusion because the ground, which is comparably small, is very tight to the pitch.

Due to our passing style we have made the pitch as big as possible within the confines of the stadium.

Ricoh is 105 x 68 whereas Bescot is 110 x 73.

D

Deleted member 2477

Have to agree with RFC for once. Our defence problems are down the right and the last two games have shown it. Willis is not a right back and constantly gets pulled out of position leaving their winger and left back to get behind him.

they totally bossed the midfield today and other than the goal which was a great strike and the freekick by Armstrong that came off the bar we never really had a shot on goal

simonregis

I was surprised at TM selection to be honest. I thought he may outwit Walsall and leave out Armstrong and Maddison and go with Turgay and Murphy.

It's good to have a settled side but it's easy to know how we are going to play.

Otis

I was surprised at TM selection to be honest. I thought he may outwit Walsall and leave out Armstrong and Maddison and go with Turgay and Murphy.

It's good to have a settled side but it's easy to know how we are going to play.

Outwit by dropping a striker who has scored 5 goals in 3 games and a player who has attibuted many assists to the goals we have scored?

I wouldn't call that 'outwit' I would call that 'halfwit.'

ccfcway

3 wins out of 4. I would have snapped anyones if they offered that at the start of the season.

No need for anyone to be negative, and also no need for the "awaits the negative posts" posts.

The Lurker

Tbf mowbary was outdone by smith yesterday. They clearly did their homework on us and we were outwitted by the better manager and team on the day. It's going to happen but we had no plan b apart from reda last 5 mins

Users who are viewing this thread