Quieter On Here? (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Is it me or is it quieter on this site recently? If so, is that a symptom of lost interest by fans due to the sh@t which is being thrown at us? Oh wait.......no good asking people who are still here is it? The question should be directed to those who are not here any longer!

SkyBlueScottie

Repetitive nature of threads and by and large a quiet time for the club. Plus message boards are always quieter ( at least CCFC ones are) when the team is doing ok and winning a few games.

Tonylinc

We all would love to talk about football and nothing else but with our problems it is hard to ignore the "off the field", stuff is it not?

asb

Nothing much has changed. The weather has helped reduce what can be talked about, and everything else is stale.

All we seem to have is the same people arguing the same points over and over, and creating pointless threads asking theoretical questions based on their original unproven hypothesis of the situation.

ccfc92

We all would love to talk about football and nothing else but with our problems it is hard to ignore the "off the field", stuff is it not?

Something that those having a go at those posting the same off field stuff fail to understand

letsallsingtogether

True what else is there left to speak about at the moment. we all want what is best for the club.

To be fair I come on here to see what is happening with our club as nothing gets past the posters on here. I then get dragged in after saying not today:mad:

Team mid table our usual position at this stage of the season

Best striker leaves usual

Nobody of any worth coming in usual

We Start off all positive then Wham another kick in the nuts.

Something that those having a go at those posting the same off field stuff fail to understand

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

So if somebody wants to post the same thing over and over, do it in the same thread. It isn't hard to understand is it?

RegTheDonk

Have felt a bit deflated since Elvis admitted we don't have much chance of progressing this season now. If he's seeing reality, I guess we all should. On the pitch, it feels like we'll plod on for a mid table finish...but will await the next corner on our roller coaster - be it ownership, signings, releases, or petitions. See what any new talking points bring.

Sky Blue Harry H

I've only been quieter lately, as my back garden fence is getting a right battering (no metaphor intended :eek: ) and my missus is hoping that my pen pushing day job is going to turn me into a construction engineer/carpenter with a few words of encouragement!!!

At least if game is on - Mcleans doubtful for them (was worried about him) and that tall lad Hansen should get blown over by the wind :D

Tonylinc

I've only been quieter lately, as my back garden fence is getting a right battering (no metaphor intended :eek: ) and my missus is hoping that my pen pushing day job is going to turn me into a construction engineer/carpenter with a few words of encouragement!!!

At least if game is on - Mcleans doubtful for them (was worried about him) and that tall lad Hansen should get blown over by the wind :D
Hanson? Reminds me too much of that striker from Sutton.

The Reverend Skyblue

The petty point scoring on here lately has overwhelmed the site and its just gets incredibly boring to read it .

I come on most days but within the first two posts you know what the rest of the day is going to be like, so I just go on other sites that have supporters from all the clubs in the country, you can actually talk about football on them.

99% of the fans know all sides are to blame for this mess,its a shame it always boils down to, who did this ?, but they did that ? , all the time

skybluericoh

I pop in and look but to be fair not really interested. I think the bar stewards have finally beaten me down. Can't even see how I ever afforded to go to football as I'm as skint as ever, but should be a least a grand better off! How does that work?

Tonylinc

I pop in and look but to be fair not really interested. I think the bar stewards have finally beaten me down. Can't even see how I ever afforded to go to football as I'm as skint as ever, but should be a least a grand better off! How does that work?
I know exactly how you feel.....me too

Changeyourface

Only come on here occasionally now days. As soon as it became the norm for grown men to use terms like "Shitfields" and "SISUed" etc. I couldn't bring myself to keep reading the same shit everyday.

mark82

I don't have a problem discussing off field issues. No-one does. But keep it in relevant threads. It just gets tedious every thread being taken down the same route. Surprised people don't get bored talking over and over the same points.

ccfcway

we are Coventry City football club, and its bizarre that people are constantly saying threads are being taken down the same route. Correct me if i am wrong, but is that route ithat Coventry City arent playing in the City of Coventry ?

Isnt this like going on the take that forum when they split up, and despite starting a thread about "their best ever B side", someone wanted to talk about them spliting up ?

:D

ccfcway

People are fed up with threads turning into the same over and over again.

genuine question, why dont you just make a sticky about "we no longer play in Coventry" and just signpost people to that when they go off thread. People will soon get the message. At the moment, there isnt a constant focal point for people to do that.

Nick

Administrator
genuine question, why dont you just make a sticky about "we no longer play in Coventry" and just signpost people to that when they go off thread. People will soon get the message. At the moment, there isnt a constant focal point for people to do that.

People don't get the message. People think they have some god given right to do what they want I guess.

If they have a post moderated they go off their tits crying outrage like it is some big conspiracy against them and love to be the victim.

ccfcway

People don't get the message. People think they have some god given right to do what they want I guess.

If they have a post moderated they go off their tits crying outrage like it is some big conspiracy against them and love to be the victim.

all the more reason to have a sticky and say "put this on the "we no longer play in coventry thread""

As it stands there is no definitive point on this forum to post comments on this. As a result, pretty much every thread becomes about the current major issue facing the club, that we have lost at least 80% of home fans due to not playing in Coventry.

Ashdown1

85% of fans don't go to home games anymore. Money has killed the game in general. How many of us are now looking forward to watching City every week/other week ? Not many ? What is there to get excited about ?

ccfcway

85% of fans don't go to home games anymore. Money has killed the game in general. How many of us are now looking forward to watching City every week/other week ? Not many ? What is there to get excited about ?

the new stadium announcement in 3 weeks ?

smouch1975

I went and watched the 'Wolf of Wall street' last night. Not as good as the books. But did still convey the bullshit attitude of them all. And there were some really great boobs. Anybody else seen it?

Users who are viewing this thread