Quieter On Here? (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

People don't get the message. People think they have some god given right to do what they want I guess.

If they have a post moderated they go off their tits crying outrage like it is some big conspiracy against them and love to be the victim.

It's difficult to talk football when there's an elephant in the room.

henry the wasp

I went and watched the 'Wolf of Wall street' last night. Not as good as the books. But did still convey the bullshit attitude of them all. And there were some really great boobs. Anybody else seen it?

Yeah, thought it was a good half an hour too long. Jonah hill played his character really well.
Ok film, not read the books though.
Oh yeah, lovely boobs.

Last edited:

blueflint

my opinion is that most fans are losing interest and finding other things to do on saturdays

ccfc92

So if somebody wants to post the same thing over and over, do it in the same thread. It isn't hard to understand is it?

But surely it's relevant to every thread?

When we win, sign players etc that's all great, but the thought of "will CCFC still exist?" is always at the back of fans minds?

Once the off field problems are sorted, you will find threads will stay on topic IMO

Nick

Administrator
But surely it's relevant to every thread?

When we win, sign players etc that's all great, but the thought of "will CCFC still exist?" is always at the back of fans minds?

Once the off field problems are sorted, you will find threads will stay on topic IMO

No, it isn't relevant to every thread. People don't want to talk about it in every thread.

Off field problems or not, people need to learn how to use forums as we will be clamping down and people will get bans if they act like dicks about it.

ccfc92

No, it isn't relevant to every thread. People don't want to talk about it in every thread.

Off field problems or not, people need to learn how to use forums as we will be clamping down and people will get bans if they act like dicks about it.

So if say Moussa signs a contract for another 3 years, it will be an offence for someone to say "well that's if CCFC exist for 3 years" ?

mark82

So if say Moussa signs a contract for another 3 years, it will be an offence for someone to say "well that's if CCFC exist for 3 years" ?

It's irrelevant. Man City may not exist in 3 years. Chelsea may not exist in 3 years. We all may be dead in three years.

GaryPendrysEyes

If people purposely try to take threads off topic then yes.

But you are as bad or worst than most--so what happens when you ban yourself??

Seriously if you want a GMK mkII, just ban a load of people you dont agree with, and you and the other 3 can enjoy yourselves...

valiant15

Seriously if you want a GMK mkII, just ban a load of people you dont agree with, and you and the other 3 can enjoy yourselves...

Thats what it looks like isn't it.

Nick doesn't agree with people slagging off sisu so threatens to ban them.

Utterly pathetic.

What about the other lot, the pro sisu anti council brigade?

They get a pat on the back because he agrees with them.

What happened to freedom of speech?

covmark

Utterly pathetic.

Are you not bored of seeing the same people arguing about the same shite in every thread?

Nick

Administrator

Utterly pathetic.

Who have I threatened to ban? I have also sent PM's out this week to people you would call Pro SISU.

People can say what they want, but not in every thread the same old stuff, the same old arguments. Is it that hard to understand or are you going to give it the "people know me" stuff again?

I think you will find when things are report they get dealt with, whether it is Pro SISU / Pro ACL or anything but you keep acting the victim like always.

Nick

Administrator

When I try to take threads down a SISU / ACL argument feel free to report them, I usually chime in when it is well underway and people post stupid things ;)

Ashdown1

Yes it does get all a bit tedious but it's the most serious thing going on at the club. If you think people are going to spend hours debating the arrival of a couple of temporary 18 year old loanees over the ongoing saga of the clubs exile and the potential for future disaster and extinction then you're wrong. Every day now Nick is beginning to sound more like a kid with a new toy. If you don't want contrary opinions then I'd suggest you shut down the bloody forum altogether.

Nick

Administrator
Yes it does get all a bit tedious but it's the most serious thing going on at the club. If you think people are going to spend hours debating the arrival of a couple of temporary 18 year old loanees over the ongoing saga of the clubs exile and the potential for future disaster and extinction then you're wrong. Every day now Nick is beginning to sound more like a kid with a new toy. If you don't want contrary opinions then I'd suggest you shut down the bloody forum altogether.

Seriously? Have you read anything?

PEOPLE CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT, JUST KEEP IT IN THE THREADS ABOUT IT........

IF a post is about a new signing, why would people go in and say "I would never go to Sixfields" randomly. It really isn't a hard concept. If you want to give your reasons why you don't go to Sixfields, then feel free but keep it in the same thread rather than copying and pasting it into every thread.

When have I ever removed a post I didn't agree with just because I didn't agree with it? I haven't so give it up with the "new toy" stuff as you are just talking rubbish.

As usual is it the same people who try to stir shit up trying to do it in here with their conspiracy / victim shite. Feel free to post up where I have threatened to ban any of you?

covmark

It's not about contrary opinions though ashdown. Every thread gets turned into the same old crap that we've all heard thousands of times.

Nick

Administrator
It's not about contrary opinions though ashdown. Every thread gets turned into the same old crap that we've all heard thousands of times.

People don't understand that though.

It is much easier to spout shite about how I am being paid off by SISU and all of that ;)

shmmeee

By both sides. I think that's what people have an issue with if it's painted (as it is) as only an issue with one side.

There are just as many who take threads off about the council (grendel's doing it on one thread as we speak, ccfc4life is also culpable) that do about Sisu. The only difference is that Sisu own the club and therefore actually have some link to the main topic of this forum.

Nick

Administrator
By both sides. I think that's what people have an issue with if it's painted (as it is) as only an issue with one side.

There are just as many who take threads off about the council (grendel's doing it on one thread as we speak) that do about Sisu. The only difference is that Sisu own the club and therefore actually have some link to the main topic of this forum.

Of course, it works both ways and when threads are report they get dealt with and if for some reason nothing happens I PM the reporter to explain why nothing might have been done.

Yes, SISU own the club but they don't need to be brought into every thread when it was a video posted of a goal or Jordan Clarke's new boots. People can say whatever they want, state their opinion (it is the whole idea of a forum) but just not the same argument, in every thread. People know they are doing it.

covmark

There are just as many who take threads off about the council (grendel's doing it on one thread as we speak) that do about Sisu. The only difference is that Sisu own the club and therefore actually have some link to the main topic of this forum.
Absolutely by both sides. I think it's more noticeable from the more fervent anti sisu posters, because there's more of them.

Ashdown1

I think it's all a bit unavoidable sadly. These forums are generally the only way fans can express their feelings with a situation that has been getting steadily worse for a couple of years now. Emotion will inevitably lead to finger pointing and counter finger pointing as the merry go round continues. The only time the forum comes alive is when a lot of City fans have been to a match and can discuss the day. Whilst 85% are not attending regularly then they can mainly only discuss the reasons why not and their stance !

Nick

Administrator
I think it's all a bit unavoidable sadly. These forums are generally the only way fans can express their feelings with a situation that has been getting steadily worse for a couple of years now. Emotion will inevitably lead to finger pointing and counter finger pointing as the merry go round continues. The only time the forum comes alive is when a lot of City fans have been to a match and can discuss the day. Whilst 85% are not attending regularly then they can mainly only discuss the reasons why not and their stance !

Yes, BUT NOT IN EVERY THREAD.

It isn't a hard concept is it? Seriously?

People come on here and act like kids.

chiefdave

Yes, BUT NOT IN EVERY THREAD.

It isn't a hard concept is it? Seriously?

People come on here and act like kids.

Maybe have more moderators and take a bit more action if threads are derailed such removing the posts going off topic, temp bans for repeat offenders, merging multiple posts on the same subject? Might not work but if people can't 'get away with it' as easily they might think twice.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe have more moderators and take a bit more action if threads are derailed such removing the posts going off topic, temp bans for repeat offenders, merging multiple posts on the same subject? Might not work but if people can't 'get away with it' as easily they might think twice.

Thanks Dave, I think that will be the plan :)

torchomatic

Wow, something I'd never see, you telling someone to grow up.

Because you don't agree with what i say?

I don't agree with what you say but i wouldn't want you banned.

Grow up mark.

Nick

Administrator
Wow, something I'd never see, you telling someone to grow up.

Can it stay on topic without more bickering? :(

I reckon a sub forum for people to go one on one in, like in Ice Hockey, people can "step outside" into another no holds barred room ;)

torchomatic

I'm up for that kind of setup. I'm as guilty as any sometimes so if I got a temporary ban then it would be no one else's fault but my own.

Nick

Administrator
The process wouldn't be bam you are banned.

It would be a polite PM, then a warning through the site with a reason and then probably a final warning before a weeks ban (maybe even a day just to chill out).

ccfc92

The process wouldn't be bam you are banned.

It would be a polite PM, then a warning through the site with a reason and then probably a final warning before a weeks ban (maybe even a day just to chill out).

a ban for what though? Going off topic?

J

Jack Griffin

Can we ban Nick for turning a discussion on the forum being quieter into one on banning for going off topic please.

mark82

I'm up for that kind of setup. I'm as guilty as any sometimes so if I got a temporary ban then it would be no one else's fault but my own.

We all are. I'm sure even Nick would admit he does on occasion. But it needs to be clamped down on because it's ruining a good forum.

Users who are viewing this thread