Racism (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Methinks that people have quickly seen through Mr Herbert from SoBL. The link for the Spurs story is here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20244204

and here are a couple of the 'Highest Rated' readers comments -

"Where has this Society for Black Lawyers come from? Surely there is some irony here..."Black Lawyers" is the same as "Y** Army"
I daresay Mr Herbert is enjoying the limelight."

"Peter Herbert seems to have identified a rather large cash cow, and he's getting ready to milk it."

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm proud to be Irish. I LOVE the Irish jokes! I don't find them offensive at all, just the same as I don't mind if anyone calls me a "Paddy". (Now, thick Paddy. That's a different ting, so it is, to be sure!) :p

Otis

Does this all mean that Dudley Zoo can no longer say it's in the Black Country?

MusicDating

Marco Pierre White has not long taken over The Black Boy Inn in Oxfordshire, the big old racist. If White is his real name.

:whistle:

kg82

Does this all mean that Dudley Zoo can no longer say it's in the Black Country?

Wouldn't be surprised. Same as a few years ago when they said you couldn't call a blackboard a blackboard. It was a chalkboard.

Nick

Administrator
I think if someone ever tried to insult me by calling me a white honky I would end up laughing.

Exactly. If somebody called me a white boy then they would just be describing what I was. I see it as somebody calling me a human being....

Grendel

Same happened to Terry though didn't it.

People immediately came out and said he was guilty and called for his captain's armband from the England team before any trial or hearing.

The same didn't happen to Terry though. He said what he said. If anyone else said that in any other walk of life they would be sacked and unemployed for ever.

This is the root cause of the problem. He should have been dealt with.

Otis

Yep, he said what he said but then was found not guilty in a court of law.

If he had have been sacked like you say he would then have been able to take the employer to court for unfair dismissal. Don't see if he was unfairly dismissed that he would be unemployable. In fact, quite the opposite.

Not guilty in court means he would have sued their arses off.

Otis

Think Michael Jackson has.

He's been racially abused as a black man and then a white man.

Paxman II

I lived and worked in Texas near Houston for a number of years. Enjoyed travels to the 'black belt' in the South and I love New Orleans.
I love a lot of 'black' culture and enjoy many black friends and associations.
There is nowhere on Earth more divided than the USA regarding this issue. The recent election of Barack Obama shows us that all too clearly with over 93% of the black vote going his way.
People will always have issues and the thought police can not be allowed to control the people. Racism is wrong in all it's ugly form.Where we should draw the line of what offensive and what isn't should be a matter of common sense.
However trying to legislate for it is the craziest idea I have ever heard.
Where do these people think it will lead? There can be nothing more devisive than taking this stance and I for one am extremely offended by their racist attitudes towards me (a white guy for the sake of terminology of the argument) but never think of myself as any different from being black or white. Culturally different , yes but skin colour makes no difference to me. If your a good guy, your a good guy, a bad guy , a bad guy. In the USA over 85% of prison inmates are black. Yoy could argue the bad guy is mostly the black guy?

This idea from the lawyers just fuels racial hatred. No good can possibly come from it. It's like a simmering culdron and someone needs to calm the waters before society loses it grasp.

Last edited:

Otis

Well for one, how on earth are they going to stop the 'hissing' at Spurs fans from rival supporters?

You do that with your mouth closed surely and that would be impossible to police.

Therefore you could stop Spurs fans chanting 'Yid Army' but couldn't stop Arsenal fans hissing and the latter is by far and away the worst and the worst by some distance.

Nick

Administrator
Not football related but read this :

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...safe-door-open-awarded-50-000-92746-32188275/

This bit:

Miss Anderson, who is black,

AND

She alleged two white males had been involved in similar offences without punishment – prompting her compensation claim for sex discrimination.

Do they have to quote what colour people are now?

Basically she left work early leaving a safe open and people in charge who didnt know what they were doing (in a bank) and got sacked but claimed it was because she was black and a woman!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Would be interesting to see the judgement Nick............ I suspect she has been awarded the sum because proper proceedure in her sacking and work related stress has not been followed rather than anything to do with race or gender.

Employment law is an absolute minefield and often what looks the right and proper decision by the employer is found to be negligent on their part for not following proceedure. It is that breach of proceedures that gives rise to compensation more often than not

Nick

Administrator
Noo it wasn't the fact she got awarded money. Just the race card being thrown in for good measure and the way how it states what colour people are.

Should I have an extra profile field on here to show if people are black, white, chinese etc?

MusicDating

Mr Wilfred Wright-Herbert, the head of the the League of Old Lawyers (LOL) has reiterated his threat to report Spurs fans to the police if they continue their chants relating to goalkeeper Brad Friedel.

The chant, believed to be 'He's old, he's bald, his 'keeping is pure gold, Brad Friedel', is offensive to old people says Mr Wright-Herbert, 90, and must be stopped.

Mr Wright-Herbert, speaking exclusively to anyone who'll listen, said Tottenham's excuse that it is a defense mechanism "wouldn't make sense to an 86 year old".

When asked to response to claims that he was simply trying to promote more business for his members, Mr Wright-Herbert replied; "I couldn't give a monkey's".

Otis

Mr Wilfred Wright-Herbert, the head of the the League of Old Lawyers (LOL) has reiterated his threat to report Spurs fans to the police if they continue their chants relating to goalkeeper Brad Friedel.

The chant, believed to be 'He's old, he's bald, his 'keeping is pure gold, Brad Friedel', is offensive to old people says Mr Wright-Herbert, 90, and must be stopped.

Mr Wright-Herbert, speaking exclusively to anyone who'll listen, said Tottenham's excuse that it is a defense mechanism "wouldn't make sense to an 86 year old".

When asked to response to claims that he was simply trying to promote more business for his members, Mr Wright-Herbert replied; "I couldn't give a monkey's".

To which The Society of Lawyer Monkeys were quite outraged.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember when I was a kid in the 1950's, "race issues" meant who could run the fastest!

scroobiustom

Wow, racist comment of the day! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread