Raheem Sterling could be on £300,000 a WEEK! (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry lads, but I think this is just ridiculous! No wonder clubs are struggling if players are being that greedy! No man is worth that wage! No matter what he does! I retired from my last job earning 25k a year. I would have to work 12 YEARS to earn what he is earning in a week. And it isn't even work really, is it? Show up for a couple of hours kick-about training each day, play a game on Saturday and that's about it really. And this doesn't include any sponsorship deals he'll be on. It's no surprise that the fans are paying out a small fortune each week to watch a game!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
While people like Sky keep paying Billions, players can demand it.
Sadly true, Nick. For me, Sky have ruined the working man's footie game.

CJ_covblaze

Sorry lads, but I think this is just ridiculous! No wonder clubs are struggling if players are being that greedy! No man is worth that wage! No matter what he does! I retired from my last job earning 25k a year. I would have to work 12 YEARS to earn what he is earning in a week. And it isn't even work really, is it? Show up for a couple of hours kick-about training each day, play a game on Saturday and that's about it really. And this doesn't include any sponsorship deals he'll be on. It's no surprise that the fans are paying out a small fortune each week to watch a game!

300k a week isn’t out of the ordinary now. Sad state of affairs.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I find it so strange how people pick up on Sterling more than any other player, I guess it must be Daily Mail readers as they like to make a headline regardless of what he does. There are a lot of players on that kind of money. Rumours Ramsey wanted £300,000 a week too this week but for some reason it wasn’t worthy of a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

I find it so strange how people pick up on Sterling more than any other player, I guess it must be Daily Mail readers as they like to make a headline regardless of what he does. There are a lot of players on that kind of money. Rumours Ramsey wanted £300,000 a week too this week but for some reason it wasn’t worthy of a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Easy target wasn’t he after the Liverpool exit and not performing for England. He is a cracking player in my opinion, people say anyone can score 20 goals in that team are just idiots

rob9872

Basic supply and demand - no problem with it at all. Odd that we don't see mentions for film stars or singers who are equally well remunerated for often having little talent. Good luck to them all, make it while you can and while someone is prepared to pay it. If anyone has any anger to direct it should be at those irresponsibly handing out the telephone number sales, contracts and general sponsorship rather than those who are given the contracts.

In Sterling's case he (imo) is rapidly becoming one of the Premierships best players too - still only a young man and would be lauded for his goals and assists if he was from overseas.

Nick

Administrator
No idea how you could spend 300k a week. It would be fun trying though.

Did hear on the news that Adele made 15 million last year (probably not far off what Sterling will get) without going to work.

CJ_covblaze

Did hear on the news that Adele made 15 million last year (probably not far off what Sterling will get) without going to work.

She's a peasant. Guns & Roses made 84 million. Bruce did 75 million. They were on tour and had to go to work though!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Yeah but for some absurd reason, musicians, actors, Formula 1 drivers, general shithouses like the Social Media celebrities are completely devoid of criticism for their salaries. That's kept only for the footballers.

Nick

Administrator
She's a peasant. Guns & Roses made 84 million. Bruce did 75 million. They were on tour and had to go to work though!

Exactly, that's in a year without her having to lift a finger.

The amount of boredom as well with that amount of money would end up getting stupid.

Terry Gibson's perm

If Man City want to pay it then it’s their choice it’s mad money is he worth it probably not but I’m not giving him the deal. If he left the player they sign will want the same anyway and they would probably have had to pay for him as well.

The only issue is that it pushes the bar higher and the premier average like Ramsay suddenly believe they are worth the same, good on Arsenal saying no thanks.

CJ_covblaze

Fair play to him

tisza

It's not just the actual wages being paid it's the knock-on effects it creates going down the leagues.
Wages shouldn't increase just to use up TV money. Soon the PL clubs will start to slow wages down as it is unsustainable for all but a few clubs.
But some just don't seem to care as shown by the ridiculous level of transfer fees. A few huge fees already had a knock-on effect on the price of average players.
Championship average wages ever increasing with no TV contract to pay for it. Huge debt there even for clubs just trying to survive in that League .

Gazolba

They are getting their share of TV money.
When you consider the vast sums paid for TV rights, he is one of the 22 players providing the entertainment (some of those misses are quite amusing).
He doesn't get the whole 300k since the government takes a large percentage of it
And when he spends what's left, it enters the economy and benefits other people.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully those officials won't be back any time soon.

Shocking the one behind the goal and the lino didn't see it

PurpleBin

What was the score when that happened? If they were clearly ahead and he was switched on he could have done himself a favour and told the ref it wasn't a penalty.

I remember Fowler doing it 96/97ish.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

What was the score when that happened? If they were clearly ahead and he was switched on he could have done himself a favour and told the ref it wasn't a penalty.

I remember Fowler doing it 96/97ish.
Was only 1-0. We'd all like someone to do that, but let's be honest it's very, very, very rare to happen. The fact you (rightly) pointed to Fowler all those years ago makes you realise how infrequent it is. Again, (not saying you are) but others, including one of the idiots on TalkSport, will target Sterling in a way they never would Kane, for example.

PurpleBin

Was only 1-0. We'd all like someone to do that, but let's be honest it's very, very, very rare to happen. The fact you (rightly) pointed to Fowler all those years ago makes you realise how infrequent it is. Again, (not saying you are) but others, including one of the idiots on TalkSport, will target Sterling in a way they never would Kane, for example.

Yeah, makes sense. Would have been a good bit of positive PR for him for sure.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently paid 15k for a highly trained guard dog. I'd love one of them just for the laughs.

Saw one on youtube and some of the stuff it was doing was like call of duty type stuff.

CJ_covblaze

Apparently paid 15k for a highly trained guard dog. I'd love one of them just for the laughs.

Saw one on youtube and some of the stuff it was doing was like call of duty type stuff.

Saw that. Funnily enough there were 3 other professional footballers mentioned briefly in the article who had purchased a dog for a similar fee from the same place. There was no article written about them. I’ll give you 3 guesses what the difference is between those three individuals and Sterling.

Nick

Administrator
Saw that. Funnily enough there were 3 other professional footballers mentioned briefly in the article who had purchased a dog for a similar fee from the same place. There was no article written about them. I’ll give you 3 guesses what the difference is between those three individuals and Sterling.

Sterling has a gun tattoo. He should have got a pitbull fam.

PurpleBin

He's tiny?

Users who are viewing this thread