Rainy day time (1 Viewer)

chinamans view

TM was keeping some money back for a rainy day, I say don't wait any longer if we want to stay in the promotion hunt.
We need one defender now, poss two, and one striker that can score. poss keeper if RCC is out for more than 2 weeks
MAF, cant score. Cole cant get fit enough to play. save wages to fund other signings.
Maddison will be back when kent goes so not to worried about that although would like to see them in the same team if poss to keep Kent. Even with Arma we still need someone that can score and take the pressure of him a bit.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mowbray is on the hunt for a new defender, have patience and he will bring in the right personal like he did in the summer. Lots of football to be played yet this season.

chinamans view

And lot of points to be lost if he does not act soon
Mowbray is on the hunt for a new defender, have patience and he will bring in the right personal like he did in the summer. Lots of football to be played yet this season.

BlueElephant

TM was keeping some money back for a rainy day, I say don't wait any longer if we want to stay in the promotion hunt.
We need one defender now, poss two, and one striker that can score. poss keeper if RCC is out for more than 2 weeks
MAF, cant score. Cole cant get fit enough to play. save wages to fund other signings.
Maddison will be back when kent goes so not to worried about that although would like to see them in the same team if poss to keep Kent. Even with Arma we still need someone that can score and take the pressure of him a bit.

Maybe you should replace Mowbray, you make it sound so easy.

robbiethemole

priority has to be GK cover if RCC is out with a hammy, Burge is pants and is now a liability, CoCo the clown would be a better choice

Astute

I will ask the same question that hasn't been answered yet by anyone that wants defence cover brought in ASAP.

Should TM bring someone in as soon as he can then we are left with that player even if he isn't good enough.......like SP did. Or should he take his time and bring in the right player that will improve our squad and first team?

We could have done with more defensive cover a few games ago. But in this time we have gone from 6 points and a game in hand away from 1st to 1 point off first. We lost a cup game where players would have been in the team if it was a league game. And it isn't a disaster to be out of all the cups. Our players will have less games to play than our opponents. They will be more fresh and less chances of getting injured. Top priority this season was promotion not getting to the 3rd round of a cup. Yes the bit of extra money would have been good. But I am happy with the season so far. And I am also happy with how TM has brought the players in on what he has said is probably a top 10 budget. Not all of the players have been good signings. But most have.

Have faith in TM. He knows what he is doing. The last thing we want is panic signings that takes up the last of our small budget and don't add anything to our squad.

bawtryneal

We've still been picking up points the last 5 weeks haven't we? In fact we are on our best run of the season

i would suggest we have been pushing our luck though. We cannot keep conceding two or three goals and expect to win.

shmmeee

Never understand people saying we should sign reserves in our position. We saw with Morris that loanees that aren't in the team get called back, and we're hardly likely to convince a 20 a season player to come and sit on our bench. It's all very well going "buy a goalscorer" but they're like hens teeth and always a gamble.

H

Huckerby

No I was not. Don't you think we need anybody in then ?
Of course I do.

But I trust TM to know that more than anyone and would prefer him to take his time and make the right choice

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

I will ask the same question that hasn't been answered yet by anyone that wants defence cover brought in ASAP.

Should TM bring someone in as soon as he can then we are left with that player even if he isn't good enough.......like SP did. Or should he take his time and bring in the right player that will improve our squad and first team?

We could have done with more defensive cover a few games ago. But in this time we have gone from 6 points and a game in hand away from 1st to 1 point off first. We lost a cup game where players would have been in the team if it was a league game. And it isn't a disaster to be out of all the cups. Our players will have less games to play than our opponents. They will be more fresh and less chances of getting injured. Top priority this season was promotion not getting to the 3rd round of a cup. Yes the bit of extra money would have been good. But I am happy with the season so far. And I am also happy with how TM has brought the players in on what he has said is probably a top 10 budget. Not all of the players have been good signings. But most have.

Have faith in TM. He knows what he is doing. The last thing we want is panic signings that takes up the last of our small budget and don't add anything to our squad.

Great post. It hurts like hell being out of the cup this morning, but bigger picture the size of our squad was just not big enough to be competing on multiple fronts. 3 games in a week, and each game the performances got progressively worse - so the lack of options definitely showed.

We can if we keep banging 3 or 4 in at the other end.

Colchester away will be a big test without the majority of the loanees. I'd take a point right now.

Astute

i would suggest we have been pushing our luck though. We cannot keep conceding two or three goals and expect to win.

It's a funny old game.

We had a run of 4 games where we didn't concede a goal. We only got 6 points in them games. The goals have flown in since the two late goals for Swindon to grab a late draw. But in the Swindon game and other league games since we let in 7 goals in 3 games but got 7 points in 3 games.

At least we have a manager that can change the way we play once we lose an influential player through injury. And it is more enjoyable than a 0-0 :D

covboy9

priority flexible defender, a commanding centre back and striker

fortune looks finished

if rcc isnt in nets im worried

teams are loading crosses on us cos we are venerable without reda

georgehudson

there was an interesting interview on C&W with Ray Gooding in fri when he said that he'd been watching & talking to dozens of players but the huge majority were happy to be just sitting on a contract, even though they were not in consideration for their present club.
assume therefore that the hunt is on for players who actually want to play

Astute

there was an interesting interview on C&W with Ray Gooding in fri when he said that he'd been watching & talking to dozens of players but the huge majority were happy to be just sitting on a contract, even though they were not in consideration for their present club.
assume therefore that the hunt is on for players who actually want to play

That is exactly what we don't want. Players just going through the motions. We need players wanting to come to us and do their best. We need them to use us to become a better player.

Users who are viewing this thread