Raise awareness: Send tweets to these journalists about our story (1 Viewer)

Jimthor

Taken from http://checkthis.com/PeopleToTweet (please share this link).

The aim is to increase national coverage on our potential move out of Coventry.

Get the CCFC Story Heard: Journalists to Tweet
  • The Football League are looking at sanctioning the sale of CCFC Ltd to Otium
  • Otium gaining control of CCFC Ltd will likely see CCFC move out of Coventry

Help get our story heard.
Tweet the above and how you feel about it to the following journalists:

@henrywinter
@OllieHolt22
@OliverKayTimes
@TonyEvansTimes
@DTguardian
@johncrossmirror
@RobHarris
@James_Dart
@philmcnulty
@skysports_bryan
@Matt_Lawton_DM
@John_Ashdown
@_PaulHayward
@rwilliams1947
@GlennMoore7
@MiguelDelaney
@Matt_Barlow_DM
@IanChadTele
@ianprior
@JWTelegraph
@Matt_Law_SM
@DickinsonTimes
@BenSmithBBC
@domfifield
@owen_g
@owenslot
@GARSIDEK
@juliette_grace
@NickSzczepanik
@DuncanCastles
@WSC_magazine
@chrisbevan_bbc
@barneyronay
@bbcsport_david
@JacobSteinberg
@seaningle
@JamesMawFFT
@danroan
@CarlyW226
@david_conn

Please also continue to pressure the Football League directly.
If you haven't emailed/written to them yet, please see how here - NOW

PUSB.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

I hate to say this - but I think the football supporter at large has become de-sensitised to administration with several of us "bigger" clubs over recent years having gone through the (trauma as far as fans are concerned) process.
Reports of the FLs latest "We don't care who owns a club - as long as they've not done anything illegal" attitude shows that the authorities have a lassie-faire attitude to the fan-base. The priority is putting on a show for the majority & the revenue that results.
That being a pretty-much given...I doubt any journalist will give a damn either. Not until a Premiership club is in admin...& even then it will not be a big enough story to knock a "Rooney on the bench" story from the headlines...unless it's maybe a club like Everton that is involved IMO.
Nobody else really cares (general statement) - until it's their club! Just like I was not too bothered when Saints or Pompey were affected by their owner's shenanigans.

Jimthor

Reports of the FLs latest "We don't care who owns a club - as long as they've not done anything illegal" attitude shows that the authorities have a lassie-faire attitude to the fan-base. The priority is putting on a show for the majority & the revenue that results.
I agree with this and it's really incredibly frustrating. The authorities don't remember who they're actually supposed to represent.

I doubt any journalist will give a damn either.
This isn't necessarily correct though. There's been a couple of responses on Twitter already.

And the more people that kick up a fuss, the more these people will get our story out there. They definitely have an angle to run with too: once a long-standing Premier League club, now in free-fall and set to play outside their home city.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fully respect what you're trying to do Jim however I fear it is too late in the game and indeed has been since SISU got that debenture filed last April.

Jimthor

Fully respect what you're trying to do Jim however I fear it is too late in the game and indeed has been since SISU got that debenture filed last April.

That may well be the case. Always better to go down swinging though. No regrets that way.

Media responses on Twitter this evening:

Henry Winter (Telegraph):
Crazy what's happening to @Coventry_City. They can't move out of Coventry, surely? @football_league need to step in - properly

(Our very own!) Mick Quinn (Talksport):
Will try to find out more about this so called CCFC takeover,tomorrow on @tSKellyandQuinn from 10am

Matt Law (Sunday Mirror):
Prospect of Coventry playing in Walsall or Northampton next season is a disgrace. Shame on those who have brought club to its knees

Owen Gibson (Guardian):
@KeepCCFCinCov Absolutely. My colleague @James_Riach is on top of it. Agree that your plight deserves more attention.

For a full list of journalists to send tweets to, see the first post of this thread.

NorthernWisdom

No @david_conn ?

If you want a finance story investigated, he's your man.

Edit - I see someone got there first.

Is why I wouldn't plague people though, with lots of tweets from lots of people.

Last edited:

Jimthor

Surely something like #KeepCCFCinCoventry

#KeepCCFCinCov would be a good call; matches @KeepCCFCinCov and allows for a couple more characters.

Practically all my tweets have been bang on 140 characters the last few days tho, so much to squash in. No room for hashtags haha.

lordsummerisle

The only possible good thing I could see about Twitter is that the 140 character limit would stop pgsm1 from ever plaguing anybody.

Brighton Sky Blue

That may well be the case. Always better to go down swinging though. No regrets that way.

Media responses on Twitter this evening:

Henry Winter (Telegraph):
Crazy what's happening to @Coventry_City. They can't move out of Coventry, surely? @football_league need to step in - properly

(Our very own!) Mick Quinn (Talksport):
Will try to find out more about this so called CCFC takeover,tomorrow on @tSKellyandQuinn from 10am

Matt Law (Sunday Mirror):
Prospect of Coventry playing in Walsall or Northampton next season is a disgrace. Shame on those who have brought club to its knees

Owen Gibson (Guardian):
@KeepCCFCinCov Absolutely. My colleague @James_Riach is on top of it. Agree that your plight deserves more attention.

For a full list of journalists to send tweets to, see the first post of this thread.

True-I don't know, I've always been sceptical of journalists and sports journalists more than any other. The hashtags people've suggested are a little too long, so best keep it short to get the message across:

#KFC (Keep Football in Coventry) might do the trick as folk will soon be hearing about football as much as fried chicken and bring it to a wider audience. Just a thought :)

SkyblueBazza

I agree with this and it's really incredibly frustrating. The authorities don't remember who they're actually supposed to represent.

This isn't necessarily correct though. There's been a couple of responses on Twitter already.

And the more people that kick up a fuss, the more these people will get our story out there. They definitely have an angle to run with too: once a long-standing Premier League club, now in free-fall and set to play outside their home city.

Well - I love to have my own skepticism thwarted...it helps to refocus the mind positively. So fingers crossed it will make a difference.

@richh87

Taken from http://checkthis.com/PeopleToTweet (please share this link).

The aim is to increase national coverage on our potential move out of Coventry.

Get the CCFC Story Heard: Journalists to Tweet
  • The Football League are looking at sanctioning the sale of CCFC Ltd to Otium
  • Otium gaining control of CCFC Ltd will likely see CCFC move out of Coventry

Help get our story heard.
Tweet the above and how you feel about it to the following journalists:

@henrywinter
@OllieHolt22
@OliverKayTimes
@TonyEvansTimes
@DTguardian
@johncrossmirror
@RobHarris
@James_Dart
@philmcnulty
@skysports_bryan
@Matt_Lawton_DM
@John_Ashdown
@_PaulHayward
@rwilliams1947
@GlennMoore7
@MiguelDelaney
@Matt_Barlow_DM
@IanChadTele
@ianprior
@JWTelegraph
@Matt_Law_SM
@DickinsonTimes
@BenSmithBBC
@domfifield
@owen_g
@owenslot
@GARSIDEK
@juliette_grace
@NickSzczepanik
@DuncanCastles
@WSC_magazine
@chrisbevan_bbc
@barneyronay
@bbcsport_david
@JacobSteinberg
@seaningle
@JamesMawFFT
@danroan
@CarlyW226
@david_conn

Please also continue to pressure the Football League directly.
If you haven't emailed/written to them yet, please see how here - NOW

PUSB.

Thanks very much mate - I'm on it.

Skybluesquirrel

Is there a blog anywhere that would explain our plight to those less familiar with goings on?

Shameless self promotion here::)

http://aprisonofmeasuredtime.wordpress.com

It was never meant to be just about SISU and the city, but there's no time to write on anything else at the minute...

The main problem we have is that we are not Premier league, so no-one cares. Take Paolo Di Canio. Self-proclaimed fascist. Manager of Swindon for 2 years. No-one notices. Goes to Sunderland and top story on the back page news.

Last edited:

sky blue john

Maybe the next place for a demonstration is outside the football league offices ?
They would definitely not enjoy the publicity !!!

NorthernWisdom

I'd take out any on the list that have responded. A whole tweet bomb will just antagonise them and put them right off doing anything, and even less point in it if they've already replied to say they're running a story or not.

lordsummerisle

I'd take out any on the list that have responded. A whole tweet bomb will just antagonise them and put them right off doing anything, and even less point in it if they've already replied to say they're running a story or not.

Hope you're not saying "take out" in a Mafia button man sort of way?

Would be a little harsh if they've gone to the effort of replying to then be "double-tapped" by Vinny the Lobster or somebody.

Users who are viewing this thread