Rate the Transfer Window (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

How did you rate the Jan Transfer Window?

I thought it all went rather well - we kept the squad together that has performed so well for us so far this season which has to be a massive plus!
We also added a player in Ryan Giles that might make a difference in the last leg of the season - he is apparently another rapid midfielder (I’ve not seen him play) which gives us yet another OHare type option as an impact player maybe.
The window certainly hasn’t weakened us and I think keeping the line up consistent and largely unchanged is a massive plus going into the final 3rd of the season.

I rate the Jan window 7 out of 10

Sky Blue Harry H

It's a thumbs up from me, and still time for a couple of out of the picture forwards to come to the party.

Liquid Gold

Not lost anybody from the squad and in good shape for the run in, filled the funding gap for another year too. Just feel if we’d have managed to move some of the players MR isn’t keen on and got one key attacker in it would have done us better.

mark82

I'd give it a B+.

Positives -
  • Keeping the team together for the next few months to push on for promotion.
  • Adding Giles who looks a decent option.

Negatives -
  • Selling McCallum. Largely out of the club's hands by the sounds of it, and we got good value, but would've been nice to keep him longer term.
  • Not adding more goals. Lack of goals has always been a concern and has reared its head a little again in the last couple of weeks. Would've been nice to add another option either up front or someone like Bright (put maybe someone who's a bit less trouble).
All in all a good window.

higgs

Would have taken this outcome when it opened lost nobody

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Manchester_sky_blue

Best we could have hoped for really. A lot of our squad have shown themselves capable this season so we could easily have lost a few. McCallum was always going to leave, his agent had made sure of that but not so long ago we would have caved at the first sniff of a bid instead of waiting for a better deal. If it is anywhere close to the rumoured 3 million up front then that's good business. Hopefully the loan back works out but if not we still have Mason and now Giles too.

The only disappointment of the window for me was that Callum Wilson didn't move. I was sure Man U would go in for him and we'd get a chunky sell on fee. That was totally out of our hands though so can't complain.

ccfcway

9/10.

Didn’t lose anyone for the promotion push, strengthened and got some money in to cover the fact we play in Birmingham.

Only way it could have been better for me would have been to have freed up some wages by offloading kastaneer and jordi H

covcity4life

Didnt lose anyone for push and added a player

But.mclalum prob sum1 we wudnt have needed to replace had we got promoted to chsmpionship(tslent wise) as hes only gonns get better over next few years

That said 2 montjs ago i wasnt that impressed eith him. More goijg on what professionals say aboit him plus his current goos form. Its not end of world but still a problem area in summer now

vow

Would have liked another Centre back in.

Any of the 3 get injured we're struggling, only Pask to cover.

Happy with everything else.

kg82

Decent window to be fair. Squad is technically stronger than before January. I’m not sure what it was like for other teams around us, but I’m sure not many will have kept everyone they wanted to.

Kingokings204

I am happy. We lost no one technically until end of the season and we have gained an unknown quantity who could be fantastic.
Could of done with shifting on hiwula or Baka for the wage bill but overall very happy and with everyone beating everyone I see no reason why we can’t get top 2.

lifeskyblue

Happy we not lost any key player for the rest of season. Would have liked a proven goalscorer coming in, but so would every other team, but wasn’t going to happen. Overall no reason we shouldn’t kick on and cement an auto place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStonesThrow

Unpopular opinion: I’m glad we didn’t sign Bright. Seems to think he’s better than he is, clearly has no loyalty to the club as He’s made out, his attitude and selfish play style could have disrupted the morale of the team, plus we have O’Hare who, in my opinion, is as good if not better than Bright due to his distribution and willingness to create for others

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Was a pretty decent window but I think we still look a bit short of goals. Wouldn't have minded Baka and/or Hiwula going to bring in a replacement but it's not as easy as that.

Gibbo

I'd give it a B+.

Positives -
  • Keeping the team together for the next few months to push on for promotion.
  • Adding Giles who looks a decent option.

Negatives -
  • Selling McCallum. Largely out of the club's hands by the sounds of it, and we got good value, but would've been nice to keep him longer term.
  • Not adding more goals. Lack of goals has always been a concern and has reared its head a little again in the last couple of weeks. Would've been nice to add another option either up front or someone like Bright (put maybe someone who's a bit less trouble).
All in all a good window.
That is my summation, but I think it better than B+. Various lesser players were found temporary homes. The missing is a McNulty type player to play instead of one of the two midfielders Westbrooke and Shipley and play off Godden (or Biamou). I would like to have been shot of Hiwula, as nobody wants to pay wages for someone with no future and therefore no purpose.

Magwitch

I think it’s been a good window our squad is the same plus we have got a left winger in with bags of pace, McCallum was off anyway but £3m if that’s the fee and he stays until the end of season is a great deal. We have cover all over the pitch now.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The squad is now stronger, good times ahead methinks.

Johhny Blue

Didnt lose anyone for push and added a player

But.mclalum prob sum1 we wudnt have needed to replace had we got promoted to chsmpionship(tslent wise) as hes only gonns get better over next few years

That said 2 montjs ago i wasnt that impressed eith him. More goijg on what professionals say aboit him plus his current goos form. Its not end of world but still a problem area in summer now
I think he meant the English Transfer window?

Users who are viewing this thread