Fleck 7
Macca 6

McGoldrick 8

Subs
Cody 6
Reckord 6

Nick

Administrator
Dont agree about baker, he had a decent isn game and made some good tackles tracking back

What did mcsheffrey do to get a 6?

RichieGunns

And you forgot Jennings who was (from the radio) having a good game until he was substituted because of injury...what would you have given him?

And i too disagree with Baker, id say a 6/7 for Baker.

Macca a 5?

iamyouralterego

Baker- 4 and Mcsheffery - 6 ? Please, elaborate on what Mcsheffery accomplished that Baker apparently did worse? I'm not condoning either of their performance but once again there is that wild conundrum that in some peoples eyes, McSheffery can do no wrong.

LJC_CCFC

Baker- 4 and Mcsheffery - 6 ? Please, elaborate on what Mcsheffery accomplished that Baker apparently did worse? I'm not condoning either of their performance but once again there is that wild conundrum that in some peoples eyes, McSheffery can do no wrong.

For me, Macca put a decent shift in and as for Baker unless it is his uncle's birthday he doesn't care. One of the most inconsistent players ever

pusbccfc

Daniels is not a midfielder.

Some poor decisions from brown (only had a few days).
What has Sheff done to play? Same as Brown.

And surely the Mcdonald situation is something to do with bonuses.

LJC_CCFC

And you forgot Jennings who was (from the radio) having a good game until he was substituted because of injury...what would you have given him?

And i too disagree with Baker, id say a 6/7 for Baker.

Macca a 5?

Jennings came off after 23 minutes...

Sutty

Baker 4? Our best player along with McGoldrick, to rate McSheffrey higher than him is laughable to be honest.

Murphy - 6 - did nothing wrong, good point blank save after Brown let that cross drift over his head.

Clarke - 3 - I like him but this was a bad game.
Brown - 3 - ticking time bomb, disaster waiting to happen.
Wood - 3 - likewise, a soft goal is never too far away.
Kilbane - 3 - I want my left back to either be solid at the back or good going forward. Kilbane was neither.

Henderson - 5 - looked very rusty but at least he wanted the ball and didn't hide. He'll come good.
Daniels - 3 - not trying to be harsh on a young kid, but he's not ready yet.

Baker - 7 - defended well, worked hard, great cross for the goal, looked lively. He can't win with some people.
Fleck - 5 - came into it in the last 20 minutes which saves him a 3.
McSheffrey - 3 - dreadful, tricks and flicks are fine but the basics aren't there.

McGoldrick - 7 - good goal, hit the post, put himself about. Bright spot in the performance.

Nick

Administrator
For me, Macca put a decent shift in and as for Baker unless it is his uncle's birthday he doesn't care. One of the most inconsistent players ever

BAker the player who made a couple of challenges in the box and tracked back.

What shift did mcsheffrey put in?

1nilandwe...

Murphy - 6

Kilbane - 4
Wood - 6
Brown - 6
Clarke - 4

McSheffrey - 5
Jennings - 6
Daniels - 5
Baker - 6

Fleck - 7
McGoldrick - 8

Subs

Henderson - 5
Reckford - 7
McDonald - 7

Thought Baker, Fleck, Sheff put a good amount of work in today. Some good ideas but desperately short on quality/confidence.
Game largely passed the centre of midfield by. I say largely, I mean completely.
Have no idea how we lost. Very soft looking penalty from where I was sat. Happy to be proved wrong though.
Hit the post twice, could have had a penalty of our own. A team with some confidence would have probably won that game 3 or 4 - 1.
As it was, Carlisle just had more nous and more experience and mugged us.

Robins has got a big old job ahead of him. The Arsenal game couldn't come at a worse time. If we go a goal behind early we might struggle to keep it in single figures.

iamyouralterego

From what i'm aware, the occasions you elude to are in fact the anniversary(ies) of his brothers death. Not to mention the fact that, as others have noted, Baker had a decent game that, whilst not setting the world alight, made McSheffery look the amateurish lethargic he generally is.

LJC_CCFC

From what i'm aware, the occasions you elude to are in fact the anniversary(ies) of his brothers death. Not to mention the fact that, as others have noted, Baker had a decent game that, whilst not setting the world alight, made McSheffery look the amateurish lethargic he generally is.

Yh I didn't say that though did I

Otis

Murphy 7

Clarke 5
Brown 4
Wood 4
Kilbane 2

Daniels 0
Henderson 6

Baker 4
Fleck 7
Macca 6

McGoldrick 8

Subs
Cody 6
Reckord 6

Murphy 6

Clarke 5
Brown 4
Wood 4
Kilbane 3

Daniels 3 ( a young lad way out of his depth)
Henderson 5 (looked unfit)

Baker 6.5 (best game since Brum. Biggest threat along with McGoldrick)
Fleck 5
Macca 4

McGoldrick 8

Nonleagueherewecome

Murphy-6
Clarke-6
Brown-5
Wood-3
Kilbane-2
Baker-7
Daniels-4
Jennings-6
McSheffrey-1
Fleck-6
McGoldrick-8

Henderson-3
McDonald-6
Reckord-6

@richh87

I'm pretty sure Baker attributed his performance v Brum to it being his Mum's birthday and deciding in the car on the way to the game that he was "going to give it everything today".

CCFC_Charlie

Murphy - 7 - Two incredible saves to keep us in the game
Clarke - 4 - Really like him but woeful today
Brown - 3 - Liability
Wood - 4 - Liability
Kilbane - 4 - Waste of time
Jennings - NA
Daniels - 3 - More out of his depth than a two year old in a Olympic diving pool
Baker - 6 - Good game today
Fleck - 6 - Clearly a very good player, lacks fitness though
McSheffery - 4 - Get rid
McGoldrick - 7 - Quality, as per.

Henderson - 5 - Unfit
Reckford - 5 - Average
McDonald - 6 - Busy, made himself available.

Robins - 7

Struggling to see why Carl Baker's tendency to up his game on the anniversary of HIS BROTHERS DEATH is subject of mockery...

Greggs

Murphy-5
Clarke-5
Brown-5
Wood-4
Kilbane-2
Baker-5
Daniels-4
Jennings-4
McSheffrey-1
Fleck-5
McGoldrick-7

Henderson-5
McDonald-5
Reckord-5

iamyouralterego

Struggling to see why Carl Baker's tendency to up his game on the anniversary of HIS BROTHERS DEATH is subject of mockery...

I don't believe anyone is mocking it, certainly not intentionally. I just don't think many people are aware of that fact as the death occurred before he joined the club.

Nonleagueherewecome

Murphy-5
Clarke-5
Brown-5
Wood-4
Kilbane-2
Baker-5
Daniels-4
Jennings-4
McSheffrey-1
Fleck-5
McGoldrick-7

Henderson-5
McDonald-5
Reckord-5

TOTALLY on the same page as you with our "left side", Greggs!

@richh87

I don't believe anyone is mocking it, certainly not intentionally. I just don't think many people are aware of that fact as the death occurred before he joined the club.

Quite right. Nobody would mock his Brother's death; however, if Baker only plays well on such occassions it suggests he isn't giving his all the other 99% of the time - and that is not what we want to hear.

Nonleagueherewecome

I have a feeling MR will be feeling the same

I really expect him to start with Reckord and Moussa next game, they literally couldn't do any worse.

Greggs

Encouraging that a professional football manager has finally addressed what the 'fans' have known for a very long time! :facepalm:

FinchyNo1

Murphy - 4 (made a good save but really needs to start commanding his area,gets caught ball watching)

Kilbane - 2 (very poor touch, used to be international??)
Wood - 4 (very inconsistent throughout game)
Brown - 5 (didn't do much wrong but makes me feel nervy when on ball)
Clarke - 5 (Started well but lost confidence)

Daniels - 2 (out if his depth)
Henderson - 5 (glimmers of quality- needs to be given a chance)

Baker - 7 (for the first time he tracked back successfully, just makes basic errors)
Fleck - 6 (bit dissapointed with him but perhaps a bit unfair of me seeing its his first full game)
Mcsheffrey - 1 (lost for words, just doesn't cut it anymore)

Mcgoldrick - 8 (looks quality, can me things happen out of nothing, to many long high balls to him,we'll taken goal)

Jennings - 5 ( looked comfortable for the time he was on)
Cody - 6 (needs to play more, defo has the quality IMO)
Reckford - 6 (looked ok, had the odd run but lack of movement from squad didn't help)

Ashdown

FFS Murphy should be a 2 because he is utter dog shit and Baker should also be a 2 because he must have an IQ of about -20, thick fuckwit !! I'm struggling to think who could rate above a 4 but I suppose McGoldrought as the Forest fans named him should just about take a 5 despite having to have 6 touches when 2 would have been suffice every time.

Sutty

FFS Murphy should be a 2 because he is utter dog shit and Baker should also be a 2 because he must have an IQ of about -20, thick fuckwit !! I'm struggling to think who could rate above a 4 but I suppose McGoldrought as the Forest fans named him should just about take a 5 despite having to have 6 touches when 2 would have been suffice every time.

Top assister and joint top goalscorer, but yeah he's shit.

Blinxs

It isnt McGoldrick's fault he has no confidence in the players around him so feels he has to do all the work and take players on himself. He is by far our best player at the moment (league 1 version of marlon king without the baggage?) and if the other players gave the same effort he does then i have no doubt we would be in a better position than we currently are.

Users who are viewing this thread