Bell-0
Moussa-0
Philliskirk-0

Subs: Cody-0
Wilson-0
Clarke-0

Ref-2

man of the match..yessssss,, the ref... played a blinder.:p

cos the team..well garbage springs to mind.

Sutty

Murphy 7 - Never seen a keeper have to deal with so many horrible back-passes.

Christie 7 - Good outlet, end product lacking.
Martin 6 - Thought he was solid enough, they didn't create much. Maybe got sucked in a bit for the goal.
Wood 6 - Pretty steady. Loses a mark for that clumsy touch in the first half when he got booked.
Stewart 7 - Looked good, I assume he got injured. Linked up well with DB a few times early on.

Baker 5 - Some good passes, but some frustrating stuff as well. Looks knackered to me now.
Jennings 4 - Poor. Struggles to pass the ball. Think we need better if we're to go up.
Fleck 7 - Looks good in that deeper central role. Showed good strength and composure a few times to get away from his marker. Think he'll be key next season.
Bell 6 - Gave us an outlet, and was our biggest threat in the first 10 minutes and last 30 minutes.

Moussa 4 - FRUSTRATING. Did well to get the ball in good positions but wasted them time and time again with poor passing or a poor first touch.

Philliskirk 6 - Did pretty well. Showed some good touches, looks tidy enough. Should have scored. Haven't seen enough to truly judge but I'd be tempted to give him a contract based on today.

Subs:

McDonald 5
Clarke 6
Wilson 6

stupot07

Murphy 6.5 - did ok, quite day apart from the goal

Christie 6.5 - our most attacking threat, however made the wrong decision in the final third on a number of occassions, and having seen the goal again i am questioning his positioning. Needs to improve his crossing and decision making in the final third.
Martin 7 - steady eddy, left isolated for the goal, made a couple of errors late on.
Wood 6.5 - not as dominant as he should be
Stewart 6 - had a good 20 minutes then was obviously injured - clarke was stripped ready to come on but stewart stayed on for the rest of the half.

Jennings 4 - jennings is jennings, with fleck so deep so often jennings is put under pressure to be the 'box-to-box' player and try and make things happen. created our best opportunity.
Fleck 6 - mixed bag, did some good things and some poor things. plays far too deep and passing started to get very sloppy last 20 minutes when he tired. Too many 'hollywood' balls when simple options were available

Baker 5 some decent play at times, but did choose the wrong option in the final third on a number of occassions
Moussa 4 our worst midfielder, did some brilliant things when deep, but chose the wrong option and poor execution every time he got into the final third. He's done well this season but he's not a left winger and he's not a proper number 10. I'm struggling to see where he fits into the system.
Bell 6.5 - our best midfield player, started brightly but struggled to get the ball after a promising first 20 in the first half...this may have been due to stewarts injury. Much better second half.

Philliskirk 5 - some nice touches, but offered no attacking threat. Doesnt look as though he can play the lone striking role. with limited squad places available he didnt do enough for me.

Subs

Cody - 5 starved of service had little impact
Wilson - 5 one nice run, but like cody starved of service
Clarke - 5 did ok

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Martin, steady Eddy? Cor blimey guvner yer avin a laff, aintchya?!?!? He made Wood look like Beckenbauer today. The idea that somebody thinks he played better than Cyrus today makes me feel unwell.

ampthill_sba

It's amazing how fans present at the same game can see a players contribution so differently.

The only players to consistently add any excitement in games through the season are Christie, Adams, Baker, McGoldrick, L Clarke and Moussa.

How anyone can give Moussa 3 whilst giving Philliskirk 6 is beyond me.

No offence to Danny (as he may well be one for the future) and I'm happy to respect others' views but understanding them is a stretch...

stupot07

Martin, steady Eddy? Cor blimey guvner yer avin a laff, aintchya?!?!? He made Wood look like Beckenbauer today. The idea that somebody thinks he played better than Cyrus today makes me feel unwell.

He covered woods mistakes on a number of occasions I thought, and looked to play the ball out to feet. He made a couple of mistakes late on.

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought he hoofed it consistently and ineffectually. Terrible performance.

stupot07

It's amazing how fans present at the same game can see a players contribution so differently.

The only players to consistently add any excitement in games through the season are Christie, Adams, Baker, McGoldrick, L Clarke and Moussa.

How anyone can give Moussa 3 whilst giving Philliskirk 6 is beyond me.

No offence to Danny (as he may well be one for the future) and I'm happy to respect others' views but understanding them is a stretch...

To be honest I wanted to give danny a 5, but thought it might look harsh on debut. Probably a 4 is more apt or mouusa.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy 6
Christie 7
Martin 6
Wood 5
Stewart 6
Jennings 5
Fleck 7
Baker 6
Moussa 6
Bell 7
Philiskirk 5

Weren't a bad performance imo, wrong decisions at crucial times and poor finishing cost us

Littlewood CCFC

Murphy 7 - Usual good stuff
Christie 7 - Is our only real outlet..
Martin 6 - Distributions awful...
Wood 6 - As above..
Stewart 5 - Thank god we have Blair Adams returning
Jennings 5 - Capable of a lot but just looks like hes waiting for his holiday
Fleck 7 - Great talent and will be key next season
Baker 6 - Fustrating as Baker is such a good dribbler.. if he can work out his final ball next season he'll have an even better season than this one!
Moussa 5 - We all know what he can do just looks tired?
Bell 5 - I think Left midfield is a position we need to improve in the summer.. either that or i'd like to see wilson given a chance there
Philiskirk 5 - Not good enough for first team football

Jackoskyblue

Murphy 6 - didn't do a lot
Christie 9 - Man of match by far showed energy skill and class just lacked support
Martin 4 - I'm biased I don't like him but didn't do much
Wood 5 - few dodgy clearances/ passes bit shakey overall today for his experiance
Stewart 5- showed his age today got to half way line and had had it
Jennings 4 - picked the ball up from deep a lot did nothing to follow it up
Fleck 7 - touch of pace played good compared to others but didn't set the game alight
Baker 5 - his worst in a while, didn't help Christie or support him attacking, seemed tired
Moussa 6 - ok just over complicated things
Bell 8 - looked lively in 2nd half some good crosses coming in just noone getting on the end of them
Philiskirk 4 - nothing he could do he never looked like a lone striker from the moment I saw him warm up

mark82

Not sure how people can rate Philiskirk so low, he had a reasonable debut. Got himself into good positions at times - one in particular at the end of the first half when he made himself about 10 yards of space on the penalty spot only for Christie to lash a wild shot rather than play a simple pass. Hard to mark him down when he got into good goalscoring positions only to be let down by the service from his colleagues.

Have to agree he would be better with a partner up front but you can say this for every striker in our squad.

shy_tall_knight

Murphy 6 - had little to do other than pick the ball out of the net
cyrus 8 - MOTM would score higher just lacked composure right at the end
Stewart - 6 great shot but hasn't got the pace like cyrus to compensate for our winger's lack of pace
Martin 5 poor defending for their goal turned his back rather than trying to block the shot
wood 6 not a lot of defending to do
Bell 5 first half did nothing of any impact in the final third, our notable chances were shots by Fleck, Stewart, Moussa & Baker & Philiskirk run on goal then there was Bell's header which was a pi$$ poor effort very wide when in the middle of the goal. The second half performance I saw seems to be somewhat different to many on here, some on here have given him an 8. there were 3 shots 1 - took advantage of poor control by their player but shot wide, created a chance for himself but shot wide, picked up the ball out deep and shot high and very wide. Bell has managed 6 goals for Cov in over 4 seasons shooting wide is to be expected. As for his other contribution didn't see it I saw him attempt to take his full back on only for Callum to take the ball off him and show him what running at a full back with pace is. The main penetration in the second half was Cyrus Cyrus and Cyrus.
Fleck 5 clearly has ability but for every good thing he did good shot first half followed by wild shots, some good long distance passes followed by "hollywood" balls. for their goal he gave the ball away passing to Jennings who was surrounded by their players. Second half he faded playing too deep.
Baker 5 has been poor since his return from injury, when chasing a game has the ability to slow the momentum down by drifting sideways, also that ball he played into the channel for Cyrus to run onto after Cyrus had just ran the full length of the pitch was taking for granted that Cyrus will do twice the running to make up for Baker's lack of pace
Jennings 4 - our midfield general 1 good pass for Philiskirk chance but his usual inept performance, can't shoot pass or tackle very well and is quite small so not particlarly good at set pieces
Moussa 5 showed good pace in creating chance for himself when he shot into the side net, poor pass to Philiskirk which should have lead to a good chance
Philiskirk 4 - wish the lad well but too weak currently to play a lone striker and should have scored

Jordan 5 recognise that he is right footed but was generally poor had little defending to do and did not combine well with bell to create any chances of note.

covcity4life

he may be good but he was shocking vs orient

2-3 times he could have put players through on goal but he silly dallied till he lost the ball or misplayed the pass

passing was poor all round.

Users who are viewing this thread