Ratings vs Port Vale (a) (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Couldn't see this thread anywhere.

Allsop - 7 - Very good today, made possibly a game winning save as I'm not sure we'd have come back from a goal down
Pennington - 7 - Great cross for Reda's goal and an overall good performance
Seaborne (Martin) - 6 - Didn't notice him which is probably what you want from a centre back. Clean sheet.
Webster - 6 - No real Webster howler today. Clean sheet.
Johnson - 6 - Shocking first 20 minutes but massively improved. Great header. Should have given away a pen.
McQuoid - 7 - Played well, very direct. Harshly taken off.
Fleck - 5 - Too slow and weak. Needs to create more.
Swanson - 5 - Tried hard to create but doesn't drive forward with the ball enough. Harsh to go off at halftime.
Barton - 7 - Decent performance, controlled the tempo pretty well. I'd offer him a new deal.
O'Brien - 6 - Typical O'Brien performance, some good moment mixed with some odd ones. Still don't like the way he looks to blame others for his own mistakes.
Madine - 6 - Got very, very little service and tried hard but not much came off for him until his goal. Hope he stays.

Haynes - 6 - Probably his best performance on the left wing. Did well to beat his man a few times.
Finch - 5 - Not awful. Broke up play well.
Willis - N/A

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

5 for Swanson but harsh to take him off? Think the back 4 are all worth a 7.

Very solid performance really. We didn't look like conceding for once. Another clean sheet, not conceding is the basis for any progress. Have we achieved as many clean sheets now as the whole of last season?

CCFC_Charlie

I have no idea why I wrote Seaborne. Just shows how many players have come and gone recently.

Very solid performance really. We didn't look like conceding for once. Another clean sheet, not conceding is the basis for any progress. Have we achieved as many clean sheets now as the whole of last season?

5 because the whole team performance was worse in the first than in the second so while in the context of the first half it was harsh to take him off overall he didn't play that well. Also, I think it's harsh to take any player off after only a half if things aren't going disastrously wrong, doesn't show much faith in the player.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Probably, mostly our defence has been solid. We just when through a 7/8 game spell where we conceded a bucket load, and it wasn't as if the opposition were having 25 shots a game in that period. It was more in that time our keepers let in almost every shot they faced.

Gazolba

McQuoid - 7 - Played well, very direct. Harshly taken off.
Madine - 6 - Got very, very little service and tried hard but not much came off for him until his goal. Hope he stays.

Don't see how you can give a striker who scores a lower rating than a striker who does not score.
What are they there for? Madine was in the right place at the right time which is what a striker is paid to do.

stupot07

Don't see how you can give a striker who scores a lower rating than a striker who does not score.
What are they there for? Madine was in the right place at the right time which is what a striker is paid to do.

To be fair though, mcqoid played on the left of a 5 man midfield, Madine was a lone striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

oscillatewildly

Allsop's handling/collecting was faultless. The save in the first half was superb. Not sure Johnson should have given away a penalty. Are you are referring to that admittedly clumsy and amateurish challenge in the first half where he missed the ball by a mile and thankfully, the Vale player also?

oscillatewildly

If his performances over the next three games are as consistent as y'day, then if we are offered an extension it would negate the headache and gamble to find a replacement keeper. I would admittedly still have fingers crossed behind my back.

Alsop - 7.5 - Did the job required. Some great saves and brilliant alertness. Was always there to pick up the ball when danger was there
Pennington - 7.5 - Good effort from the kid. Brilliant set up for Reda's goal
Martin - 7 - Actually didn't notice him throughout the entire game. Kept his head down and did what was expected
Webster - 6 - VERY lacklustre at the start. Kept losing his man, which could have cost us dearly. Better towards the end but would like to see Willis next time
Reda - 8.5 - Shaky start but what a comeback! Great header, brilliant attacking play towards the end and some cracking tackles (giggidy)
McQuoid - 7 - I can see why his previous clubs have played him on the wing. But he stands around too much. His teammates needed support and he just stood there for long periods of the game. But he made great runs and certainly improved
Fleck - 5.5 - I honestly don't see what he brings to the team. He's not quick, he's not powerful, his passing has been poor recently and he creates nothing. IMO Fleck and Webster need to go. We have better midfielders than him
Barton - 8 - A real Cinderella story. He was a credit to us last night. Always got stuck in, brilliant tackling, great passing, very creative and always looked to get involved
Swanson 7 - Great attacking play. Best player in the 1st half for me. Thought it was madness taking him off but Pressley proved me wrong :)
O'Brien - 6.5 - Average performance from Jim. Nothing to say really
Madine - 6.75 - Didn't get much help but tried his best and was in the right position for the 2nd goal. Where was Nouble tho?

Subs
Haynes - 7.5 - Definatley the best performance on the left wing I've seen him do. Linked up very well with Reda and looked confident in his new position
Finch - 6.5 - What a run as soon as he came on! Held the play up well. Good passing. Put him in for Fleck on Saturday
Willis - N/A - Looked good, made a mad run on the right side

Last edited:

SkyBlueCharlie

My first away match of the season and after some of the dross I've seen at home so far this was a breath of fresh air. Once the first 15 minutes were over we played well as a team, defended pretty well and put so promising attacks together. Scored a couple of good goals and more importantly played for the full 95 minutes. I think individual ratings are a bit subjective so tend not to go down that road but would have no problem with giving 7.5 overall as a team performance.

Users who are viewing this thread